Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I see things about this figure the more I want it. Unfortunately I cannot afford things like this without some sort of flex pay system, but I find it largely interesting. I've wanted a nice Sideshow Premium Format for awhile and that interest is what to me makes these Enterbay 1/4 scale figures seem so justified. About $400 might seem like a lot, but when you see that they are pretty much the same price as high end 1/4 statues it almost makes you wonder why the statues are so much. The likeness is stronger on the Enterbay works and they include complete posability. To me this is the definite thing to have for that 1/4 scale. I am not saying Sideshow purchases are bad or not a good deal, far from it. I am just saying I cannot help but see these Enterbay releases in a very good light.

As for the joints I really do not get the problem here. There has to be a sacrifice somewhere. If you guys want a highly posable 1/4 scale figure and do not want it to melt or degrade, then apparent joints are really the best route. Even then, what's the issue? Are those basic lines really killing the entire experience for you? I don't understand. We all know this isn't Rambo standing on our shelf anyway. Being lifelike is great, but he doesn't have to be a carbon copy of the real person.

Basic figures have seamlines, this is something well known. It's everywhere. You pick up a Japanese figure and you can see the arm has a clear cut seamline. Even the highest quality of Japanese PVC statues have them usually and it really isn't so bad. If anything I am blown away how little the apparent joints actually hinder the appearance of this figure. I think it looks magnificent.

Of all the companies I wish Enterbay adapted Sideshow's payment style. Unlike say Hot Toys or ThreeA, Enterbay hits fast and hits hard. Men in Black and Rambo out of no where around the same time. They expect full payment and their specials last only a month or so. When we get the full production pictures, the stuff goes up for preorder a week after and it's gone a month or two after, forever lingering in the after market for raised prices. It's hard for people like me to be able to purchase these things.

I do look forward to seeing everyone's pictures though. I might not be able to ever own this figure, but I guess I can at least enjoy it from afar.

The more I see things about this figure the more I want it. Unfortunately I cannot afford things like this without some sort of flex pay system, but I find it largely interesting. I've wanted a nice Sideshow Premium Format for awhile and that interest is what to me makes these Enterbay 1/4 scale figures seem so justified. About $400 might seem like a lot, but when you see that they are pretty much the same price as high end 1/4 statues it almost makes you wonder why the statues are so much. The likeness is stronger on the Enterbay works and they include complete posability. To me this is the definite thing to have for that 1/4 scale. I am not saying Sideshow purchases are bad or not a good deal, far from it. I am just saying I cannot help but see these Enterbay releases in a very good light.

As for the joints I really do not get the problem here. There has to be a sacrifice somewhere. If you guys want a highly posable 1/4 scale figure and do not want it to melt or degrade, then apparent joints are really the best route. Even then, what's the issue? Are those basic lines really killing the entire experience for you? I don't understand. We all know this isn't Rambo standing on our shelf anyway. Being lifelike is great, but he doesn't have to be a carbon copy of the real person.

Basic figures have seamlines, this is something well known. It's everywhere. You pick up a Japanese figure and you can see the arm has a clear cut seamline. Even the highest quality of Japanese PVC statues have them usually and it really isn't so bad. If anything I am blown away how little the apparent joints actually hinder the appearance of this figure. I think it looks magnificent.

Of all the companies I wish Enterbay adapted Sideshow's payment style. Unlike say Hot Toys or ThreeA, Enterbay hits fast and hits hard. Men in Black and Rambo out of no where around the same time. They expect full payment and their specials last only a month or so. When we get the full production pictures, the stuff goes up for preorder a week after and it's gone a month or two after, forever lingering in the after market for raised prices. It's hard for people like me to be able to purchase these things.

I do look forward to seeing everyone's pictures though. I might not be able to ever own this figure, but I guess I can at least enjoy it from afar.
:exactly::hi5:

^^ That's why you gotta save up when these companies show the teaser.

I've been ready for the Enterbay Rambo 3 since it was announced, and ramped up the saving up when Enterbay said he'll be ready to ship at this date & that.

I guess this hobby is really just about priorities. Prepare for the characters you really love, it doesn't matter if you have to pre-order by paying a small amount or pay in full.

Paid for Naked Snake & The Boss in full, and also had to pay Rambo 3 in full because of Enterbay's setup despite having to order him through a local retailer. :slap

^^ That's why you gotta save up when these companies show the teaser.

I've been ready for the Enterbay Rambo 3 since it was announced, and ramped up the saving up when Enterbay said he'll be ready to ship at this date & that.

I guess this hobby is really just about priorities. Prepare for the characters you really love, it doesn't matter if you have to pre-order by paying a small amount or pay in full.

Paid for Naked Snake & The Boss in full, and also had to pay Rambo 3 in full because of Enterbay's setup despite having to order him through a local retailer. :slap

It isn't easy though since these things tend to come in waves. I've a big Japanese figure collector and for the most part they have things coming every month that interests me. 1/6 figures are a hard market to deal with because of how expensive they are, but 1/4 scale figures seems to be an even bigger fish to fry. With time I'll learn how to manage it all I suppose. I'm glad Enterbay has such interesting licenses. I have absolutely no interest with anything Hot Toys has these days and I know none of their 1/4 scale figures will interest me a tall, but I like seeing Enterbay's stuff. Robocop 1 is one of my favorite movies so when they start to show off the 1/4 teasers I'll start setting money aside in anticipation.

Yeah but when you have a mortgage and kids to cover,figures become pretty difficult to pre-purchase!That's why something like Flexpay helps out a lot!^_^

Make sure you also prepare for an alleged Rambo 4.. Rumor has it that Enterbay has the license to the entire Rambo quadrilogy, hence the teaser poster last year of Rambo 4 instead of Rambo 3 which is their first release. :clap

Yeah but when you have a mortgage and kids to cover,figures become pretty difficult to pre-purchase!That's why something like Flexpay helps out a lot!^_^

Ah, well in that regard, I agree that FlexPay should be an option. Technically we can all afford them all, but not full payment at the same time as what's happening in most situations.
If I'm stuck in this situation, I just fully-pay the ones I really want and leave the "impulse pre-orders" be until I get enough money.

Make sure you also prepare for an alleged Rambo 4.. Rumor has it that Enterbay has the license to the entire Rambo quadrilogy, hence the teaser poster last year of Rambo 4 instead of Rambo 3 which is their first release. :clap

A 1/4 Rambo from Rambo 4 would be so badass!

Ah, well in that regard, I agree that FlexPay should be an option. Technically we can all afford them all, but not full payment at the same time as what's happening in most situations.
If I'm stuck in this situation, I just fully-pay the ones I really want and leave the "impulse pre-orders" be until I get enough money.
True indeed my friend,true indeed!:wink1:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Enterbay having a crack at Rambo 4 first before doing the other 2 movies, because we never had a Rambo 4 action figure (HCG released statues in 1/6 and 1/4 but never an action figure from any company).

I hope this 1/4 Rambo makes HT feel like they need to go back to Rambo aswell. I wouldnt mind an updated 1/6 Rambo II.

A 1/4 Rambo from Rambo 4 would be so badass!

I hope this 1/4 Rambo makes HT feel like they need to go back to Rambo aswell. I wouldnt mind an updated 1/6 Rambo II.

Rambo 2 and 4 are the only 1/6 HT could do that wouldn't upset me, at least before we get Rambo 4, after that, anything goes. Rambo 2 is the iconic look for me so a proper 1/6 would sit fine if we got it before Rambo 4, but 1 and 3 have pretty nice figures from HT already, we need the whole franchise before retreads.

Sadly I think "by Wednesday" means "on Wednesday." At least, that's the way it usually works with things like this.

Sadly I think "by Wednesday" means "on Wednesday." At least, that's the way it usually works with things like this.
cap posted this:
ebanswer.jpg
I'm usually patient waiting for my figures. but not with this one :lol

Back