Enterbay Michael Jordan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the NBA. Is it as good as the 80's and 90's? Hell no. But it's still a lot of fun.

The only thing I don't like is all the Super Team crap where it's obvious certain stars realize they're just not good enough to win on their own so they have to latch on to other star laden teams. You would never see Magic, Bird or Jordan pull that crap. The Mega teams are what's gonna kill the game like what's happening to baseball.

Parity is what makes the game fun imo.

I love the NBA. Is it as good as the 80's and 90's? Hell no. But it's still a lot of fun.

The only thing I don't like is all the Super Team crap where it's obvious certain stars realize they're just not good enough to win on their own so they have to latch on to other star laden teams. You would never see Magic, Bird or Jordan pull that crap. The Mega teams are what's gonna kill the game like what's happening to baseball.

Yea your right in a lot of ways. I think it will even out though, watch Wade will leave Miami and that's if James doesn't first (Cavs,lol).

Basically those of you who stopped watching the nba just are not true basketball fans but jordan junkies. Which is fine and a testimony to just how great Jordan truly was. But if you are not watching you are missing some if the best ball played in year.

Jordan was not relevant at all to my decision to stop watching. While I recognize his godlike ability, at the time it drove me nuts when the Bulls would beat the teams I did like .....I was a Jazz fan....two titles gone *sob* :D

It was the change to defensive rules to neuter defense in order to help out the influx of high school players who had never learned to really play.

This is a good article directly from NBA.com:
https://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/04/22/aldridge.defenses/

Maybe its that I always loved hard defense during my 20yrs of competitive play but a 2second google search to look for the above article reveals I'm not the only one that feels that way.

I tried watching a Cleveland LeBron James game since there was so much hype around him. I watched vs Kobe since it had a lot of hype. It just all seemed bizarre to me. Neither team played what I knew as defense. Everything was so open. There was no fear of the paint, there was no suffocation at all.

I love basketball. The NBA took away one half of the game I liked watching.

All eras are different and more power to you if you enjoy the current product. To each their own.

Last edited:

In general I agree with that, but those Lakers and Celtics teams were pretty loaded, with future hall of famers like Kareem, James Worthy, Kevin McHale, and Robert Parish. Parity didn't exist back then. And going back to the '60s you surely didn't have parity with Bill Russel and the Celtics dominating everyone.

I hate to go off topic :wink1: but has anyone guessed at how much its going to cost to amass a complete Enterbay Jordan set when all is said and done? As far as I've heard there are at least two HK exclusives, plus the Finals issue limited to 500 plus the ST out of 250 PLUS all of the regular issues?

This line just got way to pricey for my limited income. Too bad, I was really looking forward to a complete set, now I can't even be bothered to start something I can't afford to finish.

In general I agree with that, but those Lakers and Celtics teams were pretty loaded, with future hall of famers like Kareem, James Worthy, Kevin McHale, and Robert Parish. Parity didn't exist back then. And going back to the '60s you surely didn't have parity with Bill Russel and the Celtics dominating everyone.

Yes, but how did they get so loaded? Was it superstar collusion? No it was through drafting and savvy acquisitions. Kareem was there pre-Magic. Worthy, McHale drafted. No one ever heard of Parish pre-Celtics. Big difference.

I hate to go off topic :wink1: but has anyone guessed at how much its going to cost to amass a complete Enterbay Jordan set when all is said and done? As far as I've heard there are at least two HK exclusives, plus the Finals issue limited to 500 plus the ST out of 250 PLUS all of the regular issues?

This line just got way to pricey for my limited income. Too bad, I was really looking forward to a complete set, now I can't even be bothered to start something I can't afford to finish.

You don't need to buy them all to enjoy one :D

We don't even know how many are coming out yet.
All star, Dream Team, red and white in both 23 and 45....has black been mentioned yet? and black with red pinstripe? ....Space Jam ....even Wizards !

So a 'complete set' could be anywhere from $1500 to $5000

Jordan was not relevant at all to my decision to stop watching. While I recognize his godlike ability, at the time it drove me nuts when the Bulls would beat the teams I did like .....I was a Jazz fan....two titles gone *sob* :D

It was the change to defensive rules to neuter defense in order to help out the influx of high school players who had never learned to really play.

Maybe its that I always loved hard defense during my 20yrs of competitive play but a 2second google search to look for the above article reveals I'm not the only one that feels that way.

I tried watching a Cleveland LeBron James game since there was so much hype around him. I watched vs Kobe since it had a lot of hype. It just all seemed bizarre to me. Neither team played what I knew as defense. Everything was so open. There was no fear of the paint, there was no suffocation at all.

All eras are different and more power to you if you enjoy the current product. To each their own.

That artical is from 2009? Times are a changing..

Stopped watching after Jordan and followed Shaq for a while.
Got NBA.tv this year for the first time and have to say there are some good games and players...

Knicks are finally good again, so that's a plus.

You know what, to be honest, im kinda feel the same way actually.

It looks like they are planning to hit the untapped market (sneaker connoisseurs) while alienating the actual 1/6 collectors who have been purcashing their stuffs since the early days. HT's exclusive would generally mean there are at least various resources you can get their figures from.

Unlike this EB exclusive thats only available for the rest of the collectors at the mercy of HK scalpers. I just dont see the value of a figure albeit with a Jordan likeness, a jersey and shorts and a few accesories to be worth 700-800. :duh i think at that price, id much rather get the 89 batmobile.

Oh there is defense being played. Some may even say its the offense that needs some help on teams.
So you just stopped liking the Jazz? They were solid and still are a great organization.
I never understood some people who are a fan of a team then the team starts to look a little different and that "fan" abandons the team.

The biggest disappointment was the announcement of the 250 and 500 production run pieces. With the HK exclusive holding at $600ish the other two will go for at least $1000-$1500 which eliminates most people.

It would be great if it were say, akin to McFarlane sports figures in that a figure limited to those numbers would cost a premium but not in the range that these Jordans are going to fetch. Plus, alienating the North American collector fan base is a mistake. The licencing would have cost a huge amount, why not produce a number that's still somewhat 'limited' but still attainable and affordable to everyone that wants one? It certainly shuts out all but a very small percentage of completists.

Oh there is defense being played. Some may even say its the offense that needs some help on teams.
So you just stopped liking the Jazz? They were solid and still are a great organization.
I never understood some people who are a fan of a team then the team starts to look a little different and that "fan" abandons the team.

Its because most are not fans.. But crowd followers. What's the hot ticket these days? Dancing with the stars?!

Modern opinions that seem to follow from "fans".

They don't watch because of all this star alignment and players having no allegiance to teams. Which is such a cop out and shows just what people know. Truth is players these days finally do have a say and if they want to play for less money then more power to them. But outside of Miami signing 2 coveted players where else has this happened? Howard to the lakers?? Don't forget how the the mighty bulls got Rodman. That trade was one of the most one sided in league history. But it's also been done before.

Are we in a time where it's very rare to see one player play his entire career with just one team? Again done before. Jordan didn't do it. Malone.. Pippen.. Barkley.. Dr j.. Chamberlain.. Abdul Jabbar (who *****ed his way out of Milwaukee to LA) and this list goes on and on. Nothing new for the "fan". This goes for every major sport not just the nba. Gretzky anyone? The Babe?! Oh ya right those where because of greedy owners!

Myself my allegiance is to a team who lost one of those 2 coveted players. And we are playing some of the best ball of the season right now. And thanks to a big trade that was all about money we should continue to do so..

Money was, is and always will be a factor. That's why league strikes are happening every second year it seems like. But if you are a true sports fan then you are very lucky because you can just jump over to another sport until they get it all straightened out.

Like dancing with stars! A true "fans" sport.

(I have never watched the show personaly but I'm sure it's great)

And as far as D not being played... You must be just watching the Lakers games.

Last edited:
Its because most are not fans.. But crowd followers. What's the hot ticket these days? Dancing with the stars?!

Modern opinions that seem to follow from "fans".

They don't watch because of all this star alignment and players having no allegiance to teams. Which is such a cop out and shows just what people know. Truth is players these days finally do have a say and if they want to play for less money then more power to them. But outside of Miami signing 2 coveted players where else has this happened? Howard to the lakers?? Don't forget how the the mighty bulls got Rodman. That trade was one of the most one sided in league history. But it's also been done before.

Are we in a time where it's very rare to see one player play his entire career with just one team? Again done before. Jordan didn't do it. Malone.. Pippen.. Barkley.. Dr j.. Chamberlain.. Abdul Jabbar (who *****ed his way out of Milwaukee to LA) and this list goes on and on. Nothing new for the "fan". This goes for every major sport not just the nba. Gretzky anyone? The Babe?! Oh ya right those where because of greedy owners!

Myself my allegiance is to a team who lost one of those 2 coveted players. And we are playing some of the best ball of the season right now. And thanks to a big trade that was all about money we should continue to do so..

Money was, is and always will be a factor. That's why league strikes are happening every second year it seems like. But if you are a true sports fan then you are very lucky because you can just jump over to another sport until they get it all straightened out.

Like dancing with stars! A true "fans" sport.

(I have never watched the show personaly but I'm sure it's great)

And as far as D not being played... You must be just watching the Lakers games.

Well said bro, :goodpost:

Bull's fan here since before MJ and after!!

Well said bro, :goodpost:

Bull's fan here since before MJ and after!!

Life is only goin to get better for you then. What's goin to hit first.. This Jordan on your self or Rose back on your court?? The Bulls have a solid team right now but could use Rose to hold onto home court in the playoffs.

lulz at these posts. As I said, I played Basketball from the age of 4 to 23. I watched the NBA for 20 yrs. The idea that its because I'm a 'new fan that bandwagon jumps' is bizarre.

If you get something out of forever passionatley identifying with a multi-million dollar pro sports team then fair enough.
I just watched a long interview with Noel Gallagher (of Oasis) where he talked about his football (soccer) team finally winning being the greatest moment of his life, equal to his music career and the birth of his kids..... if I had 1/100 of his success I probably wouldn't be concerned about football... :D

To bring this back on topic, I hope Enterbay continues a legends line:

Kareem Abdul Jabbar would be legendary (with a 2nd 70s headsculpt so we can kitbash Game of Death!)

Larry Bird, Karl Malone, Dennis Rodman would all be must buys !

Back