Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: EB HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Maulfan will be excited to see this IMO.

Yes I am :D

but why rambo III? why not rambo II? if you want to do bare chested rambo, rambo II > rambo III.

My thoughts. For one thing, regardless of quality, Sideshow did Rambo 2 1/4 scale and HCG did Rambo 4, so this gives them something unique. Also, I think the HT-EB battle may fuel it. Rambo 3 is regarded as HT's best Rambo and one of their best figures, so if you're going to do Rambo, why not try and stick it to your competitor. Sure theyr'e different scales but that hasn't stop people from exhalting the work EB did on their T2 T-800 compared to HT's effort. Praise is praise and I think HT and EB like to have their products of the same source material praised over one another.

Here's the accessories image again.

blogs.yahoo.co_000.jpg

Last edited:

My thoughts. For one thing, regardless of quality, Sideshow did Rambo 2 1/4 scale and HCG did Rambo 4, so this gives them something unique. Also, I think the HT-EB battle may fuel it. Rambo 3 is regarded as HT's best Rambo and one of their best figures, so if you're going to do Rambo, why not try and stick it to your competitor. Sure theyr'e different scales but that hasn't stop people from exhalting the work EB did on their T2 T-800 compared to HT's effort. Praise is praise and I think HT and EB like to have their products of the same source material praised over one another.

Here's the accessories image again.

blogs.yahoo.co_000.jpg

Weird, because that rocket launcher is from Rambo 2.
He never touched one like that in number 3, right?

....then again it couldn't be anymore bizarre than Hot Toys including the sniper rifle with their Rambo3 - a weapon he only used in a deleted scene, never shown in the movie and only seen 10 years after the theatrical release :thud:

And I don't think Hot Toys Rambo 3 is still considered one of their best figures is it? I owned it at the time, and maybe when it first came out, but I don't think its up to par for today.

I'm very much on the hook with this one, but if it has those ugly Enterbay joints on it, rather than a statuc pose, then I'll be passing...

Weird, because that rocket launcher is from Rambo 2.
He never touched one like that in number 3, right?

....then again it couldn't be anymore bizarre than Hot Toys including the sniper rifle with their Rambo3 - a weapon he only used in a deleted scene, never shown in the movie and only seen 10 years after the theatrical release :thud:

You can't see it well because it's at night, but he uses a rocket launcher just before they ride off from the Russian fort the first time he breaks in.

As for the rifle with the Hot Toys figure, they probably just thought it would look interesting and add to the figure, who knows, there were other weapons he used that they could have done.

I have a feeling, based on the accessories, that this will be a posable figure, I can't imaging a good statue pose that would look right holding each of those weapons, each needs a different way to hold it.

Those joints aren't too bad. But they have to do a little bit of work to get it to pose if they're gonna have it move around.

What kind of good joints are there available for 1/6 that doesn't look too ugly out in the open?

I wouldn't really want to see rubber body parts anymore hahaha

I have a feeling, based on the accessories, that this will be a posable figure, I can't imaging a good statue pose that would look right holding each of those weapons, each needs a different way to hold it.

oh yeah, good call ....if those are the accessories it has to be articulated!

Those joints aren't too bad. But they have to do a little bit of work to get it to pose if they're gonna have it move around.

What kind of good joints are there available for 1/6 that doesn't look too ugly out in the open?

I wouldn't really want to see rubber body parts anymore hahaha

Hot Toys' current muscle body arms have the most posability with the best hidden joints I think you can achieve, EB would want to mirror that. It's that or be lame and make the figure to be fully covered like he is on the journey to the Afghan camp.

Bump. I thought EB had announced a Rambo IV figure? I remember whinging it should be of Rambo III... anyway, Voila! I get my prefered Rambo! :rock

Bump. I thought EB had announced a Rambo IV figure? I remember whinging it should be of Rambo III... anyway, Voila! I get my prefered Rambo! :rock

I think that was more incompetence than anything.
They just grabbed a random picture of Rambo and put it up as their poster.

....not as bad as some of the official DVD releases which have him walking around with a bow on the cover to First Blood :slap

Thanks for clearing that SAB. Am I the only one who dislikes IV? I find it far too violent to fit in with the others and Sylvester is just way too old! :/

I think that was more incompetence than anything.
They just grabbed a random picture of Rambo and put it up as their poster.

....not as bad as some of the official DVD releases which have him walking around with a bow on the cover to First Blood :slap

They also had the logo for their 1/6 line with it which was more confusing.

And Rambo 4 is the best movie in the series.

Back