Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy is waiting for his new friend:1-1: TODAY I WILL BE WORKING ON MY MAN CAVE:gah: MY PCS STREET FIGHTER STATUES ARE GOING IN STORAGE OR ON EBAY! STILL UNDECIDED!:monkey2

:clap:hi5::yess:

This was a huge letdown for me especially since I am a fan of the character and don't own any Rambo figures. I'd definitely get this if the body looked better, he looks way too skinny and those joints make the entire figure look cheap. I think I'm going to save my money for the 1/4 Batman (if we ever see it). Also, are all the accessories made of wood and metal like the T-800? His knife looks like plastic in some shots, and does anyone know if Hot Toys will be re releasing their Rambo figures.

I must agree with you about the body, something tells me is off, ugly and the joints are kind of weird.

Still a little bummed that the laces aren't sculpted, but I can get over it. The whole thing looks incredible and I can't wait to have him on my shelf -- and take some pics, of course. :rock

Yup, same here, but still looks awesome. Wondering when they will start to ship? They said the 20 of june, but you never know!
Grats on getting him! Can't wait for mine! :hi5:

be great , if Rambo III came with the outer black shirt, so we can have the option to cover the joints,Too bad its not!!! But for Rocky i hope they go for realistic rubber to cover the joints, Really dont want to see Rocky with knee and elbow joints expose.

This is the first time ive seen so many negative comments about visible Joints.
I don't see this many people complain about visible Joints on Dx Bruce Lee,Hawkeye,Barney Ross,Avatar etc...

Like ive said before,im curious to know what people expected from this,since they don't prefer Rubber either.

This is the first time ive seen so many negative comments about visible Joints.

Its cause a lot 1/4 scale collectors like to think they are above collecting "dolls with joints" as they so often point out.

Naturally there is gonna be a lot of complaining since EB is now making 1/4 dolls.

I think with some, it's just an inability to be pleased, if it was rubber they'd complain about the figure breaking down, EB recognizes that concern and makes him out of ABS/PVC with a few unsightly joints and that's no good. I think there's an expectation that 1/4 scale means being able to do things you can't at 1/6, which is true so far as quality of sculpt, paint, etc, but as far as articulation, it doesn't matter what size, you have limits to what you can do.

haha i know waste of a muscle body, but for those that cant stand expose joints. personally i dont mind on Rambo . stack the weapons on him and is not very visible

Its cause a lot 1/4 scale collectors like to think they are above collecting "dolls with joints" as they so often point out.

Naturally there is gonna be a lot of complaining since EB is now making 1/4 dolls.

At least they can get Tonner Dolls to interact with their Enterbay Dolls. :lecture

The technology as we stand, there is no way that we can get a movable figure with non exposed joints. (that will last)

No company will invest in the development of this type of feature in an action figure as the return of the investment is minimal.

If figures was sold in the millions then it would be worthwhile investment in R&D, but with budget constraints, be it EB, HT etc etc they can only go so far.

its a no win situation... either way, one side will not be happy.... then again, no one is ever happy!!

The technology as we stand, there is no way that we can get a movable figure with non exposed joints.
Sorry, use logic and common sense is not an acceptable form of posting.

Please revise your post to state how EB needs to invent articulated statues because these are high end 1/4 scale collectibles for adults.

Thank you.

Visible Joints,PASSSSSSSSSSSS.

I just find it weird that people point that out now,and not earlier with Hot Toys figures,the scale difference is a poor excuse.

The technology as we stand, there is no way that we can get a movable figure with non exposed joints. (that will last)

No company will invest in the development of this type of feature in an action figure as the return of the investment is minimal.

If figures was sold in the millions then it would be worthwhile investment in R&D, but with budget constraints, be it EB, HT etc etc they can only go so far.

its a no win situation... either way, one side will not be happy.... then again, no one is ever happy!!

Not on here that's for sure. :rolleyes2

the scale difference is a poor excuse.

Its not an excuse, its the reason. Scale is at the center of it. EB is blurring the line between two major factions in the collectible community. Its a hard pill to swallow for many collectors.

On one side of the fight you have 1/6 collectors who love it, but hate the scale. On the other side you have 1/4 collectors who love it, but hate the joints.

Somewhere in the middle you have general collectors who just want cool stuff of the favorite character and are fine with it.

And over there in the corner you have delusional idiots who think toys should have future tech and be made from nanomorph mimetic poly-alloy.

Back