Escape From New York Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be fine with Jackman.

And Carpenter being EP means jack. Didn't help The Fog any. :lol

He said he had zero influence on the film, it was more or less an honorific credit and so they could use his score if they wanted.

If Jackman it is then i'm not unhappy with that, but who is there that iconic to replace Isaac Hayes as the Duke of New York, the A number one??? I can see them just going for the obvious choice of SLJ.

He said he had zero influence on the film, it was more or less an honorific credit and so they could use his score if they wanted.

If Jackman it is then i'm not unhappy with that, but who is there that iconic to replace Isaac Hayes as the Duke of New York, the A number one??? I can see them just going for the obvious choice of SLJ.

I'd prefer Idris Elba to that hack.

If it's different, it's different. But you make it sound you're totally against making him look the same. You know what we need, Batman without ears on the cowl...

Carpenter is involved, so I assume he's going to make the character look pretty similar to the original.

He probably will, but I'm not against the character appearing different.

I understand where your coming from, you have a great love for the original and really, I think you would only be truly happy if it were Kurt Russel again.

I honestly don't care what he looks like, but since it will be a different actor I think they are better off giving him a different look, because Russel is so identified with Snake's look from Escape. If they try to make him look identical, I'm afraid we would end up with Chris Hemsworth as Snake.

I'd be fine with him not having long hair, that was an eighties thing but the eyepatch and Snake Tattoo are a must

He probably will, but I'm not against the character appearing different.

I understand where your coming from, you have a great love for the original and really, I think you would only be truly happy if it were Kurt Russel again.

I honestly don't care what he looks like, but since it will be a different actor I think they are better off giving him a different look, because Russel is so identified with Snake's look from Escape. If they try to make him look identical, I'm afraid we would end up with Chris Hemsworth as Snake.

He can look different, but I think my problem would be is that it will look weird, with him being a chrome dome with an eye patch. I think what I'm trying to say is, if he will look different... how the hell do they approach it, without him look distractingly different?

I mean his unkempt hair, eyepatch, and pessimistic attitude make up the character for who he is. I think I'll be displeased no matter how it goes.

He can look different, but I think my problem would be is that it will look weird, with him being a chrome dome with an eye patch. I think what I'm trying to say is, if he will look different... how the hell do they approach it, without him look distractingly different?

I mean his unkempt hair, eyepatch, and pessimistic attitude make up the character for who he is. I think I'll be displeased no matter how it goes.

Don't worry, if he does look different, we'll give you an adjustment period. ;)

Don't worry, if he does look different, we'll give you an adjustment period. ;)

I guess I can get over the appearance, as long as they don't stick an actor in the slot that I despise. The short list of the considered actors were all misses for me.

As with any movie nowadays, I'm sure the studio has plans for several of these, if the first one makes money. So in reality it will probably be some young actor who can carry the franchise for years to come, so that more than likely excludes Jackman, especially considering his obligations as Wolverine making scheduling difficult.

It will probably end up being Taylor Kitsch or someone like that.

I guess when Cronenberg remade The Fly, he should have just had Goldblum wearing a fly head.
Comparing something very-very old and extremely dated to something that holds up perfectly fine even after almost 30 years is one of the dumbest justifications for any changes.

If he will look different... how the hell do they approach it, without him look distractingly different?
They wouldn't.
You forgot that we live in a world of racial controversy, meaningless plots and tasteless visuals.
Modern Plisskin should be young, black and bold. And Duke's gonna be middle-aged little skinny caucasian with Afro.

I mean his unkempt hair, eyepatch, and pessimistic attitude make up the character for who he is.
Which made sense back there, just like the rest of the movie. It was relevant.

So the real questions are:
1) on what context this "remake" is based?
2) does it justifies the "Escape from NY" title?

Comparing something very-very old and extremely dated to something that holds up perfectly fine even after almost 30 years is one of the dumbest justifications for any changes.

They wouldn't.
You forgot that we live in a world of racial controversy, meaningless plots and tasteless visuals.
Modern Plisskin should be young, black and bold. And Duke's gonna be middle-aged little skinny caucasian with Afro.

Which made sense back there, just like the rest of the movie. It was relevant.

So the real questions are:
1) on what context this "remake" is based?
2) does it justifies the "Escape from NY" title?

You're scaring me :lol

It does feel out of character in this day and age to be a chaotic prison.

It made just as much sense as the Robocop comparison. When The Fly was remade, the original was about as old as EFNY is now. I watched EFNY the other day, it was on AMC, and I'd hate to tell you, but it's pretty dated as well. Doesn't mean it's not good, but it shows it's age.

And, if you read the posts, you'd see that the justification for the character look being changed isn't based on whether or not it's dated, it's based on it being too associated with Russel. Since they have a new actor, my feeling is he shouldn't be trying to do about Russel impersonation, but should be trying to make it his own.

But what do I care what you think anyway.

No one can replace Kurt Russell, but here are my top choices

Timothy Oyphant

cogWc3f.jpg

Anson Maunt from Hell on Wheels.

VNw8v5a.jpg

They might be too old, both in their 40's so here's my young choices

Emile Hirsch

T6ceAIj.png

or

The Thor guy :lol

JC said a while back that Snake was purely American and he couldn't see anyone else playing the part, if Jackman or another Australian gets it we know JC has no say on the film.

Russell said that too. I would prefer an all American actor honestly, but that's an unreasonable request in this day and age.

Back