Enterbay IP MAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got my figure this morning, very happy with it. only complaint is that the small buttons are soooo hard to button up! especially on the white shirt. also weird that enterbay didnt send me a shipping email since last time they did when i ordered my FoF bruce lee

got my figure this morning, very happy with it. only complaint is that the small buttons are soooo hard to button up! especially on the white shirt. also weird that enterbay didnt send me a shipping email since last time they did when i ordered my FoF bruce lee

I believe anyone has received a shipping e-mail this time.

pliers can be very useful to fasten the buttons.. and some patience also

So I guess there's nothing extra for ordering from EB?

Not true. Valvoliner got extra red hands, TurdFerguson got extra chasing up on his missing metal base and we all got an extra few weeks on the estimated shipping date.

they didn't even toss in the Ip man bag for ordering directly from them? Enterbay knows how to make their customers happy

I would rather say happily pissed...

No IP-man bag neither.

I have'nt response yet about my "extra battle damaged red hands".. so I'll take some good quality pics and will send an e-mail on Monday again..... again, and again until I get an answer :gah:

i wan i wan! where did you get yours? i'm hoping to get one locally to save on postage :slap

I got one off ebay, just the body and the feet, US$33.48 shipped to Oz. Not a bargain, but seems to be the going ebay rate.

I just received my Ip Man, glad I took the morning off work :wink1:

I have to say, in response to what has been talked about in this thread, I'm pretty happy with what I've taken out of my box:

1. The fist hands are poorly painted. They don't look blood-stained, as was the likely intent, they just look redder than the other hands. Why they bothered I don't know. I don't think they could be as bad as Valvoliner's, 'cause I'm not too fussed about it.

2. The elbow joints are tight - after a very forceful wrench I freed the left arm but even putting all my muscle into the right one I couldn't shift it. *UPDATE a bit of hair dryer treatment did the trick, finally shifted it.

3. The hips are looser than I'd like - definitely too loose to hold some poses. *UPDATE tightened the screws and they are tighter in one direction at least, not too bad overall.

4. The plastic from which the body is made does not make for a good skin-tone match with the hands or head. It looks and feels like a poorer version of the TT. Maybe that's why we didn't get a short-sleeved jacket, 'cause it would have looked terrible with EB's body.

The figure didn't have me reaching straight for the TT - I'm pushed for man-time this morning and I wanted to get him on the shelf and admire him for a bit. But I'm definitely glad to have the TT handy as it means I don't have to feel disappointed with the figure - even if I am a bit miffed that I needed it in the first place.

*UPDATE the TT has him standing at around 30cm, the RM at close to 31cm. The height difference comes entirely from the higher neck ball joint on the RM. Ip Man's height might bother me over time, but for the time being I'll leave him with the RM and use my TT for a bash I've been putting off.

I have absolutely no regrets about shelling out for this figure because I'm such a wing chun fan. Others might not be as forgiving...

Last edited:
I just watched a review of Ip Man on Youtube and realized that mine was also missing the base for the wooden dummy, what the hell Enterbay.

Geeze... glad I have my order with BBTS... at least I know for sure if anything goes wrong, it'll be taken care of.

I can't believe this is happening to you guys. This sucks. Quality control should IMPROVE from the initial expo release to the official release, not the other way around.

Someone at the factory under Enterbay's employ is not doing their job. :tap

Geeze... glad I have my order with BBTS... at least I know for sure if anything goes wrong, it'll be taken care of.

That's it - should anything be amiss with a product a company should offer its customers confidence that a simple email will rectify things. This is a supposedly top-shelf figure at a top-shelf price.

Red hands, dodgy joints, missing base plates - WTF Enterbay?! While I'm lucky to have received a good example of this figure, I think this will be my first and last Enterbay purchase. :dunno

Back