Enterbay Michael Jordan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lulz at these posts. As I said, I played Basketball from the age of 4 to 23. I watched the NBA for 20 yrs. The idea that its because I'm a 'new fan that bandwagon jumps' is bizarre.

If you get something out of forever passionatley identifying with a multi-million dollar pro sports team then fair enough.
I just watched a long interview with Noel Gallagher (of Oasis) where he talked about his football (soccer) team finally winning being the greatest moment of his life, equal to his music career and the birth of his kids..... if I had 1/100 of his success I probably wouldn't be concerned about football... :D

To bring this back on topic, I hope Enterbay continues a legends line:

Kareem Abdul Jabbar would be legendary (with a 2nd 70s headsculpt so we can kitbash Game of Death!)

Larry Bird, Karl Malone, Dennis Rodman would all be must buys !

Maybe my response sounded like I was looking at you? But it was more of a blanket response to people's natural tendencies to graze..

Did you watch this interview online somewhere? I'm a Noel "fan" myself. Sports.. We are all armchair quarterbacks when it come down to it.

Life is only goin to get better for you then. What's goin to hit first.. This Jordan on your self or Rose back on your court?? The Bulls have a solid team right now but could use Rose to hold onto home court in the playoffs.

Probably Rose. Waiting on the 23 Jordan figure. Yea Da Bulls have been hanging tough without Rose, lets hope he comes back strong.

Maybe my response sounded like I was looking at you? But it was more of a blanket response to people's natural tendencies to graze..

Did you watch this interview online somewhere? I'm a Noel "fan" myself. Sports.. We are all armchair quarterbacks when it come down to it.

Noel Gallagher discusses the meaning of life :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ODcuQirKs0

I hope this thread doesn't turn into a "if you don't watch the current NBA, you're not a fan and shouldn't buy this" thread ;)

... Cough... GI Joe threads... Cough....

Any way I hope the court is a reasonable price!

When i was a little kid I saw Celtics vs. Jordan every year starting Jordan's rookie year up to about 93'. My uncle had Celts season tix and gave me the Bulls game every year because he knew I loved Jordan. Saw many Bird vs. Jordan games and Jordan scored over 40+ a few times. Bird was injured for a few of the games unfortunately. But if i remember the Celts won most of the games.

Seeing Jordan play in person was one of the best experiences I ever had seeing a professional sports game. He was truly amazing to watch. There was just an awe about him and even the crowd in Boston appreciated everything he did. They gave him standing ovations too I remember. After the game they would announce the top point scores of the game on the PA system, and when they announced Jordan over 40, the crowd would cheer. And this is in Boston.

I only wish i was alive during the Bill Russell / Bob Cousy years. Would have loved to have seen them play. My dad saw them though play a ton.

So yah, if i can get a EB Jordan, I definitely want one :) All I have of figures of him are his first Startling Lineups. LoL.

My best Jordan collectible i have is his 86 Rookie Fleer Basketball Card. Its pretty much my prized collectible. I got the entire set of 86 Fleer when they came out back in 86 when I was a little kid, my dad got it for me. I still have it and never would get rid of it :)

....so you probably would have no interest if Enterbay announced a Larry Bird figure right? :wink1:

I hope this thread doesn't turn into a "if you don't watch the current NBA, you're not a fan and shouldn't buy this" thread ;)

... Cough... GI Joe threads... Cough....

Any way I hope the court is a reasonable price!

Why would it? Jordan isn't a current player himself.

Last edited:
Yea cool story Morphosis. I live in the south subs of Chicago and got to see him about a dozen times. Funny after he retired is when I was able to get season tickets. Although I finally had the cash. lol

Yup, saw him play his last game wearing 23 in the original Boston Garden.

Wow that's awesome. never went to the old or new garden. My uncle was a big Celts fan too so he would get tickets when they would play at the old madhouse on Madison.

I admit my love for the NBA is a little less with no Jordan in it. I still root for my Bulls hard and I love DRose but nothing will ever be like it was with MJ.

I still love the game but his mark on the game will never be redone. They try with Lebron but he doesn't have the heart at times and fearlessness that MJ possed. I like Kobe now but his time is almost up aswell. I actually sat in row 4 at the Lakers vs Nets game this tuesday, what an experience. Biggest play Kobe dunked on Wallace and Humphries game changer!!!

I admit my love for the NBA is a little less with no Jordan in it. I still root for my Bulls hard and I love DRose but nothing will ever be like it was with MJ.

That's because winning championships at the rate the Bulls did in those years spoils any fan. Most of us have to endure lots of failed attempts.

If the Heat win this year, I will be in the midst of a similar run of success. I worry that I'm taking it for granted.

The NBA of the last 10 years is so much different from the NBA of Jordan's prime decade. That's why I lost interest after MJ, I liked Shaq until he went to LA seemingly more focused on his movie and rap career than ball, and I just felt like a lot of players coming in were thugs more than skilled, classy players. Guys like Jordan, Bird, Magic, Reggie Miller, Isiah Thomas, they're few and far between now, you get guys like Shaq and LeBron who are just massive and can throw their weight around to score rather than having to be cunning to out maneuver opponents to find opportunities.

I have a lot of affection for the days you are referring to Maul, but I don't agree that there aren't great skilled (even classy) players in the NBA today. Really epitomized by my former New Orleans hero Chris Paul, who is one of the most awesome players I have ever seen in terms of skill, and is as classy as they come. And I personally wouldn't include Isaiah Thomas in any conversation regarding classy players :lol There were plenty of thugs on the court back in the '80s. Remember this?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7r6vXeOfyQ[/ame]

And bigger guys always had advantages in the NBA. Bill Russell (who dominated the sport in the '60s), Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem, etc.

That's because winning championships at the rate the Bulls did in those years spoils any fan. Most of us have to endure lots of failed attempts.

If the Heat win this year, I will be in the midst of a similar run of success. I worry that I'm taking it for granted.

Sure it was nice winning. That's not why I miss MJ though to be honest. He was just so much better than everyone, the effortless way he played, etc. You can take how people feel about Lebron and multiply that by a million. There was and is nothing like watching Jordan play. I'll watch NBA classic games just simply to see the man in action again.

Just enjoy it. Don't be so in your face about winning. Basically love your team, their play, and as I said enjoy the moment. You haven't been as bad but how you acted and how some others in that thread act I just don't get. I was never like that with the Bulls in the 90's, but I didn't have to be they were that good.

The NBA of the last 10 years is so much different from the NBA of Jordan's prime decade. That's why I lost interest after MJ, I liked Shaq until he went to LA seemingly more focused on his movie and rap career than ball, and I just felt like a lot of players coming in were thugs more than skilled, classy players. Guys like Jordan, Bird, Magic, Reggie Miller, Isiah Thomas, they're few and far between now, you get guys like Shaq and LeBron who are just massive and can throw their weight around to score rather than having to be cunning to out maneuver opponents to find opportunities.

The league is totally different. I think Jordan would be even more dangerous in today's game.

I have a lot of affection for the days you are referring to Maul, but I don't agree that there aren't great skilled (even classy) players in the NBA today. Really epitomized by my former New Orleans hero Chris Paul, who is one of the most awesome players I have ever seen in terms of skill, and is as classy as they come. And I personally wouldn't include Isaiah Thomas in any conversation regarding classy players :lol There were plenty of thugs on the court back in the '80s. Remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7r6vXeOfyQ

And bigger guys always had advantages in the NBA. Bill Russell (who dominated the sport in the '60s), Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem, etc.

I agree there are more skilled guys playing today then there ever has been before. That's just natural progression. Jordan, Bird and Magic spoiled us all with out a doubt.

But James is as good as Bird or Magic ever were. No question. There will be another Jordan but he's not playing yet, may not even be born yet! When he arrives it will be obvious!

As far as player today that are great and you should watch (other than the obvious like James, Durant and so forth) kyrie irving (Cleveland is doin just fine), Ricky Rubio (he's not 100% yet), Damian Lillard, Stephen Curry. Just to name a few... There are plenty more!

This shouldn't be about yesterday vs today. Because yesterday is measured against a finished career. Hindsight's 20/20. Hell if you take Jordan and put him only any team past or present that team wins. Period. Well maybe not the bobcats? Ironic isn't it?!

Sure it was nice winning. That's not why I miss MJ though to be honest. He was just so much better than everyone, the effortless way he played, etc. You can take how people feel about Lebron and multiply that by a million. There was and is nothing like watching Jordan play. I'll watch NBA classic games just simply to see the man in action again.

Just enjoy it. Don't be so in your face about winning. Basically love your team, their play, and as I said enjoy the moment. You haven't been as bad but how you acted and how some others in that thread act I just don't get. I was never like that with the Bulls in the 90's, but I didn't have to be they were that good.

The league is totally different. I think Jordan would be even more dangerous in today's game.

You couldn't stop Jordan today. You can't hand check anymore. Good luck next time and thanks for playing!

Back