EPIII Darth Sidious or EPVI Emperor Palpatine for 1/4 PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EPIII Sidious or EPIV Emperor for 1/4 PF?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd like to see him with lightsaber in hand. While a vs. Yoda would be tempting, I'd like to see him in red, before his face was melted by Mace.

In the 12" line I'm sure we'll get both Palpatine and an Emperor and maybe even Sidious. But I think only one version of the Emperor is needed in the PF line - either at end of RotS or RotJ.

I'd flip for a PF episode 6 Emperor. My favorite pose would be the one where he's zapping Luke. That would be cool to see the PF with force lightning, and with that evil look in his face during that scene.

I definately agree that any PT incarnation of Palpatine should be saved for the 12" figures. It would make complete sense since most of the other 12" SW figures are from the PT. I think the OT figures are great, but I think some folks would go for the PT version of their favorite characters, afterall this new generation of SW fans were more familiar with the PT than the OT, not to mention the disillusioned fans who were taken aback by the PT. But the devoted fans love both. In the case of Palpatine I've got to see the PT and OT versions.

Bring on the PF Emperor, but I've got to see a 12" Palpatine pre-deformed with the red chancellor outfit (or red office robes). With Kit, Mace, Anakin, and Maul (if they add Sidious' black outfit the switch with the red outfit, which makes the TPM, AOTC, and early ROTS Sidious, which can also go great with Dooku - should he ever be made) to go with, how can they not make it that way.

ROTJ Emperor all the way. Maybe as a new inclusive figure with the extra accessory pack being his throne room chair.

For PF, I think the most visually interesting would be in his red coronation robes when he announces the birht of his Empire. In 12", I'd get any damned version they care to make, although I'd really dig an ROTJ with chair. That chair is a MUST.

That would be great if they set him up in his "birth of the empire" outfit. The center podium (or just the section of it where palpatine stands) would be a great accessory, and would help to make a VS. Yoda diorama. If they ever make a "Galactic Senate" line chances are they'll make Mas Amedda and Sly Moore who'll go great by his side in the podium.

Customikey said:
For PF, I think the most visually interesting would be in his red coronation robes when he announces the birht of his Empire. In 12", I'd get any damned version they care to make, although I'd really dig an ROTJ with chair. That chair is a MUST.

That's a great idea. The only costume of Palpatine that I really like in ROTS is the red Senate coronation robes!

HappyEmpireDay.jpg

gdb said:
I'd like to see him with lightsaber in hand. While a vs. Yoda would be tempting, I'd like to see him in red, before his face was melted by Mace.

I agree with gdb, would be cool sideshow will produce a chancellor palpatine with his lightsaber during the fight with mace...but as first PF Palpatine Sideshow will surely produce an emperor version... so EpIII with brown robe and lightsaber or EpVI version with cane or with :emperor

Even though some of us were hoping for a PF Palpatine, it's kinda good it was Boba Fett, so now we can expect a more affordable 12" version (I swore I heard somewhere that if sideshow makes a PF of a character, then there is a very small chance that it'll be made as a 12" figure however Obi-Wan is an exception). I loved seeing Chancellor Palpatine in action, and I loved that look of him wearing the black robe over the red outfit. I think the "normal" looking chancellor looks just as creepy as the emperor (usually its the icy stares that are creepy part of the chancellor), so I think its imperative that the SS figure has a normal face.

chancellor_palpatine.jpg

movie3_sm.jpg

SSC made a PF Obi-Wan but can you imagine them NOT making a 1/6 ANH Obi-Wan? I can't. :cool:

I believe what SSC is doing is if a character is produced in PF not to expect a 1/6 version (and vice versa) for a while after it has shipped.

Back