Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: EB HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Yeah! And some red socks!
Blitzway style, baby!

If Rambo is due in May we'll probably see proto shots by late January or sometime in February.

With HT chasing their ass at 1/4 scale, EB better start with 1/2 scale to get ahead.

Doubt it. Enterbay already pioneered such a great product. It won't be forgotten and swept under the rug.

I'm optimistic about Rambo. Not a huge Rambo fan but am a big Sly fan. Might get this along with T800 together when I'm free :3

Doubt it. Enterbay already pioneered such a great product. It won't be forgotten and swept under the rug.

I'm optimistic about Rambo. Not a huge Rambo fan but am a big Sly fan. Might get this along with T800 together when I'm free :3

:O You like Sylvester Stallone and not Rambo?? Complete oposite for me.

I'm yet to see them, but I don't like the look of 'em. I do love a bit of Rambo though and need to have this! :D

Good god, next you will be saying you have never seen the A team on TV :horror :lol

I guarantee you hot toys will announce the remaking of rambo figures like they did with robocop and the predator figures.

I guarantee you hot toys will announce the remaking of rambo figures like they did with robocop and the predator figures.

You guarantee nothing. You're just speculating.

But the funny thing is with how much hate Enterbay gets on these boards, I don't get why anybody thinks Hot Toys needs to announce the same products to squash them?

I don't get why anybody thinks Hot Toys needs to announce the same products to squash them?

No one thinks they have to, we just know the two have been fighting for years, goes back to the Godfather figure, they both were working simultaneously on it and it was like a battle for whose would be most popular, and they have a history of doing licenses each other has done already. HT did Prison Break, EB did it, EB does Bruce Lee and is known for that, HT starts farting out Bruce Lees. Enterbay teases their Jack Sparrow, Hot Toys announces their DX figure, EB reveals Jack's full specs, HT teases a 2nd figure to come with accessories that EB Jack was announced with and out of the blue, DX Jack gets an added accessory not originally announced but that EB included with their figure, and HT initially releases a second smiling Jack face that's met with a bland reception while EB's smirk head gets more praise, and in the end, HT puts out a smirking portrait just like EB.

I do feel that it's more HT's side, it seems like they don't like EB, EB strikes me as a kid being picked on that just wants to be left alone to do their thing, but in certain instances you almost can sense HT wanting to do something, at least if you know their history. Like EB getting praise for the 1/4 Terminator, it will not surprise me one bit if HT announces another T-800 within 2012 to try and regain the praise for best T-800 figure.

I do agree, if a lot of folks talk about the EB Rambo like it blows Hot Toys' best effort away, I don't care how old the HT figure is, they'll get pissed that EB's getting praise and want to get their own back.

For anyone hoping to get things out of HT that seem to only come if EB steps in the ring, it's a winning situation, for anyone hoping for variety among the two companies, it's a losing situation.

You guarantee nothing. You're just speculating.

But the funny thing is with how much hate Enterbay gets on these boards, I don't get why anybody thinks Hot Toys needs to announce the same products to squash them?

well I dont hate enterbay if that what you are getting at. Secondly I dont think hot toys needs to announce the same products to squash them. The only reason I said that they would redo rambo figures is because they have done it so far with the robocop and predator franchise and because enterbay announced their rambo license. Also i think that the only reason they started doing 1/4th scale is because enterbay started doing it with the T800 arnold and when they announced a ton of licenses like TDK, Rambo, Robocop, Rocky and terminator. i wouldnt be surprised if hot toys redid rocky and some of the terminator figures.

i wouldnt be surprised if hot toys redid rocky and some of the terminator figures.

I don't see them redoing Rocky as the originals didn't do very well, they might do a new Rocky 1 which may succeed well enough but Rocky doesn't have the market value of other Stallone characters, there was a Hot Toys poll where Judge Dredd beat out Rocky.

As for redoing Terminator, I don't see HT really redoing anything, the recent figures just came out in 2010 and there's really nothing they're doing today that they weren't then. If they do a BD T-800 from T1, I suppose you could call it a remake though the original never had a likeness license and from the neck down was in some ways better than the T-800 from 2010. They might complete the T2 line to take a shot at EB, which would be nice, but I fear they might just try a 1/4 figure to take a direct shot at them.

Back