• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Everyone read!! New feedback rule!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to buy something from a seller here we agreed on price and seller never gave me his information and sold the item to someone else can I leave feedback for this seller.

Man you never asked for my information until a whole 'nother day. If you wanted the figure you should have asked for MY PAYPAL ADDRESS THAT SAME DAY. I have never delt with a bordie that wanted to buy from me that didnt ask me for my paypal. The would say "I'll take it,WHATS YOUR PAYPAL?"

Last edited:
I wanted to buy something from a seller here we agreed on price and seller never gave me his information and sold the item to someone else can I leave feedback for this seller.

No. No money changed hands. No items were shipped. Can you imagine the amount of worthless feedback that could be left if this were allowed.

Man you never asked for my information until a whole 'nother day. If you wanted the figure you should have asked for MY PAYPAL ADDRESS THAT SAME DAY. I have never delt with a bordie that wanted to buy from me that didnt ask me for my paypal. The would say "I'll take it,WHATS YOUR PAYPAL?"

The Words "I'll take it" should be enough for the seller to send his information. I'm pretty sure most on the buyers agree with me. Was it a big deal for you to PM your paypal account . You did respond by saying "I thought I was suppose to give you my paypal address?' Why not include you paypal address and
we would have never had this conversation and maybe we could have left each other feedback.

So now more of the story is getting out. :lol

But the rules is that if no money has exchanged hands - you can not leave negative feedback.

So now more of the story is getting out. :lol

But the rules is that if no money has exchanged hands - you can not leave negative feedback.

Thare's always three side to a story, His side, then his side and then the truth. As a buyer I always ask for the sellers Paypal, say,'I'm sending payment now, and then PM, 'Payment sent'.

Thare's always three side to a story, His side, then his side and then the truth. As a buyer I always ask for the sellers Paypal, say,'I'm sending payment now, and then PM, 'Payment sent'.

That's usually what I do too. I always send payment after I say I'm going to get something.

I said "I'll take it" and gave my email address the seller should have responded with his. Was it a problem to give his paypal address. When someone wants something from me I respond with all my info

I said "I'll take it" and gave my email address the seller should have responded with his. Was it a problem to give his paypal address. When someone wants something from me I respond with all my info

Well, in this scenario you were the buyer who wanted something from him. :lol

Can I get some advice?

I've purchased an item from a reputable seller on these boards on the 5th of this month. Since then, I have sent him two PMs asking for updates on the status of shipping and have gotten no reply. His profile said he was online at 6 AM this morning. I even sent him an e-mail to the e-mail I PayPal-ed him money at and got no response. Should I file a claim with PayPal or what?

he's had 18 days, you're allowed 28 days to file complaint on paypal, send him a message (PM and email) stating your intentions to file a claim for reversal if item is not shipped within 48 hours. If no response or if he tries delaying tactics then file that complaint

If you've sent two PMs already and he seems to be avoiding you, then you might just go ahead and file the complaint. That dispute resolution process exists for situations where folks can't resolve those disputes amicably between themselves, and ignoring you seems to suggest that this is the case. Maybe send another message and give him another couple days, stating that you will go to the Paypal dispute if an answer isn't forthcoming.

he's had 18 days, you're allowed 28 days to file complaint on paypal, send him a message (PM and email) stating your intentions to file a claim for reversal if item is not shipped within 48 hours. If no response or if he tries delaying tactics then file that complaint
It's not 45 days anymore??

If you've sent two PMs already and he seems to be avoiding you, then you might just go ahead and file the complaint. That dispute resolution process exists for situations where folks can't resolve those disputes amicably between themselves, and ignoring you seems to suggest that this is the case. Maybe send another message and give him another couple days, stating that you will go to the Paypal dispute if an answer isn't forthcoming.

It's not 45 days anymore??

i thought it was 28 but yeah it could be 45 days never had to use it but point is 18 days is long enough if item was sold as in hand

So I only have up to 45 days right? Not 45 days until I can file a complaint?

thnx for the help also :love

:goodpost::lecture:exactly:

thnx for the help also :love

The 45 day clock starts as soon as you send payment. A claim can be made anytime during this period, but obviously you need to give time for the item to arrive. But if no response for a while, file the claim before the 45 days is up.

Like EF says, you can file a complaint any time within 45 days. After that, Paypal probably will not help you. However, if you paid via a credit card, then you can sometimes file a claim with your credit card company beyond that period (depending on your company's policy). Drawback to that is that Paypal will supposedly close accounts when folks do that, because they want people using Paypal for their chargebacks. Having said that, whenever I make a big-time purchase, I order through Paypal using my credit card. If a dispute needs to be filed, I'll go through Paypal, and if they aren't able to help, I've got the CC as a backup.

thanks so much guys. what's a nice way to say "respond to me or I'm going to start a PayPal dispute?" :lol

Back