ENTERBAY x Kotobukiya: Elvis Presley

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you pose it for your mom, or just give her the box? I don't imagine most moms knowing how to display a high-end action figure. :lol

Late to the game, but I decided to get this next time there is a deal or sale anywhere.

I did. I posed it and set it up for her and all.

That's very cool man. My mom came over to my house to witness the unboxing of my EB ELVIS figure. She loved it too, but Im keeping mine. :lol Plus, my mom has over a thousand Barbie dolls, so it would just get lost in her collection if I gave it to her.

Just a little info about the jacket on this figure, it stains whatever it touches. I had the head slightly turned and the figure's left cheek was slightly touching the collar and when changing the pose today, I noticed that there were 2 black stains on the cheek near the sideburn and on the chin. The stains went deep too. I had to scrape and rub (hot water and hand soap) A LOT on the stains to get them out. luckily even with how much I scraped, there were no marks left. I then proceeded to remove the jacket and the arms were stained all over. So just a word of warning, keep the the collar away from the head so you won't stain the face.

I just went and checked mine out. No staining whatsoever. Thanks for the heads up though, I will keep an eye out.

Just a little info about the jacket on this figure, it stains whatever it touches. I had the head slightly turned and the figure's left cheek was slightly touching the collar and when changing the pose today, I noticed that there were 2 black stains on the cheek near the sideburn and on the chin. The stains went deep too. I had to scrape and rub (hot water and hand soap) A LOT on the stains to get them out. luckily even with how much I scraped, there were no marks left. I then proceeded to remove the jacket and the arms were stained all over. So just a word of warning, keep the the collar away from the head so you won't stain the face.

Spoken like a true EB product :lecture

But then again, so does some HT and Medicom products. :slap

Being a big E fan I really want this but not liking the head that much. Maybe it's the eyes.

I just went and checked mine out. No staining whatsoever. Thanks for the heads up though, I will keep an eye out.
Np. I mean doesn't seem to be a big problem otherwise I think more ppl would've posted about it. Guess I just got lucky :lol

Spoken like a true EB product :lecture

But then again, so does some HT and Medicom products. :slap

:lol yea I heard EB's clothing tends to stain a lot. Medicom stains too? I've yet to own a Medi figure that has stained the body but I don't buy their stuff like I used to since their prices are even more ridiculous than HT at least on the stuff I want (MI4 Ethan Hunt I'm looking at you).

How did the chin get stained......the lapels?

yup the leather is just going to stain the soft plastic wherever it touches :( The arms were stained too.

I dunked the jacket under water and excess dye did not run out, so frankly im unsure of how to prevent this problem from happening.

What do you guys think about painting a semi gloss acrylic coat on the inside of the lapel. Do you think it would serve as a protective barrier? The leather is a synthetic plastic/pleather... i don't think the gloss coat would absorb into the fabric it might remain at the surface, but im not sure.

yup the leather is just going to stain the soft plastic wherever it touches :( The arms were stained too.

I dunked the jacket under water and excess dye did not run out, so frankly im unsure of how to prevent this problem from happening.

What do you guys think about painting a semi gloss acrylic coat on the inside of the lapel. Do you think it would serve as a protective barrier? The leather is a synthetic plastic/pleather... i don't think the gloss coat would absorb into the fabric it might remain at the surface, but im not sure.

Sorry to hear that it has happened to you too Ray :(

What I did was glue down the interior pieces of "leather" with some fabric glue (pics just show arrows on one side but I glued all the way around) then once I got him all set up, just pinched the collar down until it stayed away from the face. Doing these 2 things seem to be working to keep the collar away.

Thanks Gipetto for the tips I'll surely be doing that to mine. It sucks now that i have to be extra careful about his face touching his clothing I'm not a fan of that and it downright buts a buzz kill on this figure for me, who wants elvis standing still? that's why im wondering if there is a way to effectively set up a protective coating will keep the dye from seeping through into the plastic?

I've never seen dye do such damage to a figure before, goof off which is essentially acid did not even remove it. it's crazy.

You can try Removzit, it may work. It took off the blueing that had happened to my mego bruce figure on the head from the cowl being on.

You can try Removzit, it may work. It took off the blueing that had happened to my mego bruce figure on the head from the cowl being on.

on the arm i went so far to use a knife I ended up gouging about a mm out of it and it was still black.. it stains the plastic DEEP.

What's weird about it is i went so far to dunk the whole jacket in hot water with soap and detergent, I was expecting the water to turn black with the over dye but it was crystal clear... there is some weird chemical reaction going on here and I can't figure it out!

Back