ENTERBAY: Men In Black

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These enterbay bodies can be shortened a little bit. If you look at the bottom of the leg and above the foot you will see a quarter inch adapter shaped like a ring. First you will need to break the ring loose so that it moves freely. Then you have to remove the ring. I used a dremmel to break it apart so I could pop it off. Then you will need to split the leg apart at the seam. You can then move the foot peg up to the next slot inside the leg. And to finish it up, super glue the leg back together at the pins and there you go, a quarter inch shorter.

It takes a little surgery and you might get a nick or two on the areas were you worked but no big deal to me since it will all be covered by his pants.
I have already finished Kay. Actually it is weird but the leg joints are stiffer now.

209iwyw.jpg

Last edited:
How are the Enterbay MiB figures too tall when they sound to be actually properly scaled? If anything, the problem is that Medicom and Hot Toys figures tend to be too short in comparison to how tall the actor or actress would actually be at 1/6 their size.

:goodpost::exactly::clap

What are you guys talking about? These EB figures are above 12 inches. K is hitting above 12.5 and J even more... K should only be around 12 inches and J just a little above. Right now they'll be over 6'6" in 1:1 scale.

What are you guys talking about? These EB figures are above 12 inches. K is hitting above 12.5 and J even more... K should only be around 12 inches and J just a little above. Right now they'll be over 6'6" in 1:1 scale.

EBs a little too big, HTs a little too small... no winning situation for us!! :(

My J is a hair over 12". For comparison:
Indiana Jones is coming in at just over 11.5".
Captain Jack Sparrow: 11.5"
Christopher Reeves Superman: 12 and 2 tenth of an inch (actually taller than J!)

I'm still curious how these are being measured because that's not what I'm getting.. I will have to take a picture with my ruler and figs next to them.

J is certainly not anywhere near under 12.5 inches. However his crappy knees might make him slouch for you or something.

Last edited:
I'm still curious how these are being measured because that's not what I'm getting.. I will have to take a picture with my ruler and figs next to them.

J is certainly not anywhere near under 12.5 inches. However his crappy knees might make him slouch for you or something.

No, J is nowhere near 12.5.

Well, I'm in the minority, but I'm really glad I bought these. They're gorgeous and the Headsculpts really stand out next to my Hot Toys as being of a higher calibre.

I was lucky. Even my knees were acceptable. Maybe I was the only one on this whole thread? Jeez...

Could be! Smile and be thankful!

Mine showed up today...thankfully they were in pretty good shape except for the crappy bodies with weak hips, knees & ankles...they suck. Moved them over to HT TT narrow shoulder bodies. At least they can stand on their own. I popped out their neck plug & glued the HT neck adapter in its' place.

I'll never buy another 1/6 scale figure from Enterbay ever again.

The head sculpts are great (TLJ is the best I've seen) & it goes downhill from there. Suits are only ok with fair tailoring & mediocre stitching. Weapons are actually not that bad, they don't seem that much different from various HT accessories I've seen. TLJ has a big assed head & long neck compared to WS...but I believe that's true in real life.

Not bad, but not great. I feel for everyone who has more substantial issues than me.

Will looks good, but, Tommy now has a real turkey neck going on, definitely some adjustment needed.

These enterbay bodies can be shortened a little bit. If you look at the bottom of the leg and above the foot you will see a quarter inch adapter shaped like a ring. First you will need to break the ring loose so that it moves freely. Then you have to remove the ring. I used a dremmel to break it apart so I could pop it off. Then you will need to split the leg apart at the seam. You can then move the foot peg up to the next slot inside the leg. And to finish it up, super glue the leg back together at the pins and there you go, a quarter inch shorter.

It takes a little surgery and you might get a nick or two on the areas were you worked but no big deal to me since it will all be covered by his pants.
I have already finished Kay. Actually it is weird but the leg joints are stiffer now.

209iwyw.jpg

That's exactly what people did with the RM-4, but, they turned out not to need it when the RM-4.2 came out which didn't have the extensions.

I'm starting to think that the heights would improve by merely switching them to RM-4.2's and giving K some flatter shoes.

The shoes on my President Palmer are quite flat and similar shoes would definitely fit the bill.

I wonder what Enterbay is thinking right now. They knew QC issues were huge with Leon and especially the Game of Death figure. This was such an excellent chance to show off what they could do, especially with a license the other major companies are not handling. I just do not understand how problems this wide spread and this apparent manage to slip past everyone. It is inexcusable. Like many others here, I know now to avoid ever buying directly from Enterbay. At least for a year or two, I will have to wait for their products to be commonly owned and reviewed just to make sure they are actually appropriate for purchasing.

Yeah other companies like Sideshow have heavy QC issues, but at least they are nice about it. They will replace yours or give you a full refund. They know it is their fault and they are willing to take the hit for it. I can respect that and in fact I highly respect it.

The EB bodies do seem a bit better proportioned overall...however...it's all for nothing if the joints are loose & can't stand on their own. When it's laying flat on the ground it's always out of scale. :D

I did a little experiment to compare. I laid both bodies flat on their backs & picked them up by the waist. The HT bodies legs stayed in place....the EB bodies legs fell limp like a marionette. Not good. The knees are the biggest culprits, followed by the hips and then the ankles, though they seem ok by comparison but its hard to tell since the knees give out so easy. As Dave mentioned, they have ratchets but they're very loose. One knee I could feel the locking points & the other was like they weren't even there.

I will say that now that I've swapped bodies & put them on the shelf in their final pose...they look pretty good. I just refuse to use stands though...ruins the presentation (for me, anyway).

I hate stands too. What bodies did you use mate? Any pics?

Back