ENTERBAY 1:4 scale Terminator2 T800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id'e like to get you guys opinion on something. I've recently sold some figure and have exactly enough to buy this guy right now. I originally planned to use the funds to buy a hot toys DX Jack Sparrow, and a Enterbay Scarface War version, but I'm beginning to lean toward the Enterbay T-800 now.

All of these figures are great I know, but to be honest I'm really not a huge pirates fan and I have a few issues with the Scarface figure. On the other hand I am a huge and I mean HUGE arnold Schwarzenegger fan so I kind of feel this should be an easy choice but its not. I don't have any 1/4th scale figures, so I'm not sure how well this Enterbay t-800 will fit in with my collection, and I guess that is my biggest reservation.

So what do you guys think??

You can't go wrong with the T 800. Sold out from EB and will vanish before too long............:lecture

I wouldn't have missed this figure for the world. T2 hold a very special place in my heart. It was one of the first film series that my father and I bonded over and even he was exited when this thing showed up. it is just simply stunning from every point of view, the sculpt, weapons, clothes and just shear size.

The rubber body will not be an issue since none of the moving parts cause the rubber to rub each other, nor are they exposed to sunlight unless you take his shirt off and display him like that.

Those who miss out on this will be missing something great if they are T2 or just Arnold Fans. Its the first of its kind at this high end scale point, and for matter an instant classic. Now when whomever comes out with an all metal (polished) T-800 m101 Endoskeleton I'll be all over that likes flies on ...., well you get the point.

If you have the money or have some other pieces you are willing to part with and are on the fence about this piece, go for it. It will certainly not let you down.

Did anyone here get theirs from Toys2 yet? I emailed Eric for a shipping quote on this and Superman together but no word back so far.

Mate he probably worked it out and fainted upon seeing the amount!

You weren't entirely wrong. Got my response. Shipping cost is grim. Damned Canada Post. :gah:

But, I've had Toys2 holding loads of stuff for me, I want these figures. I'll proceed with these purchases...but dayum...

Mate you should just go with OSB or somewhere else, eBay maybe. Shipping isn't too bad from the foreign sellers and that's for EMS which gets there in like 3 days!

Mate you should just go with OSB or somewhere else, eBay maybe. Shipping isn't too bad from the foreign sellers and that's for EMS which gets there in like 3 days!

Y'know I may have to in future but it looks bad if, after having Eric hold a whole bunch of figures for me for months at this stage, I then go 'sorry mate, not taking them'. Its not his fault Canada shipping is so expensive.

Well I just conditioned the leather for the first time (couldn't hurt, and I was already doing my shoes and motorcycle jacket) now it feels smooth. Just a friendly reminder to condition it once in a while (especially if its out on display for long periods).

Well I just conditioned the leather for the first time (couldn't hurt, and I was already doing my shoes and motorcycle jacket) now it feels smooth. Just a friendly reminder to condition it once in a while (especially if its out on display for long periods).

What did that entail? I've never 'conditioned' anything leather I've ever owned.

I wouldn't touch it with anything or chances are it'll stain the rubber torso. I already see a very faint black frost from the shirt or jacket starting to stain the rubber.

What did that entail? I've never 'conditioned' anything leather I've ever owned.

To be honest, just rubbing some (and by some I mean a VERY, VERY small amount) mink oil into the jacket, pants and boots via soft cloth. It probably wont need it anytime soon since it isn't exposed to UV rays and the weather like my gear is.

To be honest, just rubbing some (and by some I mean a VERY, VERY small amount) mink oil into the jacket, pants and boots via soft cloth. It probably wont need it anytime soon since it isn't exposed to UV rays and the weather like my gear is.

Mink Oil would definitely cause the leather to leak black pigment from the jacket, etc. over time. Who knows what it would do to the rubber and plastic.

I cancelled my order about a month or so ago but I've been having the inclination of reordering it. I don't know.

The thing that gets me is the real leather, the portrait and the wood/metal guns. There's something extremely authenticate about it.

Then again, this seems like a figure that would be repeated, if you know what I mean. With this scale, I have no desire to "collect them all" and if, say a Cyberdyne or Battle Damaged version of it came out, I'd buy that one instead. Then there's the fact that Hot Toys wants to compete, who's to say they wouldn't copy?

I keep going back and forth. It's not the money really, it's the fact that it's 1/4 and I have a lot of stuff coming in and I already have quite a few Terminators. I bet as soon as I would pull the trigger there would be more on the way.

Mink Oil would definitely cause the leather to leak black pigment from the jacket, etc. over time. Who knows what it would do to the rubber and plastic.

Did you read the instructions? It says to condition the leather (not to NOT to). Mink oil doesn't leach color from the leather, it just keeps replaces the oils in it. I own a pair of $350+ leather shoes I have to do this for every month or so, so I know what it will and will not do to the leather.

But in all seriousness, if you are that concerned about it doing anything to the plastic bits, remove the clothing (I don't oil and condition my shoes and jacket while I wear them), thats what I did. Rubbed the oil in, rubbed the excess off and placed them back on the figure when said clothes were done.

Now I WOULD NOT advise using a black polish, THAT would indeed leach into the plastic bits and stain anything it comes in contact with. This is not another rendition of the black Col. Hans Landa outfit.

I cancelled my order about a month or so ago but I've been having the inclination of reordering it. I don't know.

The thing that gets me is the real leather, the portrait and the wood/metal guns. There's something extremely authenticate about it.

Then again, this seems like a figure that would be repeated, if you know what I mean. With this scale, I have no desire to "collect them all" and if, say a Cyberdyne or Battle Damaged version of it came out, I'd buy that one instead. Then there's the fact that Hot Toys wants to compete, who's to say they wouldn't copy?

I keep going back and forth. It's not the money really, it's the fact that it's 1/4 and I have a lot of stuff coming in and I already have quite a few Terminators. I bet as soon as I would pull the trigger there would be more on the way.

If you are on the fence (as I was before I sold my HT T2 T-800) I say you should buy it. I am not a collect them all type of guy either, and the only piece that would be from this line that would attract me to open my wallet again would be a 1/4 T-800 Endoskeleton in the proper metal chrome plating. :pray:

This piece is amazing, not to say it doesn't have faults but if you are interested and have the funds I highly suggest going for it.

I also would love a T800 Endo, I even dont mind a T700 Endo and the Hot Toys one is going for £150 on fleabay at the moment but I aint got the cash at the moment as its going towards Classic Pred.

If I had a choice I would get a Endo over Arnie figure but I do love the EB figure.

Do you guys think there will be any left at current prices of this in a few months time?

They will probably keep making them as long as people keep ordering them. It's still available for $400 (EMS shipping included) directly from the Enterbay site.

Back