Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok heres a little dampner, came back home all excited to check.. and there ARE some QC issues

1. There are paint stains on the upper biceps hidden under the suti but the torso is unscather... also a black dot on underside of the right forearm... But hey Its no biggie for me, I dont worry THAT MUCH! Becuase in anycase 2 years down the line your figure and mine will look the same :lol

2. Their is a paint rub on the nose of the BD head... :( which was my biggest disappointment... its faint but visible under glaring light... I wish I could use something to repaint it but the stellar paint work allround would probably make it stand out even MORE!

3. All in all a great set but the box is NOT as sturdy as previous EB releases and EB MUST make their packing a lot more sturdy... the whole diorama thing being tight I believe is what causes all these breakdowns...

Ill contact EB about a replacement of the BD head only.

Oh also, the BD on the suit is quite light... I can repaint that myself...

Larry, you can fix this right ?
I tried to fix it myself. But it wasn't happening. So I'm sending it back to get fixed/replaced :D

File this one under "User Error!" folks

This isn't a QC issue, it was caused by the collector :slap
Try to bend any figure in a manner it isn't designed to and it will break
He's sending it back, so my guess would be no he cannot
:exactly: This is not a QC issue. It's a Larry issue.

ENTERBAY have made another mistake to my advantage, not only did they ship my figure by mistake a month before... THEY ALSO included the EXCLUSIVE preorder black with yellow bands nunchucks by mistake.
Good score :hi5:

I gotta know what Larry tried to do to get the leg that outta whack. I don't mean to laugh b/c I know how pissed he must be but I'm picturing him posing Bruce in a split, upside down, helicopter kicking 2 baddies like Chun Li or something

chun_li_bird_web.jpg
:lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl
Something like that.

Oh! That hurts. Sorry for that.
Not so much now, but thanks :D

I think I remember saying something along the lines of, me keeping this figure in the box when I received it, so that it would be safe. Then I get it & go crazy with it instead :lol

It's too cool to keep in the box, & too cool not to pose :D I'm bidding on a few extra items for this on ebay right now :lol Somebody won the smiley head for $29.

This figure FTW :D

Ok heres a little dampner, came back home all excited to check.. and there ARE some QC issues
1. There are paint stains on the upper biceps hidden under the suti but the torso is unscather... also a black dot on underside of the right forearm... But hey Its no biggie for me, I dont worry THAT MUCH! Becuase in anycase 2 years down the line your figure and mine will look the same :lol
Nuh uh, mine will never wear the suit fully zipped :nana:
2. Their is a paint rub on the nose of the BD head... :( which was my biggest disappointment... its faint but visible under glaring light... I wish I could use something to repaint it but the stellar paint work allround would probably make it stand out even MORE!
:postpics:
3. All in all a great set but the box is NOT as sturdy as previous EB releases and EB MUST make their packing a lot more sturdy... the whole diorama thing being tight I believe is what causes all these breakdowns...Ill contact EB about a replacement of the BD head only.Oh also, the BD on the suit is quite light... I can repaint that myself...
Idk, my boxes arrived in good shape, and it seems they are put together well and packed tight. It could have something to do with the 75 check points and inspections your set had to go through before reaching you lol. Also, was this an EB direct order?
:exactly: This is not a QC issue. It's a Larry issue.
Hehe it happens, I've snapped quite a few toys before in the past as well. Looks like EB is taking care of return shipping and free replacement which is good.

I think I remember saying something along the lines of, me keeping this figure in the box when I received it, so that it would be safe. Then I get it & go crazy with it instead :lol

It's too cool to keep in the box, & too cool not to pose :D I'm bidding on a few extra items for this on ebay right now :lol Somebody won the smiley head for $29.

This figure FTW :D

:lol I'm not gonna pose the BJ or HK sets too much, I'll save that for when I receive the extra bodies and play around with the casual clothes and extra sculpt. Meanwhile, I'll live vicariously through all your pics :D

Idk, my boxes arrived in good shape, and it seems they are put together well and packed tight. It could have something to do with the 75 check points and inspections your set had to go through before reaching you lol. Also, was this an EB direct order?

Yes it was a Direct EB order... their packing is quite bad. They put the box inside the shipper without any bubblewrap or so, just a folder carboard piece on one side to make the box sit tightly inside the shipper... and then they mailed it to me... so as you can see their precautions are NOT good enough.

Anyway Im conteplating not replacing the BD head, I mean the paint rub is hardly that visible on display... Ive been picky before and over time Ill get over it. The thought of sending this via EMS from India Post and then waiting for christmas to get the replacement is crazy...
This item was shipped on the 24th, inspite of EMS it came on the 7th, I dont take EMS for speed, I take it for security... PO chaps dont nick EMS articles...

Also I superglued the box up... the broken white carboard pars are visible thus showing those places are glued up and not intact, however the box will atleast not be all taken apart like it came...

Yes it was a Direct EB order... their packing is quite bad. They put the box inside the shipper without any bubblewrap or so, just a folder carboard piece on one side to make the box sit tightly inside the shipper... and then they mailed it to me... so as you can see their precautions are NOT good enough.
That's exactly what Side Show Collectibles does when you buy from them, they stick the HT box in a shipper box and occasionally wrap it in tissue paper. If you want extra bubble wrap and precaution you have to request a "pack out" which costs additional $10.
Anyway Im conteplating not replacing the BD head, I mean the paint rub is hardly that visible on display... Ive been picky before and over time Ill get over it. The thought of sending this via EMS from India Post and then waiting for christmas to get the replacement is crazy...This item was shipped on the 24th, inspite of EMS it came on the 7th, I dont take EMS for speed, I take it for security... PO chaps dont nick EMS articles...
Yeah, slow delivery would make me nuts as well. If it isn't noticeable unless you're 2 inches away and you can live with it, then keep it. If it's going to make you nutty then return it, you should be happy in the end. Pssssssssssssssst.......

Actually .....

16998153.jpg

:monkey2 .....

Don't ask :gah: :lol .....

File this one under "User Error!" folks! :lol

Exact same thing happened to me on HK body while I was trying to pose him doing a high side kick. I spread his leg as far as it will go without force, and when I tried to bring it down, it popped out of the socket. I was able to put it back together after I loosened up the screw in the back of the thigh to spread the connecting mechanism apart a little bit. Even then, it required delicate manuvering and patience to put it back together. You would be better off getting a replacement from Enterbay, because any excessive force to pop it back in can easily break the plastic joints.

This is not a "User Error" nor a "QC issue". This is a design flaw. When I loosened up the upper thigh, I was able to see that when the leg is spread as far as it is designed to spread, c-clip of shown in the picture aligns just right with small gaps inside the upper thigh joint & it pops out when you try to bring it down. This body is definitely not designed for extreme action poses. Your best bet is to stick with BL 2.5 and 3.5 if you want sturdy action figure body. I ordered two BL 3.5 bodies modified to fit HT DX04 heads, and when I receive them, I am going to modify one of them to fit GOD heads.

My sugestion is that you tell EB that you got two figures, and the problem with the production error which caused one of the track suits to get a nick - and ask if you could return it for a replacement since it was not you handling or fault. Enclose the pictures of the behind the knee area. I should be worth asking, and you could ask for the replacement suit to be sendt with your other replacement if the nicked suit arrives before they return the other stuff.

Btw, love the graceful pose with the DB head ! You are really inspiring us other freaks with you great creativity Ahgnus !

Yeah, I sent Enterbay an improvement suggestion on that knee joint. Hopefully I will hear back from them soon. Enterbay office is closed for weekend toy fair from 8 July - 10 July.

And I simply love sharing photos of this awesome figure. Time for all of you to share yours too!! :)

I think its too presumptuous to speculate that the Beijing Set has no QC issues or that its QC was tighter... they rolled out of the same production line after all, and the extras were crammed in the same box, and the only 'personalised' difference is a sticker mentioning 'BJ' after the edition number.

as for differences in paint app and everything... thats pretty normal... again by math Im sure some HK editions who got through the same painter got darker battle damage etc etc...

ALSO My set has reached my local post office... I hope the postman turns up soon with my set :pray:

You still think quality control was the same for both BJ and HK? :wink1:

I agree with you on paint apps. It all depends which artist did it, and it is going to differ from batch to batch regardless of it being BJ or HK set.

Nuh uh, mine will never wear the suit fully zipped :nana:

Hehe it happens, I've snapped quite a few toys before in the past as well. Looks like EB is taking care of return shipping and free replacement which is good.

I am not sure what the deal is with the boxes. Both of my BJ and HK set arrived very well packaged for shipment and there were no dents or scratches, but both boxes did have a small tear about 1 inch along the top left corner. I don't know if it was caused during shipment or if it was the work of heavy handed customs inspectors, but I do agree that previous EB BL boxes were definintely more sturdy.

Last edited:
I'm paying for all the shipping :monkey2 I only get it fixed/replaced for free. It wasn't a QC issue, so I understand why I have to pay for shipping both ways :D

I'm not gonna pose the BJ or HK sets too much, I'll save that for when I receive the extra bodies and play around with the casual clothes and extra sculpt. Meanwhile, I'll live vicariously through all your pics
1340.jpg

:lol

Exact same thing happened to me on HK body while I was trying to pose him doing a high side kick. I spread his leg as far as it will go without force, and when I tried to bring it down, it popped out of the socket. I was able to put it back together after I loosened up the screw in the back of the thigh to spread the connecting mechanism apart a little bit. Even then, it required delicate manuvering and patience to put it back together. You would be better off getting a replacement from Enterbay, because any excessive force to pop it back in can easily break the plastic joints.

This is not a "User Error" nor a "QC issue". This is a design flaw. When I loosened up the upper thigh, I was able to see that when the leg is spread as far as it is designed to spread, c-clip of shown in the picture aligns just right with small gaps inside the upper thigh joint & it pops out when you try to bring it down. This body is definitely not designed for extreme action poses.
So it's not only me? :lol You managed to fix it? Even when I unscrewed the screw on the upper leg area, I couldn't get it to spread apart, so that I could pop it back in. I thought maybe it was also glued or something, so I replaced the screw & put it away, to get ready to be sent for repair/replacement :D I might try again, knowing someone has successfully fixed it themselves. Saves me from extra shipping fees (if I manage to fix it that is). Your post was helpful. Thanks :hi5:

And I simply love sharing photos of this awesome figure. Time for all of you to share yours too!! :)
:exactly: :goodpost:

So it's not only me? :lol You managed to fix it? Even when I unscrewed the screw on the upper leg area, I couldn't get it to spread apart, so that I could pop it back in. I thought maybe it was also glued or something, so I replaced the screw & put it away, to get ready to be sent for repair/replacement :D I might try again, knowing someone has successfully fixed it themselves. Saves me from extra shipping fees (if I manage to fix it that is). Your post was helpful. Thanks :hi5:

The design of the click mechanism on that joint is quite complicated. I had to use a fine scribe to hold the circular click gear that is inside to one side, and squeeze the c-clip in through opening made after spreading double gear guide. If you spread them apart, you will see that the c-clip can go in (and pop out) at only one angle. I wish I can explain better by posting some photos... but I am not about to disassemble mine to take photos, because it is a be*ACHOO* to put it back together. It requires lots of patience, and never try to force anything in. You have to understand that the plastic c-clip has a little give, and it will flex a little bit and use that to push it in while trying not to go past its flexing limit. I highly advise you to simiply send it to Enterbay for replacement if you are not too sure and worried about any chance of it breaking. Good Luck!

Have you guys noticed this? Even the proto head had a problem with paints rubbing off of the nose and the chin. I am surprised that I didn't notice this when saw this picture....and I must've looked at this photo daily since the day I pre-ordered GOD set until the day I received it. :slap

1105021537991ea46eeb794644.jpg

I am noting all the QC issues, but they don't take away from the fact that it's a beautiful figure. I'll say it again, this GoD figure is like an Alfa Romeo: beautiful but frustrating :D

Looking at EB's site it says the figure is up for PO to ship in September - does this in fact point to a second 'batch'?

***HOT HOT HOT UPDATE****

STAIN ADVISORY!!!

My GOD BL body was STAINED overnight!

I had taken off the clean suit and put on the BD suit to pose him with BD head yesterday, and I put it back in the box with BD suit on at the end of the day. Just now, I was preparing him for a photoshoot, and when I upzipped the BD suit to fix bunched up inseams inside of the suit, I noticed 2 minor black spots. It is along the black stripes of the suit, and I think the black dye of the suit somehow stained the body. If the suit was left on for a prolonged period, I am sure it would have become the distinct dark black spots we've seen on many HK figures. I am so glad that I caught this before it became a bigger problem. I am going to throw both suits in the washer to get all the dye out. I better do it seperately or I am going to end up with 2 BD suits. I advise all of you owners to check your figures to see if you have the same problem.:panic::panic::panic::panic:

DSC00418.jpg

The design of the click mechanism on that joint is quite complicated. I had to use a fine scribe to hold the circular click gear that is inside to one side, and squeeze the c-clip in through opening made after spreading double gear guide. If you spread them apart, you will see that the c-clip can go in (and pop out) at only one angle. I wish I can explain better by posting some photos... but I am not about to disassemble mine to take photos, because it is a be*ACHOO* to put it back together. It requires lots of patience, and never try to force anything in. You have to understand that the plastic c-clip has a little give, and it will flex a little bit and use that to push it in while trying not to go past its flexing limit. I highly advise you to simiply send it to Enterbay for replacement if you are not too sure and worried about any chance of it breaking. Good Luck!
As soon as it broke I tried to force it in :lol Then I noticed the c-clip (is that the part connected to the rubber body :dunno ) plastic had a bit of whitish stretchy marks, maybe from me overdoing it. After reading this (kinda complicated :lol ) post. I think I miight not try fixing it myself anymore & send it in to be fixed/replaced.

Is it wrong to know this happened to someone else? :D

Have you guys noticed this? Even the proto head had a problem with paints rubbing off of the nose and the chin. I am surprised that I didn't notice this when saw this picture.
I don't remember seeing that before either. Strange. I don't know what causes those paint rubs in the same area (nose & chin), but I wonder if that hints toward the BD prototype head actually having a production run? The prototype smiley is pretty much the same as what we got, so having a prototype BD head similar in quality to what was shown would be :cool:

Looking at EB's site it says the figure is up for PO to ship in September - does this in fact point to a second 'batch'?
Perhaps. It would be good if EB sorted out known QC issues for this figure.

That really sucks ahgnus when you pay 300$ for it,but unfortunately this has been a problem from the very start and they never bothered fixing the problem.
My GOD Nokia and ETD A has the same problem.

If you contact them for a replacement they will only give you a slap in the face and show you the product info.It's funny,EB inform us in the product info that the clothes shouldn't be left on the figure for over a longer period of time because of staining...Well excuse us,for wanting our figures to wear clothes,we must be dumb right? :lol :slap

Pffft, clothes? This figure don't need no stinkin' clothes :lol

But I agree, staining is not :cool:

Back