Ep 2 Phase 1 Clone bodysuit discolouration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both these figures obi wan and clone and dont have any signs of red or discolor on either ...I will let know if changes ,sorry to hear about this topic ...i wonder did you buy these figs direct from sideshow or 2nd hand ?

I have both these figures obi wan and clone and dont have any signs of red or discolor on either ...I will let know if changes ,sorry to hear about this topic ...i wonder did you buy these figs direct from sideshow or 2nd hand ?

I also have no signs of discoloration on my Phase I White Armor , Cloneobie , Shock Trooper , Utapau Clone and Corascaunt Clone on my loose or MISB collections.

Has anyone heard anything this week? My email has gone ignored.

My email has been ignored as well, I guess there position is "We offered our customers a replacement and they got mad at us." What they offered us is Junk and assumed that we would be happy. I too have a lot of products on PO, some I can pass on very easily, thanks for getting our hopes up Sideshow and letting us down.

I haven't heard back either. I'm hoping they are trying to sort things out on their end and have yet to get back to us on it. Patiently waiting. :pray:

Both of my Clones were bought from retailers.

I also have no signs of discoloration on my Phase I White Armor , Cloneobie , Shock Trooper , Utapau Clone and Corascaunt Clone on my loose or MISB collections.

What figures other than Phase 1 Clone are using the vinyl suit and have any of them had reported problems?

Only seems to be an issue with the phase 1 trooper. Noticed this post from Brinn after I had ordered mine. I checked it as soon as it arrived and it had the issue. It can happen anywhere on the suit and might not be spotted easily under the armor. As mentioned in previous posts the suit seems to be breaking down and produces a red dust.
My advice is to have a really good look again ( take off leg and arm armor and use a cotton swab under the chest). Would hate for you to discover this later!

IMHO... This has nothing whatsoever to do with who it was purchased from ( retail or direct from SSC ). If you got in late on this guy you don't really have a choice anyway!!! It was produced and sold by Sideshow and those of us that have the issue have been working for months to get this resolved by them. To be clear, this isn't some lame scheme to get SS to give us new fabric suits! Many of us have declined their offer of an original suit because we have no faith in the quality. In addition the proposed shipping charges were insulting!!! Sorry, just needed to be said for anyone who came in late.

IMHO... This has nothing whatsoever to do with who it was purchased from ( retail or direct from SSC ). If you got in late on this guy you don't really have a choice anyway!!! It was produced and sold by Sideshow and those of us that have the issue have been working for months to get this resolved by them. To be clear, this isn't some lame scheme to get SS to give us new fabric suits! Many of us have declined their offer of an original suit because we have no faith in the quality. In addition the proposed shipping charges were insulting!!! Sorry, just needed to be said for anyone who came in late.

:exactly::goodpost::exactly::goodpost::exactly:

Exactly! Well put sir. :lecture

I just received a reply. They are only willing to send out replacement vinyl suits, and they consider that a "courtesy."

Yes, I got this from Daniel today:

Thank you for the email and I apologize for the delay. We are sorry we were unable to assist you with your inquiry for a replacement clone suit. Per our terms and conditions, any replacements or exchanges are offered within 30 days of original purchase made directly from us. The replacement that we offered you was done so as a courtesy to replace your damaged body stocking.

Please understand that we are only able to replace the damaged items with the exact piece that was reported As such, we are only able to replace the damaged vinyl suit with another of the same type. We appreciate your reporting the damage to your clone trooper and for bringing the damage to our attention. We would like to assure you that any replacement you would receive will be inspected for any evidence of this damage prior to shipping.

Again, we apologize for any disappointment this may cause you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

I did have another problem with a different figure and Daniel was very helpful. Since I already replaced all my vinyl suits with ribbed fabric, I'm not too upset about the Clone undersuits. I'm glad I could warn everyone to hurry and replace their suits before they all go funny (if they all eventually do?)

But thanks SS for trying to help us out about this. I still say they rock for customer service. How many other figure companies would have even tried?

Got the same email. Not really happy with their solution.:dunno:( These are high end toys and SSC's prizes are getting higher each day. We shouldn't have any issues at all for how much we are paying.

But thanks SS for trying to help us out about this. I still say they rock for customer service. How many other figure companies would have even tried?

I'm not sure what this means. Where putting a piece of fabric in an envelope and mailing it is concerned, there is no try. They have the option, they're electing not to do it. And it took them several months to admit it.

Maybe you're expressing an appreciation for Daniel trying? I'd understand if he did what he personally could and it was just out of his hands. But Sideshow as a company has neither tried nor rocked in this matter. And to answer your question, I've received replacement parts from Hasbro. I applaud your choice to remain positive about this, it speaks well of you. I'm just feeling a little sour that I now have to attempt to purchase a fabric body suit for the $90 clone that I never took out of the box. I suppose I'll get over it.

Yes, I understand how you'd be upset. As I stated in my postings, I already had replaced the bodysuits on my earlier clones and that is when I noticed the problem and decided to share. I didn't need SS to replace my suits, I already did myself. In a perfect world SS would have sent us new suits when they developed the newer, fabric ribbed suits, to make all our clones the same. But they didn't. Then, they could have just had an offer for anyone who had bought the older clones to buy just the new suits directly from them, but they didn't. And now we wrote them and they didn't replace our defective suits with newer, better ones. They didn't. Does that all suck? YES.

What doesn't suck was they fact that their customer service TRIED, and I do believe they did. Daniel kept in touch with us about the problem and came up with a solution. A solution we didn't like, yes, but they came up with one. Yes, there were delays, but I'm sure he had to locate stock for a product that sold around a year or so ago. Someone higher up, I'm sure, COULD have done as we wanted and had them send out fabric suits at a low cost, but they didn't. I'm sure the wait for decision time on their part was one of the delays in our correspondence.

Other companies would not have helped, in my experience. In the 90's, when my 30th GI Joe Anniversary frogman rubber suit decayed into a blobby mess, Hasbro didn't help at all. If you email or call you get the usual "We don't have any more stock for that piece" or whatever. Yes, you do get lucky sometimes, but most times you are out of luck.

With my other Sideshow problems I've had in the past their customer service was excellent. They have helped me more often than this one not, so I still applaud them. I know it would have been cool to get the new suits through them, but we didn't. As I already said, I did through Toy Anxiety. So if I can do it, so can you. GOOD LUCK!

Hello, i need your help. I want change the vinyl underwear of my clone troopers, but i can't remove the armor out.

I need a "step to step" instructions better with photos.

Heeeeelp please

Hello, i need your help. I want change the vinyl underwear of my clone troopers, but i can't remove the armor out.

I need a "step to step" instructions better with photos.

Heeeeelp please

Did you try warming the plastic armour up with a hair-dryer so that they become more flexible?

Back