Euro 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingBull

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Euro 2012 football tournament kicked off today. Will you you be following the tournament & if yes which country will you be supporting? Will be fun hearing fellow Freaks views :)

I hope either Portugal or France win. And I hope Italy loses miserably.

But in regards of who is likely to win it: Spain, Germany, France, and England.

Was watching the Poland, Greece game today. My wife was a bit torn between teams as one of her grandfathers is Greek while her other one is Polish. I guess she got the best result with the game ending a draw. In the other game I've got to give credit to the Russia, they looked impressive today beating the Czechs 4-1, if only Arshavin would play like that for Arsenal. I fancy them as the dark horse of the tournament. My money's still on Spain to win it though, there squad is just sheer class.

Ha I wished England your definitely right about Spain, Germany & France though.

spain-flag-waving-emoticon-animated%5B1%5D.gif

Ha I wished England your definitely right about Spain, Germany & France though.

England and Spain.

Russia looked amazing this afternoon...they should win the group.

Haha! No! No England. We'll never here the end of Cameron's smugness if it does happen.

The Euro 2012 football tournament kicked off today. Will you you be following the tournament & if yes which country will you be supporting? Will be fun hearing fellow Freaks views :)

Lol....I was going to start this thread too. I love the big soccer tournaments.

The favorites are the usual suspects....Spain, Germany and the Netherlands.

England has too many injuries plus Rooney is suspended for the first two matches. They'll have a difficult time getting out of their group.

My darkhorse team is Russia. I'm rooting for them since Turkey didn't even qualify.

Now onto the matches from today. Russia crushed the Czechs. :yess: Love watching the "Little General" - Andrey Arshavin do his magic. And Alan Dzagoev is a 21 year-old star in the making.

Greece/Poland matchup was entertaining. Too bad the ref got in the way though. Terrible calls to put Greece down one man. That offside call on the second Greece goal was shaky too. :(

Tomorrow is the "Group of Death" matches. Netherlands/Denmark and Germany/Portugal. Should be fun!

Last edited:
forza Italia, the Socceroos are my no. 1, but will be going for my heritage team in the EURO's :gun gonna be a tough game against the WC holders Spain on monday night

I am a Greece supporter but i dont see us qualify group stage if referees can change the final result like that and if Russia gets same performance with us as with Czechs. Everyone knows Spain has the best roster but i just dont want to see any european team to become "barca" of euro and winning every title. This time i want to see Oranje winning as i think they truly diserve it.

^^
I don't mind Spain winning it because they play the best football but the ref for the Greece game was a joke. Really looking forward to the games today, every team plays attacking football.

We need to get behind Roy but im worried if we go a goal or 2 down.
Roy will make England organised and tight but I dont see alot of goals in the side.
The dutch have to win a major tournament soon and I feel they may do it this time round.
Qualified really well with a strong side.
Germany and spain will be there or there abouts

I am a Greece supporter but i dont see us qualify group stage if referees can change the final result like that and if Russia gets same performance with us as with Czechs. e it.

Despite the refs, at least you managed an important point against Poland. Your team played well in the second half. Russia is the class of your group but I think you have an excellent chance to advance into the next stage. :wink1:

Germany played well tonight. Dissapointed in Portugal though, with all that attacking power why play so negative? It was only when they went a goal down they really started to attack & that's when the Germans started to struggle with them. Pressures on the Dutch now though big time, lose against the Germans & there out.

Back