Enterbay: Scarface "Respect Version"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So which is it guys.. EB is a terrible company? Terrible enough that a much bigger company does all it can to squash it because it's bad or because it's good and threatening?

Anyway, I may get this later later later on. Like many of you pointed out, it's Scarface, it's probably not going to be that popular. I still got taht EB 1/4 T2 in my mind :3

IMO EB are looking better now than they ever have. They now have a greater diversity of licenses, so they're gaining a larger, broader fan-base and a single poor release - ie the GoD debacle - won't hurt them to the same extent. They've branched out into 1:4, and in this department have HT playing catch-up instead of the other way round. They're collaborating on licenses with Medicom and Kotobukiya - whatever people's opinion about the success of the former, it's still an interesting development strategy. Thanks to HT ramping up their prices over the past 12 months especially, EB's prices are now pretty much in line with them depending on where you get your products.

IMO EB are looking better now than they ever have. They now have a greater diversity of licenses, so they're gaining a larger, broader fan-base and a single poor release - ie the GoD debacle - won't hurt them to the same extent. They've branched out into 1:4, and in this department have HT playing catch-up instead of the other way round. They're collaborating on licenses with Medicom and Kotobukiya - whatever people's opinion about the success of the former, it's still an interesting development strategy. Thanks to HT ramping up their prices over the past 12 months especially, EB's prices are now pretty much in line with them depending on where you get your products.

Well said :exactly:

Plus I think they made the right decision in cancelling their previous $300-400 per Bruce Lee figure concept that comes with a diorama. As they no longer monopolize the market with Bruce Lee license now that HT got it as well.

... EB' tailoring has been consistently better quality and material than HT...

checkout the Hot Toys Jack Sparrow DX tailoring and compare it with EB's version. Ofter doing so, you may change your mind.

Last edited:
That quote is nuts. It varies, but through the past few figures they've competed on... EB definitely did not prove their tailoring was any better.

The one thing I can truly credit EB for are their sculpts (not paint). Their sculpts have great detail marred by often cheap plastic and flat paint.

checkout the Hot Toys Jack Sparrow DX tailoring and compare it with EB's version. Ofter doing so, you may change your mind.

Well it's a Medicom and an Enterbay figure, so it might have been Medicom that was responsible for the tailoring. However I think they did a very good job on that figure, I like how the clothes fit close to the body, and do not puff out. The only thing wrong with it was the price.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzdc33zc4cg[/ame]

I must point out that you will get no argument from me that the Hot Toys version is the superior one

Last edited:

Dear friend, maybe you should check which parts of the UU Sparrow were done by EB. Also remember stuff like real sheepskin leather etc etc came in an EB figure etc etc. From all the EB and HT stuff I have ownded over the last couple of years. EB doesnt cheapen out on things like metal snaps and better fabric quality. If you want to benchmark/generalise using one example it will be inaccurate in terms of the real situation.

Dear friend, maybe you should check which parts of the UU Sparrow were done by EB. Also remember stuff like real sheepskin leather etc etc came in an EB figure etc etc. From all the EB and HT stuff I have ownded over the last couple of years. EB doesnt cheapen out on things like metal snaps and better fabric quality. If you want to benchmark/generalise using one example it will be inaccurate in terms of the real situation.

sorry but I can't reach to forget the material used for the rm-x body and the dress of the godfather's figure and the same bean's shoes for the war version figure...for the rest Eb has risen up again...

One could look at HT attempt to do what enterbay is doing as destroying the competition or maybe HT is just trying to be competitive. Nothing wrong with that. It's like saying Samsung is trying to kill Apple cause they have the Galaxy tablet.

Judging by how honourable some of your guys here are, it's lucky that you guys don't run HT cause they will sink it a few months cause everyone wants to play nice.

Business is ruthless. Plain and simple.

The eyes look fine, it's just the camera quality or rather the compression of the pictures didn't look too good.

on 2nd look, the eyes on some pics looks fine..but still not a fan of it. Don't ge me wrong, I'm tempted to pick-up this bad boy and sell my BW version..still thinking though..:monkey1

on 2nd look, the eyes on some pics looks fine..but still not a fan of it. Don't ge me wrong, I'm tempted to pick-up this bad boy and sell my BW version..still thinking though..:monkey1

don't do it...

24mcb6a.jpg

sorry but I can't reach to forget the material used for the rm-x body and the dress of the godfather's figure and the same bean's shoes for the war version figure...for the rest Eb has risen up again...

btw there not the same shoes what are you talking about

LOL at EB inferior to HT in terms of paint apps on the sculpt EB's are much more natural and detailed. And EB' tailoring has been consistently better quality and material than HT.

HT's licenses are much more lucrative PLUS unlike EB who have a history of actually making 'limited edition' runs, HT produces huge amounts comparatively thus managing to so call make each unit cost 'cheaper'

However honestly EB products are much cheaper than HT on retail from source. The prices of EB items minus shipping is comparative to HT prices and sometimes marginally less

:exactly::lecture

Also :goodpost::exactly::lecture

Eb doesn't cheapen out on costumes. But this is a suited fig. How much more do you want out of it on 1.6 scale?

You guys will find anything off topic to throw in lol

And the rmx thing needs to be given a rest. They took a risk to innovate figures and it didn't pay off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

... EB' tailoring has been consistently better quality and material than HT...

My dear friend,
I'm not sure that me citing one example, is as much of a "generalization" as your claim that EB "consistently" demonstrates better quality then hot toys in terms of tailoring. I just cited one example to prove your generalization wrong. Another example is the God father figure. I don't think the EB version of God father was "consistently" better then Hot Toys version, if at all -(Infact, the reverse maybe true). Both are great figures, but it's not like EB's version blew Hot Toys version out of the water in terms of tailoring. All I'm saying is, before you accuse anyone of making "generalized" statements, read your own quotes first to make sure you're not doing the same thing...Also, please back your statements up to make a convincing argument for your case. Show me proof,(like specific figure example comparisons), where EB "consistently" beats Hot toys when they compete head to head with a figure, and I might be more inclined to follow your case. :1-1:

Last edited:
......Both are great figures, but it's not like EB's version blew Hot Toys version out of the water in terms of tailoring.
I have had both the godfather by enterbay had reaaaaally cheap suit than ht figure...in fact I have kept Ht godfather and sold the Eb one...
anyway Enterbay is family company,hot toys is a corporation so they can do better price for their product, but for the quality of the material used, we must remember entrbay has done a LOT of bruce lee's figure and some characters like 24,bean,leon ecc so little choose of suit and dress.
I think they are starting to improve in these days because Ht is the most competitive brand until now.. I think Ht toys has paid more attention for choosing material for because they have done a lot of figures and more possibilty to choose the material to use for their license...infact we can see in these days how many lincences Eb has got from now...if they don't miss this opportunity their real future starts Now...

Last edited:
Back