ENTERBAY: Men In Black

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is very tempting. My general rule is to stick with figures from a movie I actually like and MIB wasn't especially memorable, entertaining but not memorable. However those likenesses and perfect looking black suits...

Finally got around to opening these. Other than the annoying fact that they are slightly larger than Hot Toys 1:6, these are fantastic. The legs were a little weak but not terrible and haven't posed the arms yet because they seem to be twisted around and I haven't taken the time, but overall these are quite a bit better than feared. The TLJ headsculpt is absolutely amazing. The WS sculpt is very good but could have been tweaked a little more and should have been thinner. The paint job is outstanding, and am surprised there hasn't been more said about that. Tailoring is good. Not great but not bad. And was also glad to see that J is a little taller than K. While the TT bodies are clearly better, I couldn't see putting these on those because of the scale which would make them look bobbleheadish IMO.

So now the pendlum has swung and theyre great figs again? OH THIS BOARD! :rotfl

They never were bad figures, they only had quality issues. I got a 100 dollar refund from Enterbay to fix the issues with my figures. These are very good figures if you get perfect ones without quality issues or if you get them fixed.

While the TT bodies are clearly better, I couldn't see putting these on those because of the scale which would make them look bobbleheadish IMO.
They look just fine on TT bodies. As a matter of fact I think they look better on TT bodies, they sit more natural on the shoulders & neck.

DSCN0226-1.jpg

Finally got around to opening these. Other than the annoying fact that they are slightly larger than Hot Toys 1:6, these are fantastic. The legs were a little weak but not terrible and haven't posed the arms yet because they seem to be twisted around and I haven't taken the time, but overall these are quite a bit better than feared. The TLJ headsculpt is absolutely amazing. The WS sculpt is very good but could have been tweaked a little more and should have been thinner. The paint job is outstanding, and am surprised there hasn't been more said about that. Tailoring is good. Not great but not bad. And was also glad to see that J is a little taller than K. While the TT bodies are clearly better, I couldn't see putting these on those because of the scale which would make them look bobbleheadish IMO.

My experience was just like yours. Amazing figures. Sucks that so many people had QC issues.

Don't think HT will be making MIB figures. These figures look great, no doubt so it's just a case of getting a set with no issues. Popcultcha in Geelong have them for $240 each. I guess if it's possible for you to make that journey you could inspect the figures before you buy.

Hmm, a long way to go to inspect (especially if they turn out to be dud ones). I've found 'em on eBay from Hong Kong (my usual hunting ground for HT or other 1/6 figures) for $205 each. Might just take a punt.

Thanks!

They look just fine on TT bodies. As a matter of fact I think they look better on TT bodies, they sit more natural on the shoulders & neck.

DSCN0226-1.jpg

Just curious as to how you modded these to fit. Is the TT body a little smaller? So how did the clothes fit?

Hey Karnis the Caucasion body doesn't show on Will?

Not on display, no. If you look very closely in the pic, you can see a hint of the Caucasian body up the sleeve. The EB hands fit on the TT body.

Just curious as to how you modded these to fit. Is the TT body a little smaller? So how did the clothes fit?

All I did was remove the EB neck plug from the heads & glue on the HT neck plug. The TT bodies are slightly smaller but not enough to make much difference. I did use HT ankle extenders to make WS a bit taller. Clothes fit fine...the shirt was a tad baggy but on display you don't notice because it's under the jacket. Judge for yourself in the pic.

Does anyone have a picture of their figure jacketless. Just in their shirt and tie? I'm interested in the shirt and tie from this figure for a custom I'm doing :)

That does suck. That was another reason I waited till the very last day to order them. I don't pre-order anything via paypal because of the 45 day policy but since these were shipping just days later it was OK. Too bad the figures weren't :lol

A collector just received his returning MIB bodies from EB and realized that this is how EB fix the loose knees or doing so-called body replacement.

171229wom5k0wvup5qggru.jpg

171233nccybdrk0yb3lybz.jpg

171219gz27qgqhzggcc2gk.jpg

171221cccdvn9cg49dgfe4.jpg

171214tk7qh2qae7firzea.jpg

17124076hl7s1i7eoshy7i.jpg

171238949rszsetvtee7dt.jpg

171235awjaa2nb0ay2rnba.jpg

source:
https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=162620&extra=page=1

JESUS CHRIST OMG :horror :horror

what the F__! I have always been curious about this set, and today I just happened to come to this thread....
What the hell is this S__! seriously, this is what 400 bucks gets you?
this thing is nightmare inducing...
you know, Hot toys, Enterbay, for being so expensive and high class, they are more fragile than a porcelain doll...wow
I never understand how, a higher a price means a more fragile figure, the more fragile the materials, I just never understood that,

The head sculpts are great! It's the bodies that most are complaining about. They're awful! Since they knew they sent out ____, and admitted it, they should send everyone who ordered the first batch new bodies.

Back