Enterbay 1:4 scale t2 endoskeleton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So let me get this straight...Hot Toys has the T1 endo, and Enterbay has the T2 endo?

Maybe I'm a little rusty on my Terminator endo knowledge but are there any differences between the two in the films?

So let me get this straight...Hot Toys has the T1 endo, and Enterbay has the T2 endo?

Maybe I'm a little rusty on my Terminator endo knowledge but are there any differences between the two in the films?

There should be but there won't be. HT have essentially just made a T2 endo under the T1 banner because thats the easiest one to referance and every other company bases on T2 for the most part.

There should be but there won't be. HT have essentially just made a T2 endo under the T1 banner because thats the easiest one to referance and every other company bases on T2 for the most part.

Ah that makes sense then, thanks bud.

I should have clarified that yes there are differences between the screen-used endos of both films (and there are more knowledgeable chaps than I to detail those) but these will not be represented by the toys.

Its been a bit of a disappointment for a few of us. HT got us excited calling it a T1 endoskeleton only for it to be pretty much just the T2 one again. Some people would actually like to see an endo specifically based on T1.

Huh?? HT is a T1 Endo.

At least this EB figure will look great with red eyes...

DEVIL666LOLZ.jpg

:lol

I have to get one 1:4 Endo and one only due to limited space, thus I'm curious which will be better in terms of accuracy, details, poseability of body & parts, price etc. between EB and HT

So, you're saying there are no differences between the endos of the two movies then? If its the same puppets in both movies it would follow that there are no differences.

I have to get one 1:4 Endo and one only due to limited space, thus I'm curious which will be better in terms of accuracy, details, poseability of body & parts, price etc. between EB and HT

The EB figure will look alright, but I would be more worried about it falling apart or suffering major QC issues that you'll end up wasting time/money on. They just don't have the experience. we haven't even see what they have to offer yet, they only showed a pic of the Sideshow 1:1 endo so far for some strange reason... :lol

So, you're saying there are no differences between the endos of the two movies then? If its the same puppets in both movies it would follow that there are no differences.

No. There were puppets and full scale endos, etc. The stop motion parts of T-1 and T-2 used the same SWS puppets in both movies.

The full scale endos and other props have very slight differences in appearance. Some things had more detail than others and it varied depending on what purpose they were used for when shooting the movie.

Same here, and I'm sure there are many others in the same situation. I'd like to have the closest representation, so it's either EB's or HT's endo. Not both.

Then I really wish I knew exactly what HT based their figure on. Or was it some combination of puppet/full scale endo referance or what...

If the figure comes out with T2 type forearms and hands we'll know they certainly didn't use the 1:1 stuff from T1 as referance because those are certainly T1-specific in their detail. Pics in the other thread proved that much.

I don''t think the hands were specific -- I'll have to check -- but that sort of extra detail is really going to weaken the fingers and make them very fragile if EB or HT made them 'super accurate' to one version or another.

You just have to accept that nothing is going to be perfect in this hobby and that there are limitation to mass produced products. When you've been collecting for a long time that stuff becomes all too apparent.

I don''t think the hands were specific -- I'll have to check -- but that sort of extra detail is really going to weaken the fingers and make them very fragile if EB or HT made them 'super accurate' to one version or another.

The hand and finger construction is definitely different in T1. But you may have a point about how it would translate to a smaller scale action figure. Its possible they're aware of the difference and deliberately chose not to for reasons of stability and function in a toy.

Got any photo references for that? I know the feet are slightly different --at least the legs/torso section that they used for the 'walking up the stair' scene in T-1. The stop motion puppets are definitely the same ones used in T-1 according to SWS, though.

Its possible they're aware of the difference and deliberately chose not to for reasons of stability and function in a toy.

It's not unique to poseable figures.

But probably. That and the load that the feet and hands have to carry. Could you imagine the buzz around this place if people started breaking their figures while simply posing them because the parts were way too fragile... :lol

The HT 1/6 T-800/700 version still has a great balance of structural functionality/durability and detail for it's scale. I hope the 1/4 scale has the shoulder articulation similar to their T-600, though. I would be very surprised if it didn't

Last edited:
Got any photo references for that? I know the feet are slightly different --at least the legs/torso section that they used for the 'walking up the stair' scene in T-1.

I actually find it harder to tell the difference with the feet but heres T1 screengrabs of the hands:

atermSub237j_small.jpg

atermSub241d_small.jpg

atermSub237m_small.jpg

Tried to find good shots of an onscreen T2 endo hand but couldn't find a single one at any of my usual sites. But, if my endo-related figures are anything to go by, this T1 hand is different, albeit upon close inspection.

The stop motion puppets are definitely the same ones used in T-1 according to SWS, though.

Yeah I think I remember that being said in DVD extras actually.

I hope the 1/4 scale has the shoulder articulation similar to their T-600, though. I would be very surprised if it didn't

I was talking to Endosickness about that, we can't tell if it has that extra shoulder movement from the T-600s and we really think it should, especially because of the larger scale. If it doesn't, why not??

That's not even Enterbay's. It's the Sideshow 1:1 statue that Bill photographed for some reason.

Back