Enterbay Michael Jordan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will BBTS show them as in stock before shipping them out? So we should expect them shortly afterwards?

The Backboard doesn't justify the price tag, even at half $179 it's still too expensive.

Am i having the impression that folks are starting to have the habit of thinking that if something is big, it must be worth paying alot of money for it?

And I don't think Licensing is an issue, since i don't think they'll put the NBA logo on it. Even including half court of floor still ain't worth it. If you wait long enough sooner or later someone's gonna come up with a much cheaper board (minus shot clock probably).

By far the cheapest EB backboard I can find so far after my initial search online is from MOAF priced at $179...bout' $20 off compared to Clarks and $45 off the one listed at BBTS...

https://www.manofactionfigures.com/...rpiece-nba-basketball-hoop-accessory-enterbay

I agree that the the backboard is pretty pricey for what it is. It looks like something that might sell for under $100 if an NBA line didn't exist. Plus, I don't even think it's licensed.

I'm talking about the Enterbay version.

I see no fancy engineering or sculpt involved.

Some no name company probably can sell something like this for $50 in Toysrus. The Enterbay logo probably adds $100 on the price tag.

I agree that the the backboard is pretty pricey for what it is. It looks like something that might sell for under $100 if an NBA line didn't exist. Plus, I don't even think it's licensed.

I'm talking about the Enterbay version.

My shelf. Just got LBJ today:
9457276129_9b50e15b66_c.jpg

for those of you complaining about the price of the backboard, sure its $$$, but so are all the plastic accessories on Hot Toys figures, look at Robocop, a plastic CHAIR costs $125 more than just getting the base figure.

I think half the reason for this steep price is economies of scale. If they thought they could sell 5,000 of these, I am sure the price would be $125-$150. But if they think they can only sell 1,000 of them, the price is justified.

Personally I ordered 2 of them. First one through AE, price of $179 plus $14 shipping. Then after Clark Toys put theirs up, and the 10% off coupons work on it, I decided to order it along with the White Jersey Jordan, they only added $1.50 to shipping when ordering them together, so its like getting the hoop for $181.50 shipped. Now I can set up a full court with the 2 hoops, one end will have Durant vs Rose (once they come out) other will have LeBron vs MJ (unless they release some other NBA greats like Bird/Johnson).

Good for you! What you do with your money is your choice, but please don't get me started and flat out say we're complaining...we're merely voicing out our own opinions and if I want to say that the price of the backboard is a bit much then I'm entitled to say so, aren't I?

If I had posted or asked anyone in this thread to BOYCOTT or NOT PURCHASE the EB backboard due to it's high price or ridicule you for buying the backboard then yah that's a different story...

Heck, if I really want I can buy 2 or 3 or 5 of them...I buy sneakers that are worth from $300 to $1000...trust me...I gots money to spend but I do have to justify what I buy from time to time...don't mean I got the money for it, I'll just grab it...even for sneakers...I'm a sneakerhead but only have over 100 pairs of shoes...peanuts compared to the other heads...cuz I only buy the ones that I really really really like...I don't get all the ones that releases every week...

Back to the board tho...for me, I just find a backboard for that price a bit pricey...just my opinion, nothing less, nothing more...kudos on those that bought tho, and maybe in time when the sneaker releases are slow and I'm not diggin' any of the ones coming out, then maybe just maybe I'll get it...for now I can use my money towards say a Jordan 5 Fire Red release or better yet a new cw Jordan XI coming out this Christmas :wink1:

So please stop saying that were complaining...it's not nice...we're merely voicing our opinion...btw I'm happy that you can justify the price of the EB backboard and cant wait to see your setup...again good for you...

for those of you complaining about the price of the backboard, sure its $$$, but so are all the plastic accessories on Hot Toys figures, look at Robocop, a plastic CHAIR costs $125 more than just getting the base figure.

I think half the reason for this steep price is economies of scale. If they thought they could sell 5,000 of these, I am sure the price would be $125-$150. But if they think they can only sell 1,000 of them, the price is justified.

Personally I ordered 2 of them. First one through AE, price of $179 plus $14 shipping. Then after Clark Toys put theirs up, and the 10% off coupons work on it, I decided to order it along with the White Jersey Jordan, they only added $1.50 to shipping when ordering them together, so its like getting the hoop for $181.50 shipped. Now I can set up a full court with the 2 hoops, one end will have Durant vs Rose (once they come out) other will have LeBron vs MJ (unless they release some other NBA greats like Bird/Johnson).

I think the gamma XI's look like fakes with the crappy colored blue soles, glad I can skip those this year :D

Ordered a backboard just cause I think it belongs to the set, and nice to display them with. Though not sure what to do with it yet, as you can't hang these figures on the rim :(
Think I'll try and glue some fishingline to the ceiling and hang a ball near it :)

To each their own I guess...but I hear ya, there are some Js in the past that looked crappy on pics online...however a few surprised me when I saw them in person...I'll have to get a closer look once sneakernews or nickekicks releases more pics of it...I can always get the Steel Xs or the Taxis if the XIs don't come out as good as I expect them to be...

BTW, I saw a pic from this year's ACGHK displaying MJ shooting over LeBron...thinking of doing something like that....thought that was kinda neat...it too uses a fishing line I believe to show the trace of basketball shot by MJ...

I think the gamma XI's look like fakes with the crappy colored blue soles, glad I can skip those this year :D

Ordered a backboard just cause I think it belongs to the set, and nice to display them with. Though not sure what to do with it yet, as you can't hang these figures on the rim :(
Think I'll try and glue some fishingline to the ceiling and hang a ball near it :)

Back