EU Poll Up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: KIR KANOS _ YES

Put my vote in...........too cool a character for just the clone wars maquette

padme

looks like pamde may be an early front-runner.

i would of thought she'd have no chance, but based on the posts at rebel scum, she has more of a chance than i thought.

i'm now thinking she is a real possiblity, as the other 5 will probably split the vote.

Re: padme

Looks more like Kanos right now.
I may have to throw in for Vos....I think Kanos is going to be fine!

I have to admit that Kir Kanos was the only one that I had never heard of before, but I ended up voting for him because I think his costume would look the best.

I voted for Pedro, I mean Padme. Looks like she will be the winner as a good guess.

Mike
:ted

I appreciate Padme' fans....that's cool. But there is no way she is winning this poll.

There are too many opportunities for her to be released in other garb....Most of these other characters have one shot and this is it!

And Kanos is just the talk of the boards that I frequent...I still think I'm going for Vos, but Kanos would proably look the best....Human features are better in Poly!

Has Sideshow stated that this will be their ONLY 12" figure from the EU? Or is this just to decide the first one? It would be anticlimactic for a character to lose the poll and just get released later anyway...

Oh, I am sure they'll release more of these...This is for the first one, I think...If this poll gets out of control and say Kanos gets 7,000 votes and Mara gets 6,500....She'll get made too.

i'm not into EU, so how is kanos different from a regular emperor's royal guard?

what boards do you visit that he's so popular on?

This board for one....But he is just an elite of the elite and they all are bad asses under that red cloak....
He was picked out in the Crimson Empire as an exceptional guard.

I forget...was Kir the one who killed the Clone Emperor...or the one hunting down the guy who killed the Clone Emperor...or am I completely off-base? :lol

Kir Kanos got no love on this poll, but he seems to be popular now...I think people are projecting what these will look like as a 12"er and his armor is so cool. Human faces don't come off as nice.
My boy Vos is up there though.

Sideshow 12" Poll from Rebelscumm

that rebelscum poll is a good indication of what i think will happen. but the variable is that clone wars padme wasn't an option.

i think the other 5 will cancel each other out and padme will squeak by to win.......don't under estimate fanboy love for natalie portman. :)

if kir kanos wears regular red guard armor, what is his appeal?
if they're all like that, i'm sure we'll eventually get an emperor's royal guard as a regular release.

If SSC's poll mirrors that one then it looks like our boy Kir doesn't have much of a chance. I don't know the character, but Mara Jade seems the least visually appealing of all those depicted.

No, no...Just because we find out that all the Royal Guards have some power under the hood doesn't mean we would get that in figure form! NONE of the previous incarnations of a Royal Guard have had what they have on in the Crimson Empire comics!
Kir 's was pretty much always showing too...I don't recaql him ever wearing his cloak down over his armor.

Portman looks better in cartoon form that real life anyway...I'd rather have a figure of Mara if we are going to pick a female. Nothing to really compare her too so they can kind of take artistic license and give us a really hot red head with a bad ass lightsaber!

who'd you vote for dave?

just a quick tally of folks who announced their votes at rebelscum and the sideshow forum.......

kir kanos....10

quinlin vos...6

padme....9

asaaj ventress...7

mara jade....4

thrawn.....1

kir_kanos_100x100.gif

But Ventress would be my 2nd choice.

I may be wrong on the specifics because it's been a while since I've looked at the comic.
Kir Kanos has a slightly different helmet in the books then the regular Royal guard. the helmet doesn't have the neck portion of the regular version so he has more neck movement. He also has a different type of Force Pike last I looked. it's a double bladed Pike, it also predates the double bladed Darth Maul type of weapon, so the idea could've been inspired by Kir Kanos' Force Pike.
The outfit he wears underneath is different then was originally depicted in ROTJ. But that has more to do with the original Kenner 3 3/4" toys because it was never revealed what was underneath. However in ROTS, the Royal Guards (both Red and Blue) sport a very similar type of armor body suit Kir Kanos wears. so it must be the standard armor. And might I add it looks awesome on the ROTS 3 3/4 Guard figures!

If kir kanos is chosen, well actually for the entire SW 1/6 line I hope they allow you to buy at least two.

Back