Enterbay IP MAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about everyone's QC problems. Now I'm kind of glad I did not buy this fig, but I'm still sad. I would like to buy just the head and stick it on my TT narrow, but I have a feeling it's going to be hard to find a reasonably priced head now. :(

Ok.Just checking the figure and... Im really pissed off wth the Enterbay quality control :gah::gah:

1/the body:

Both arms are stuck (or glued ??).. I mean,one of the elbow joints (in both arms) is stuck so, the arm can only move 90 degrees.. I managed to solve this problem but only I could release the left arm..but I found The right arm impossible... so I gave up :monkey4

The left hip joint is very loose, very, very loose.. same here for the shoulders :gah:

I think I will ended up swaping the body to a narrow TT

2/The paint:

Ok, Why the fisted hands are reddish?? (not flesh color mostly red) :slap... yes, look like Ip-Man had been punching a wall for hours :mad:
Just notice some of the other hands have been painted in red arbitrarily too..

The headsculp looks nice but could be much better

3/ Not "10 men combat scene" outfit ???

Im very disappointed with Enterbay and Ip Man :gah:

OK, the paint issue really sucks, but dude, where have you been? :slap Plasmid talked in detail about the issues with the body way back in this thread, you were there...and there was never any indication given by EB - or anyone else - that the combat scene outfit was going to be included with this figure. A few of us even ordered a TT in preparation for this figure's dodgy joints.

Unless my figure arrives with red hands, I'm going to be pretty happy when I open the box :)

Last edited:
OK, the paint issue really sucks, but dude, where have you been? :slap Plasmid talked in detail about the issues with the body way back in this thread, you were there...and there was never any indication given by EB - or anyone else - that the combat scene outfit was going to be included with this figure. A few of us even ordered a TT in preparation for this figure's dodgy joints.

Unless my figure arrives with red hands, I'm going to be pretty happy when I open the box :)

Yeah.I read the Plasmid303 review previously, but this is allegedly THE SECOND BATCH my friend..and all the issues from the First batch should be already fixed..:wink1:

The elbow stuck issue should,nt be a problem if you can solve it.. but the fact is that I could'nt release the right arm (I tried freezing and hot water).. so for me, this was a problem.
About the loose joints.. I believe everyone hoped that was solved. but not this time :slap ( I had prepared a Narrow TT if necessary aswell)

I did not expect the extra outfit neither, but can be considered as a warning, not like a issue
The redish fist really pisses me off.. if yours looks like mine, then you would be pissed for sure.
The eyelid black line is,nt very noticiable, but I had not seen this paint issue or carelessness in years (never seen these paint failure with Hottoys for example.. and have more than 40 figures from this company)

Again..all these quality issues are rather disappointing, even more, if we are talking about a company, that presume of the highest /top quality products.. and of course, this is a 170$ collectible/ figure .. not 50 or 80$

Again..all these quality issues are rather disappointing, even more, if we are talking about a company, that presume of the highest /top quality products.. and of course, this is a 170$ collectible/ figure .. not 50 or 80$

Yeh, I guess it's easy to think of $170 as just standard for a figure these days but you're right - for this money we should expect a lot more than this. I mean, here I am, I've gone out and bought an extra body before I've even got this thing when the body should be good straight out of the box - and for some reason I think this is ok?

Why the iconic outfit was not included is a mystery. I know a t-shirt is a lot easier to whip up than a jacket, but Hot Toys managed to hear the fans re: the T-800 so why not EB?

The biggest bummer though is the hands. This can't be fixed unless spare hands start turning up on ebay. And there again, why should you have to fork out for something that should have been ok out of the box.

*sigh I think I'm going to be happy when I open the box...

Is it a trend for Enterbay figures to have bad quality control? I purchased the "Jack Bauer" figure last year, and found that it had very loose ankle joints. So much so, that I absolutely had to use a figure stand.

Enterbay is slowly going backwards, I don't really know what to think of them, hope that by the time they release the Donnie Yen Chen Zhen figure it'll be acceptable at least.

Got mine today!!!

I am over the moon with this figure. The body is perfect to pose in proper wing chun stances. Posing was a main selling point for me, as I am a Wing Chun practitioner and that's where the most joy would come from for me.

Also there was no damage to mine at all.

Excellent figure.

Got mine today!!!

I am over the moon with this figure. The body is perfect to pose in proper wing chun stances. Posing was a main selling point for me, as I am a Wing Chun practitioner and that's where the most joy would come from for me.

Excellent figure.

That's good news, cheers!

Got mine today!!!

Excellent figure.

Awesome! If yours has arrived on these shores hopefully mine can't be too far away :pray:

Last edited:
Got mine today!!!

Excellent figure.

That's great news. I have my tracking number and mine was shipped on the 26th, no news until now. (Im from Sydney)

It was a bit of a shock to get home to see the package had arrived. I honestly wasn't expecting it to arrive out here in Aus until September.

My order was through the Enterbay site and there was no communication from them at all.

Hopefully you guys will not be disappointed when it arrives.:rock

Watched Ip Man the other night for the first time. Incredible flick.

I've never noticed it before, but the fists and gripping hand in my Ip Man set have a bit of red airbrushing effects on them. I didn't notice it at first and just thought it added a bit of realism. It's barely there on mine.

I'd like to see photos of your overly red fists, Valvoliner. Maybe a factory worker got a bit heavy-handed with painting yours?

It was a bit of a shock to get home to see the package had arrived. I honestly wasn't expecting it to arrive out here in Aus until September.

My order was through the Enterbay site and there was no communication from them at all.

Hopefully you guys will not be disappointed when it arrives.:rock

No communication from EB to me either. Seems a bit hit and miss all round...

Valvoliner keep us posted on your hand exchange request - I'd hope and expect that this would be something EB would be more than happy to do. Good luck!

I have taken a couple of pics, but the quality is a real crap because, I used the phone's camera (Sorry, but my syster went on holiday to Ibiza last Sunday... and took the good camera with her :impatient:)

Plasmid, all my hands have that red airbrushing effect. but is very subtle, however the 2 fist hands and 2 wing chun palms (one of each) have that ugly and excessive redish finish in the entire hand
Maybe in these blurry crapy pics the redish finish not be very noticiable.. but in hand .. :slap

Lejuan: I sent the e-mail this morning but not news yet.. Il wait 2 or 3 days more.
I had,nt communication with Enterbay neither (not tracking number mail or shipping notice.. nothing) and the package came as a surprise yesterday, So I believe you'll receive yours this week :wink1: (Enterbay sent the packages on 8-26-2010)

About the pictures I took

The left palm has the red subtle airbrushing effect and would be fine.. but the right fist hand is almost red :mad:

Last edited:
DY is awesome.:) Love his films. Enterbay should make Iron Monkey. That would rock! Anybody else agree? This is an awesome figure though on it's own. The master's (BL) teacher (Ip M). Played to perfection. Thanks for the pics.

SES

Back