ENTERBAY 1:4 scale Terminator2 T800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah sideshow does some awesome arnie sculpts thats for sure, such a shame.

I know! I can't believe the reactions in there to these really amateur looking paintjobs. If a HT figure was painted like that there'd be major uproar.

-OK I went back in and I may be exaggerating slightly, they're not totally awful

but da**** is this?

DSC00574.jpg

It's the flash, flash, flash ... flash, flash, flash ... flash flash flash flash flash

I know! I can't believe the reactions in there to these really amateur looking paintjobs. If a HT figure was painted like that there'd be major uproar.

-OK I went back in and I may be exaggerating slightly, they're not totally awful

but da**** is this?

DSC00574.jpg

Ugh, this looks almost like autobotjohn's work. What the hell, Sideshow? This is steaming ****e, plain and simple. Even without the flash, it's amazing this is what you get after spending $300+ on a PF.

The ROTLA Indy PF paint looks like ****, not Dutch :lecture

This is coming from someone that did not order this piece.

What pics of the Dutch PF have you been looking at?:lolThe paint isn't even close to good, it's terrible, Especially for the price.

What pics of the Dutch PF have you been looking at?:lolThe paint isn't even close to good, it's terrible, Especially for the price.

There are many factors to consider when judging a picture of a collectible. Lighting, camera and photographers eye are IMO the biggest factors. Many of the lousy pictures posts were taken with camera phones under less than flattering lighting conditions. I agree there have been many instances where the paint looks blah, however that is not the case when we see flattering lighting conditions with photos taken with quality equipment.

Dutchc_zpsfed973a5.jpg

IMG_4245_zps962f6652.jpg

IMG_4257_zpsd29284c8.jpg

as much as you want to disagree, these paint jobs are good and are far from terrible. I think you are caling them terrible because they are not up to par with Enterbay's paint job. and you are correct, Enterbay does have higher end finishing which Sideshow has not been able to match. But in the same breath, time and time again Sideshow's Trevor Grove Schwarzenegger sculpts are the best in the business while Enterbay's T2 1:4 sculpt still leave a lot to be desired, so we win some and lost some :wink1:

I agree. This sounds harsh, but the way I see it, Sideshow are the best collectible company in the business, at everything except the actual product. The paint is always lacking, the 1:6 figures are behind everyone else's and the poses on 99% of PF's leave a lot to be desired. I don't buy the busts or LSF's or the various other lines so I can't comment on those. Just my opinion.

I think sideshow are class, but the products need upping in quality, I ordered the episode 1 Obi Wan last week because the character is a grail, and am planning on doing lots of mods, even a repaint of the sculpts. I wan't to order more stuff from them but I won't just because I am fairly certain the end product will be poor quality.

Dutch does look much better in the pics above, but I still wouldnt consider that $400 dollars worthy.

Dutch does look much better in the pics above, but I still wouldnt consider that $400 dollars worthy.

Especially when its a luck of the draw scenario to even get one like that. The paint on that one looks neater than others I've seen, I'm thinking particularly of the hairline, but the eyes still look very basic.

Are you sure its a good idea to use 'luck of the draw' in criticsim of another company while in an Enterbay thread :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I own both the EB T2 and the new SS Dutch PF.

Honestly, before seeing this thread I hadn't really made a comparison. They are two totally different beasts.

The Dutch head is more accurate to Arnie but the EB one is better textured and quality. Personally I take likeness accuracy over paint apps and texture but to each their own.
(From very early proto shots, it seems the upcoming EB battle damaged T2 Arnie will be the ultimate likeness)

The sculpted arms on Dutch are freaking awesome and make the statue. Something a jointed figure just can't do. And even a seemless muscle figure will never look that good.
I also love statues due to the ability for muscle structure to be sculpted at correct angles. You can see his neck muscles straining correctly, his body twisting and the muscles moving as they would.

While the real leather clothing on the EB T2 is awesome to the point where it is simply unaccepatble to me for companies to use fake leather on collectibles now...
And the neutral forward pose all jointed figures have the muscles set at looks odd on most figures, but the Terminator is meant to be stiff and slightly inhuman in its stances so it works well with the figure.

They are both great in different ways.

Lol I can't say that Dutch classifies anywhere near "great" The only decent pics we've seen so far are of his sculpt half shaded out. It's laughable being priced at the $400 range too.

Back