ENTERBAY : The Dark Knight - HD 1/4 Christian Bale Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ENTERBAY - 1/4 The Dark Knight

I'll go with EB's BB and HT's TDK(R). After all, variety is the spice of life. That being said, if HT wants to impress us, they should include an actual mesh undersuit.

At 1/4, there is absolutely no excuse not to have a mesh suit

Heck HT should be working on one for TDKR 1/6 Batman but somehow I doubt they are

Void is going to rage when it's another rubber suit. :lol

The only thing I will say is I know someone with the exact mesh used in the film and there is no way to bring that down to 1/6 or even 1/4 scale because each link is put together one by one. If anything the mesh will be some sort of fabric and not accurate so there is not way to make it as accurate as the movie suit.

Fixed :monkey1 (i saw how pissed you were with the '89 Oilgate)

I got over it though.

At first I was all :panic:, but then I :lol.

Plus it ain't even leaking. It was a fabricated hoax.

Do Enterbay have a newsletter?

As to the 1/4 HT vs EB topic, the answer is obvious... Enterbay :lecture

Hot Toys have proven they can't make Batman properly in recent years, and their customers have proven they will buy them even if they are defective, so Hot Toys don't have any real motivation to fix the Oil problems, while Enterbay do have reason to perfect it... to beat Hot Toys strangle hold on the market.

Enterbay will put in more effort to make it a success rather than Hot Toys arrogant fall back onto cash cows outlook.

My prediction... Hot Toys will sell more but Enterbay will have the better product.

Last edited:

The only thing I will say is I know someone with the exact mesh used in the film and there is no way to bring that down to 1/6 or even 1/4 scale because each link is put together one by one. If anything the mesh will be some sort of fabric and not accurate so there is not way to make it as accurate as the movie suit.

Not expecting 100% accurate construction but even something resembling the mesh whether its special fabric or something else would be miles better than simple ____ty rubber

My prediction... Hot Toys will sell more but Enterbay will have the better product.

I don't know. Enterbay really raised the bar with that T-800 and got a lot of fans from that. People are clamoring that as the ultimate Arnold figure. I feel they might turn this around and come out on top when all these figures are out (specially with the Terminator stuff). They surprised us with the real leather and metal guns and I think they will do it again with new T2 figures and the Batman figures. Take that Endoskeleton for exemple. We already know that the HT version will only have certain parts made of metal. If EB goes full metal (or even just slightly more metal) is game over, they win the endo battle.

I think if EB can carry their momentum they'll do very well. Having utter "wow" with each release is a must.

There really isn't any room for error imo.

I think if EB can carry their momentum they'll do very well. Having utter "wow" with each release is a must.

You sound like a ____ing computer. :lol

I don't know. Enterbay really raised the bar with that T-800 and got a lot of fans from that. People are clamoring that as the ultimate Arnold figure. I feel they might turn this around and come out on top when all these figures are out (specially with the Terminator stuff). They surprised us with the real leather and metal guns and I think they will do it again with new T2 figures and the Batman figures. Take that Endoskeleton for exemple. We already know that the HT version will only have certain parts made of metal. If EB goes full metal (or even just slightly more metal) is game over, they win the endo battle.

Enterbay are really hitting their stride and gaining in popularity, i see things only going up for them, but Hot Toys does have a huge consumerbase plenty of which haven't seen the evolution of EB, so for the time being i see Enterbay gaining more and more customers but not enough to outsell Hot Toys just yet.

IMO people will also start to see what they are missing from Hot Toys... Costumer relations, feedback, service ect... enterbay & 3A too actually give updates on their projects often with development shots rather than leaving their customers in the dark for years at a time with not even a single one-sentence FB post

:goodpost:

You sound like a ____ing computer. :lol

0a664298.jpg

As I said, I also think that this can potentially lead to better products from HT as well. There was a time when HT was just like EB, and they made their way to the top because of their quality and products. It seems like once they made it, they started losing their edge, but I don't think that HT will just lay down and die as EB gains a following, I think that they'll fight to stay at the top, and I think that it will wind up being good for collectors as well.

As I said, I also think that this can potentially lead to better products from HT as well. There was a time when HT was just like EB, and they made their way to the top because of their quality and products. It seems like once they made it, they started losing their edge, but I don't think that HT will just lay down and die as EB gains a following, I think that they'll fight to stay at the top, and I think that it will wind up being good for collectors as well.

To do that they need to show commitment across their catalog and not just select few licenses, expand to meet projects and reduce delays, create a proper customer service dept & working website and most importantly get out of the 2.0 game and get back to making original characters they haven't done before. That's how i see it anyway.

I think there is room for both companies to exist. It doesn't have to be an either or. I don't own an enterbay figure. Based on the opinion here, EB makes a great product. And if they make a character I want, and I don't already have a version of I will get it. HT customer base is far too big to get taken down that quickly.

And I agree that its possible for EB to dethrone HT, but that would be a long road for EB to take. And I don't think there will be that many common figures made. Kinda like Mattel make DC figures and Hasbro make Marvel. Its also possible that if EB continues to make figures without problem, and HT continues to have problems with figures, that there could be a change in power. It also possible for EB to make figures with problems and HT will get a portion of those customers back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back