• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Everyone read!! New feedback rule!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any way the iTrader postive ratings be added to the Feedback thread?

Sorry, but no. Plus the fact that some people are still able to leave feedback with iTrader every blue moon and I would have no way to keep track if anyone used that to leave feedback. So people need to just check iTrader and the feedback thread for a person's full feedback record.

I've asked people numerous times to be more descriptive with their feedback - saying what the feedback was for, etc.... but only a handful seem to do it. I'm not sure what else to do and I don't have time to PM everyone if they don't leave descriptive feedbacks and it's not fair to not give someone their feedback because the other person only posted something like +1.

As far as separating sales from trades - it's not possible at this time. We have A LOT of transactions that take place on this board. On average I'm updating around 120 different people with feedback points totaling an average of around 400 on a weekly basis. Now the feedback points will go down since we have implemented this new rule - but the number of people will remain the same.

I have tried to check when people are leaving feedback of a high number to make sure it is justified and if it was not, then I would only update with the appropriate amount. But with so many transactions, I am sure many fell through the cracks. What was really bothering me about our old way of doing things were people ordering lots of decals or things like stands and getting numerous points for them.

I think with the system we have now, which is far from perfect, a strict across the board one point per transaction is the fairest and easiest way for people to leave feedback and for members to get a better idea of how many transactions a person has had on this board.

In many people's feedback they will sometimes list if it was for a sale or trade. If you want to fully check someone out - you can always do a search in the thread with that person's board name and you can see what feedback they received and read the posts.

Sometimes a person might not want to make it public what items he purchased. Thus the private PM. Other people sometimes keep track of how many of an item you might now own and get upset that you have them and they don't. Sorry if this seems petty, but I've seen it. But one point per transaction seems fair enough.

Sometimes a person might not want to make it public what items he purchased. Thus the private PM. Other people sometimes keep track of how many of an item you might now own and get upset that you have them and they don't. Sorry if this seems petty, but I've seen it. But one point per transaction seems fair enough.

if a person wants to keep it private then you always have the option of not exchanging feedback .

Feedback scores have become misleading - someone could buy several things in one transaction and get multiple points. Then when you are checking their feedback - you think they have a good record here not knowing that perhaps they have only had one transaction on this board.

Yeah, but with the new system, someone could sell several cheap things in across several transactions and rack up multiple points. Then when you are checking their feedback, because you're interested in a high-price item from them, you think they have a good record with many sales, not knowing that perhaps they have only dealt with small-ticket items and haven't been entrusted or tested with a more expensive transaction before.

A cheap way to set up potential buyers for a high value scam.

As a buyer, I'm interested in knowing if a seller has a well-trusted selling history, or if he's just setting up a cheap and easy reputation in preparation for scamming members on some expensive transactions. The old system wasn't quite so specific, but there was a stronger correlation between the size of a seller's feedback and his selling history than there will be with the new system.

If I sell three really expensive figures to one person, that should go a lot more towards my reputation than if I sell two different people a much cheaper, generic Truetype headsculpt. Yet with the new system, the latter is worth twice as much to my reputation.

Not saying the old system was perfect - but let's not pretend like the new system will fix the old problems. It just swaps out the old problems for new problems.

Is it also possible to require a member to post what items they sold/bought from/traded to the other member? And a link to the 'For Sale/For Trade' thread where the transaction was derived from?

I know I wouldn't feel comfortable <b>requiring</b> to make the details of my transactions public. Letting a Mod know the details is one thing (which I think the iTrader system required), but putting it out in the open is just begging for drama.

Though if multiple feedbacks for multiple item/single transactions were re-allowed at some point, perhaps justifying the multiple feedback with some description might be helpful.

*Example of an 'unfair' feedback: Giving a +5 to <whoever> for the awesome Dr. Doom PF!!!! I love it!!!

I had no idea people did this - I don't think anyone can argue that that is a good or fair practice.

I was under the impression that people would post multiple feedback for multiple items in a single transaction - but never multiple feedback for one item in one transaction (even if it was much appreciated or expensive).

Good rule, and about time.

I never understood how someone parting out a figure could get 20+ feedbacks for selling nickel and dime items while a person who sold a $1000 statue gets "1" feedback.

But this is exactly what is going to continue to happen now.

I can part out a figure to 5 different people (for $15 per part) and get 5 feedback - but if you sell a $1000 statue, you still only get 1 feedback.

That will continue, but simply be more inconsistent - if I sell 4 of my parts to 1 person (4 x $15 = $60) and 1 to another (for another $15), I only get 2 feedback. If I decided to sell to 5 different people, I'd get 5 feedback for the same kind of transaction amount. And you'd still only get 1 feedback for that statue.

On average I'm updating around 120 different people with feedback points totaling an average of around 400 on a weekly basis. Now the feedback points will go down since we have implemented this new rule - but the number of people will remain the same.

Which means pretty much the same amount of work for you. It sounds daunting and I know that I, and many others, have appreciated and will continue to appreciate your dedication.

Thanks.

if a person wants to keep it private then you always have the option of not exchanging feedback .

So then a seller is dis-incentivized from selling to buyers who wish to remain anonymous, because that reduces the chances of getting positive feedback. In turn, buyers are dis-incentivized from anonymity, to increase their chances of getting an item.

I don't think that's something you want to encourage - I assume most sellers stick to a "first come/pay, first serve" policy, which is probably not something you want to encourage deviation from.

So then a seller is dis-incentivized from selling to buyers who wish to remain anonymous, because that reduces the chances of getting positive feedback. In turn, buyers are dis-incentivized from anonymity, to increase their chances of getting an item.

I don't think that's something you want to encourage - I assume most sellers stick to a "first come/pay, first serve" policy, which is probably not something you want to encourage deviation from.

im encouraging full disclosure .. wether or not you trade feedback should not be as important as a smooth transaction wether you're selling or buying an item.without disclosure its very easy to abuse the feedback forum . i know when i see an ebay auction that has a private feedback i have my reservations in dealing with them. look at the feedback thread ... i don't think many freaks here will be disincentivized if they really want something .

Sorry to break the thread, but being a noob who JUST finished his first transaction here, I got a HT DX02 Batman from a fellow freak. Received the item today in India. I immediately left him Feedback at his profile and a +1 here with the details. The item was expensive and I paid promptly. I have send him PMs and a mail to request him to give me a +1 for payment so that members can trust me a bit more for my future transactions (my WTB threads used to go unanswered as I live in India and no one wants to ship there :dunno )

So he has already got feedback, and I realised he has never left feedback as a buyer/seller to anyone so unless he chooses will I never get one positive feedback?

You will get a positive if/when they leave it for you.
It may well be that he would leave feedback after you have left yours and as you only just received the item, I would suggest a little patience.

We cannot unfortunately force people to leave feedback, it is mentioned as a guideline but not something we can control. Hopefully the seller will leave FB for you in due course, if not I'm sure it will build up as and when you have anymore transactions.
x :peace

Oh K! As you can see he left me feedback on my iTrader thingy however he hasnt done so in the feedback thread. So will my name still be added to the list on the first post? Or will he have to give a +1 on the thread for my name to be added there?

Oh K! As you can see he left me feedback on my iTrader thingy however he hasnt done so in the feedback thread. So will my name still be added to the list on the first post? Or will he have to give a +1 on the thread for my name to be added there?
Ah I see, so it's not that the FB hasn't been added at all, it was just added to the itrader and not the FB thread.
If the +1 has been added on the itrader then it should not be added to the Feedback thread too. It's either one or the other as they are seperate forms of Feedback but both count towards your FB score, the iTrader doesn't always work so I personally prefer the thread, but that's just me.
So if your seller has left you FB on the iTrader then no, it will not be added to the thread aswell.

Your name (user ID) will only be added to the Feedback thread when someone leaves you feedback in that thread ( and not for a transaction that you have already had FB for).
So, you will have to have a another transaction now for someone to leave you more Feedback. If you prefer it to be in the FB thread (as I do) then you can just tell the other person you are working with that you would like FB to be added to that thread instead of the itrader (that's if it is working at the time anyway:lol).
Hope this helps.
Shell
x :duff

Woah! Ok, however I left him feedback at the itrader thing AS WELL as the +1 on this thread! So you guys should check into it maybe... and thats for being so patient with all my hassling :)

Woah! Ok, however I left him feedback at the itrader thing AS WELL as the +1 on this thread! So you guys should check into it maybe... and thats for being so patient with all my hassling :)
Oki Doki, and it's no hassle at all.
I'll look into it and find the feedback left for darthkry in the FB thread, the next time it is updated :duff
x :wave

Thanks Adoptedscot

However I had a question, which feedback is more reliable? the thread one or the one that shows up below my profile pic? If its the thread one can you do the same thing for me? As in delete the iTrader thing and add it on the feedback thread? With the talk of itrader not working and all I dont understand about how its unreliable... Thanks
:wave

Thanks Adoptedscot

However I had a question, which feedback is more reliable? the thread one or the one that shows up below my profile pic? If its the thread one can you do the same thing for me? As in delete the iTrader thing and add it on the feedback thread? With the talk of itrader not working and all I dont understand about how its unreliable... Thanks
:wave
Mornin axe :wave

The most reliable is definately the Feedback thread. The itrader (the one in your profile) only works intermittently whereas the Feedback thread gets updated by Jen and myself twice a week so it is always done manually and kept well up to date.

As for transfering yours over, we can't really do that since they are seperate things and since Darthkry has not left you feedback in the FB thread, there is nothing to update it with.
You leaving feedback was different as you had posted in both his Feedback on the thread AND the iTrader so I just deleted one of the FB's, in this case the one on iTader, but he still had feedback left from you in the FB thread then.

However, I can message DK to see if he is willing to make a post in the Feedback thread about your transaction to leave feedback there and I can then delete the feedback in your iTrader, if that's what you prefer? and if I can get DK to do that.

Let me know and I will give it a try for you.

Hey Scot!

That would be great :) Sure you can do that
Thanks so much really! :wave

Okay axe, all done :hi5:.

DK has kindly responded to my pm and added feedback for you in the FB thread.
So, as per your request I have deleted the FB which was left on your iTrader profile for that transaction and the FB will be added to the FB thread when I update it tomorrow.

Please see this thread/post for more information:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3402679#post3402679

Take care.
Shell

Edited this post as Im undergoing negotiations with my seller to redress an unfortunate situation that has arised. Thank You mods for your help :)

Last edited:
Back