ENTERBAY 1:4 scale Terminator2 T800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you read the instructions? It says to condition the leather (not to NOT to). Mink oil doesn't leach color from the leather, it just keeps replaces the oils in it. I own a pair of $350+ leather shoes I have to do this for every month or so, so I know what it will and will not do to the leather.

But in all seriousness, if you are that concerned about it doing anything to the plastic bits, remove the clothing (I don't oil and condition my shoes and jacket while I wear them), thats what I did. Rubbed the oil in, rubbed the excess off and placed them back on the figure when said clothes were done.

Now I WOULD NOT advise using a black polish, THAT would indeed leach into the plastic bits and stain anything it comes in contact with. This is not another rendition of the black Col. Hans Landa outfit.

Yes, but you shouldn't automatically believe everything you read. Mink Oil is great for waterproofing and keeping black leather supple on real clothes and shoes, etc, but is there really any need to do that with the figures clothing!? You must have some pretty extreme display condition if have to do that. And it will also mask the beautiful smell that it already has. It's something I might consider doing in a decade or so from now, though.

I cancelled my order about a month or so ago but I've been having the inclination of reordering it. I don't know.

The thing that gets me is the real leather, the portrait and the wood/metal guns. There's something extremely authenticate about it.

Then again, this seems like a figure that would be repeated, if you know what I mean. With this scale, I have no desire to "collect them all" and if, say a Cyberdyne or Battle Damaged version of it came out, I'd buy that one instead. Then there's the fact that Hot Toys wants to compete, who's to say they wouldn't copy?

I keep going back and forth. It's not the money really, it's the fact that it's 1/4 and I have a lot of stuff coming in and I already have quite a few Terminators. I bet as soon as I would pull the trigger there would be more on the way.

Well I don't know how much you've kept track of this thread but Enterbay have hinted that another one is on the way. We can assume it will be a Cyberdyne or BD version if that makes your decision easier.

I also would love a T800 Endo, I even dont mind a T700 Endo and the Hot Toys one is going for £150 on fleabay at the moment but I aint got the cash at the moment as its going towards Classic Pred.

If I had a choice I would get a Endo over Arnie figure but I do love the EB figure.

You Sir, are crazy :). A T-700 1/4 at this point would be so far down the pipeline you might just want to forget about it. I can almost feel a T-800 1/4 Endo on the horizon. Their is a market for it, and that has been shown time and time again with the Sideshow 1/4 statues and 1/2 and 1:1 scale displays.

You Sir, are crazy :). A T-700 1/4 at this point would be so far down the pipeline you might just want to forget about it. I can almost feel a T-800 1/4 Endo on the horizon. Their is a market for it, and that has been shown time and time again with the Sideshow 1/4 statues and 1/2 and 1:1 scale displays.

I meant I would like a new T800 and then went onto talking about the last HT T700.

Yes, but you shouldn't automatically believe everything you read. Mink Oil is great for waterproofing and keeping black leather supple on real clothes and shoes, etc, but is there really any need to do that with the figures clothing!? You must have some pretty extreme display condition if have to do that. And it will also mask the beautiful smell that it already has. It's something I might consider doing in a decade or so from now, though.

All tanned leathers need some type of conditioning from time to time. I just oiled the clothes once, ONCE (which by the way since they are not pleather and are taylor made to the line makes them "real" of a sort) so that way I don't have to think about them drying out from storage or display anytime in the near future. Either way, mine still smell like leather even after a light oiling. At least we agree that leather does need conditioning to stay supple.

All tanned leathers need some type of conditioning from time to time.

It's done when the leather is made, and probably again after the clothes are sewn. New leather only need conditioning if it's going to be exposed to excessive moisture or rain, or harsh UV from the sun, etc, In my experience, and from the literature I've read about conservation and preservation.

I cancelled my order about a month or so ago but I've been having the inclination of reordering it. I don't know.

The thing that gets me is the real leather, the portrait and the wood/metal guns. There's something extremely authenticate about it.

Then again, this seems like a figure that would be repeated, if you know what I mean. With this scale, I have no desire to "collect them all" and if, say a Cyberdyne or Battle Damaged version of it came out, I'd buy that one instead. Then there's the fact that Hot Toys wants to compete, who's to say they wouldn't copy?

I keep going back and forth. It's not the money really, it's the fact that it's 1/4 and I have a lot of stuff coming in and I already have quite a few Terminators. I bet as soon as I would pull the trigger there would be more on the way.

Honestly mate, there's not much to suggest HT would better it, if they did decide to put one out. And i'd imagine you wouldn't have a hard time shifting this version if / when Enterbay bring out the next version!

I'd say go for it especially if money is no problem and you are a Terminator fan.

The only place I see that has this is BBTS. Not sure how limited this will be buts its getting hard to find.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ALySsPXt0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ALySsPXt0[/ame]

Enterbays T2 is so beatiful. I post tomorrow some pictures of mine, batteries must be recharged

I gotta set mine up and take some pics, its an amazing Piece. Scared I'm going to break those glasses.

This thing is crazy, had anyone noticed the Harley Davidson bar and shield logo on the bottom of his boots? I love how it is almost devoid of any branding except for what actually needs to be there.

Back