Eowyn has arrived!!! (Caution: Dial Up users...))

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got mine today from ss and the paint is very good.no problems with this piece for me,number 353 in the house.my only concern is minor,the arm and shield,the arm seem to have been a seperate piece,from the shield,and the arm is a little loose ,kinda wiggly from the shield.i may contact ss to see about getting another:hat ,all in all though a well done piece imho:ent

This is a really good statue. I agree that with the picture blown up her teeth look bad. I don't notice anything wrong when I look at mine.
Ditto...
All is good and the way I have her posed with the Morgul Lord you don't see her face anyway. Nice butt too...:clap
Bill

Eowyn is in and I'm very pleased. Like the last piece in, Gothmog, I was still a bit on the fence until seeing it, but am fully satisfied with the result. The face is not distracting at all in person. Maybe the super-zoomed photos or some poor angles were the culprit, but this is fine. My wife said the same: "Oh, that's much better". Thumbs up! :clap

I'm really looking forward to KOTD though. That's one I was 100% on from the start and if it is also "better than expected", that will really be something to cheer about. :ar

My Eowyn arrived today. #'d 948/7,500 I really like this piece. I was worried about the teeth, but, it's fine.

Great piece, love the shield, the Helm on the base, and her cloak.

Definitely a "keeper". :rock

Thanks Bob at Fireside. :bow

Yup, got mine today too! Big thanks to the Godfather!!

Eowyn is GREAT! The way I hae her set up is so that you see her in all her glory, and the ML facing her. When you have it arranged the other way, there really is nothing to see and it is a real shame.. however, the back of the ML is really impressive and you don't miss the essence, or much of the physical look of the character at all!

Very cool statue! Perhaps one day these guys will be on a pedestarl, but for now.. it looks good!

I actually have them displayed separately right now.

Had them together, like you said your's are, but I don't like to have the ML back facing out, I like it the other way so I can see his mace in it's glory.

I tried it that way with Eowyn and I didn't like that, because I couldn't see her face and shield.

I might play around with it some more later on, right now I will keep them separate.

It really is a great piece thou, I really like it.

I am actually not that happy with mine...With all the waiting on this one it did not come through the way I had hoped.

It shifts around on its base and the damn sword! How hard are you supposed to push that stupid thing into her hand without breaking it?...it is so flimsy! >:
Also, it doesn't line up with the pommel and bottom part of the handle! :bang :puke

Agent... I tried them seperately but just didn't think it worked.... possibly because I think she looked more "squeezed in" than anything else... so maybe when I have more room I will reconsider... for now, I'll keep them the way they are (despite the fact that you DO lose the glory of the mace... SIGH)

Sir Tristan... that sucks man! My Eowyn slid right into her post and seemed to be pretty fairly planted. The Sword slid in equally easily. Really had no problems with tihs piece at all when it came to assembly. I think the important thing with the sword it to line up the blade in accordance with the handle.... sorry for your trouble bud!

Sir Tristram - Are you certain you weren't putting the sword in her hand upside down . The sword actually has a little groove on only one side of the hilt . You will notice a small circle on it . When the sword is placed in her hand the grove should face downward . If you put it in the opposite direction , it would have to be forced in , and that may be the problem . As for the peg problem it sounds like a couple of you may have received statues with defects . You may want to think about returning them . The one I got fits perfect and does not wobble .

As for the many complaints about the teeth , one would have to be looking at her mouth with a magnifying glass in order to notice anything . I was concerned about the teeth at first when I saw the magnified pictures , but I now have this statue , and it is not noticeable at all , even when viewed by the naked eye up very close .

I personally think that the likeness is very accurate when viewed in person . Lighting can play a huge part in how these things look . Just like the Gothmog and Warg statue , I had my doubts at first , but now both of these pieces are among my favorites . This is a Hell of a companion piece for anyone that owns the Morgul Lord , and a great piece in its own right for those that do not .

Just had to add another post....

I am SO happy with this piece! The detail, paint, sculpt and pose is among the best i've seen. I was really looking at everything and I honestly don't see a single flaw. Like many have noted, the teeth in person look 100% normal. The Chain Mail, flow of her cape, paint job... everything thing is top notch! I am actually really pleased with my set-up too. You really don't loose as much of the ML as I thought and the pairing of the two is just TOO COOL to pass up!

If you don't have this piece, i strongly suggest it! I knwo a lot of people were going back and forth about this and Gothmog, but both these pieces have been simply spectacularly done and I couldn't imagine my collection without them!

Back