EU Poll Up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: padme

Hadn't thought about multiples, but there will probably be a generic royal guard eventually. But can you imagine being limited to just one Stormtrooper? That's going to be a problem I think.

I would really want two kir kanos when he is made, he would just look to awesome not to have two him on display.

This is fantastic to get to vote! I voted for Padme, whether cartoony or not I think it will be great. Can't wait to see these made.

I have to admit....I am stunned at the amount of votes for Padme. I was a little ticked that they had her on the ballot to begin with...
She will undoubtedly get made in one of her film incarnations anyway, so therefore the chracters will at least have representation in 12" form.
The rest of these have but one shot at this and that is most likely IT!!!

I wish SS would post a poll result somewhere that is updated like the polls on most forums...EVERY TIME SOMEONE VOTES!!!

So we can se who is leading...I am waiting to vote so o can spend it wisely.
I was going to vote for VOs, but if Padme is leading and Kanos is right behind her, I am throwing in for Kanos!!!

I first thought that Padme was some in-joke entry from Sideshow. I can't believe that she's actually doing well!!! :google

I was hoping to see the Dark Empire Luke offered in this first round since it was one of the first EU images that really stuck with me... and that I've seen a ton of 12" custom versions of him over the years. All pretty bad. Oh well, maybe next time.

Instead, I voted for VOS!!! :ar

I was also surprised how long the poll runs for... November 11th!!! :thud

I understand why they don't have a constantly updating poll. They want to make a big splash with announcing the winner. If we could see the results then it would be a foregone conclusion and the announcement would be anti-climatic.

I don't know that Padme is truly doing that well, although people that aren't at all familiar with the EU may be voting for her as the only recognizable character.

Snow Bunny Padme is getting a lot of votes because there are a lot of people who irrationally despise the EU. They only want figures from the movies.
If you ask me I think it was a mistake putting Snow Bunny Padme on the list before she was made in the regular figures. Even though I would like that version eventually, I want a very distinctive character from the EU not one that is both EU and movie universe.

By the way, there is a link to the Vote at the top of this forum, use that link to support the Sideshow Freaks Board.

Yeah, but like I said...I will wait...I don't want to waste my vote.
I REALLY do NOT want Padme...and if I vote for Vos and he is in the bottom of the barrel and Kanos is in second...and close, i would want my vote to REALLY count towards the end of the poll!
I would much rather have Kanos or Vos or ANY of the others...I absolutley will buy any of these BUT Padme!

Anybody want to guess who I voted for? :D

I don't have a clue who he is (only know Ventress and Padme from the Clone Wars cartoons), but a Royal Guard is a Royal Guard. I bet we get some regular ones quickly even if he doesn't win. They would obviously sell well.

Edit: I just noticed the choices are 3 PT and 3 OT characters. It seems Sideshow will be making figures from both sagas and not just focusing on the OT first.

I think Sideshow should do a poll for Buffy and X-Files. Let us vote for a monster of the week figure or something like that.

I think if you look at the demand for a snow bunny padme Hasbro figure (read columns like the Q&A at Galactichunter) and check the price of the maquette on ebay, it'll become pretty clear why snow bunny padme in in the poll. She *is* EU in my opinion, and she belongs in the poll.

I didn't vote for her, but I understand why she's there.

A question: can anyone direct me back to the "I voted for buttons" and especially direct me to some of the smaller versions you all seem to be using?

Thanks,

Rob

I just went back into the email they sent after I voted that said "Make your vote count" and just clicked on the link in there and followed the instructions. I just saved it to my computer and then went to imageshack to host it and what you see is the final result. Hope that helps.

She *is* EU ? What is that supposed to mean?

Expanded Universe stuff was around long before any of us met Padme Amidala.
I don't get this attraction. Good, solid character....are there that many randy Star Wars fans that have become jaded with Slave Leia? Snow Bunny Padme? Whatever....With the dozens and dozens of EU Characters out there... :rolleyes :fart :poke

I'm not a fan of her being included either, but where do you draw the line? Is Dark Emperor Luke not a viable EU character? Clone Wars armored Obi-Wan?

But I doubt she'll win as most people will realize we'll get a Padme eventually anyway.

Oh no, I was only commenting on the fact that he stated She WAS (*is*) EU....

I say make lots of EU characters! Go foer it! I actually love most of them! But to say something like Padme *is* EU...is just.... :poke

the price of the maquette on ebay

Having the lowest edition number of all the Clone Wars maquettes also doesn't hurt Snow Bunny Padme's secondary market price. ;)

Why do I say snow bunny padme *is* EU?

Because that outfit doesn't appear in a full-length feature film, and I believe that everything outside of the movies is EU.

To me, she's just as EU as Chewie as Snoova.

Side note-- thanks for the info on the icons.

Gotcha....No one was saying the outfit wasn't/isnt EU....

Your post smelled like you were saying that the Padme *is* EU in the sense the she was the BEST one on there and the others were less then her. *is* and in 'IS'.....You know....One and Only! Quintessential!

Of course that version of Padme is from an Expanded Universe of Star Wars. That wasn't the debate. I believe the sentiment is that Padme exists in the boundries of the films....Directly visible to the audience. Unlike all the others....Even though Vos is mentioned, he is never seen on screen. Padme is and that is why I thought she should not be on the first poll for an EU character because she will undoubtably be made in various garb and incarnations...they could sell a 'Bunny Suit' if they didn't make a full version of that EU incarnation.

The other have basicaly on shot at this.

About the I voted for avatars, you don't have to host it from another web site, I've used Sideshow to directly host it, all you have to do is right click on the avatar on the Sideshow avatar page and click properties then save the image's URL to the clip board. Then go to your Control Center at Ezboard and put the URL in My Photo. You can also do the same on the avatars on Ezboard if you see someone using one you voted for, just use the same URL.

Sidenote-- looks like the snow bunny is getting trounced. The leader is who I figured it would be, although I don't think anyone here voted for her.

Back