ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - The Joker Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not for me. Really can't see any Ledger in any of the Hot Toys sculpts, and that goes for all "tries" they had.
The EB Joker blows all their relentless tries out of the water.

I can understand why you think it blows Hot Toys sculpts out of the water with all their failed attempts because of Yulli, because most of her sculpts even this new one look cartoony. Her bank robber one doesnt look cartoony but it looks nothing like Ledger either, except on certain angles.

I am buying the Joker 2.0 sculpt because of the realistic laughing sculpt and the regular one looks like a cartoony Ledger Joker, but a Ledger Joker nevertheless.

I think this enterbay one is more realistic than any of Yullis but I really hate how the face is stretched. Plus, I am not interested in buying 1/4 figures.

I can understand why you think it blows Hot Toys sculpts out of the water with all their failed attempts because of Yulli, because most of her sculpts even this new one look cartoony. Her bank robber one doesnt look cartoony but it looks nothing like Ledger either, except on certain angles.

I am buying the Joker 2.0 sculpt because of the realistic laughing sculpt and the regular one looks like a cartoony Ledger Joker, but a Ledger Joker nevertheless.

I think this enterbay one is more realistic than any of Yullis but I really hate how the face is stretched. Plus, I am not interested in buying 1/4 figures.

I love the EB HS, for me it looks spot on.

Yeah, Yuli pretty much sucks at sculpting Ledger. She needs to give it to someone else IF HT has any plans to release any more Jokers. I really never liked any of her Ledger sculpts, and that includes the new one too.

I'm the opposite, I collect 1/4, not 1/6.

Those pics are excellent!! I may have to eat some crow and get Batman afterall.

eating_crow.jpg
:rolleyes:

Not for me. Really can't see any Ledger in any of the Hot Toys sculpts, and that goes for all "tries" they had.
The EB Joker blows all their relentless tries out of the water.

I love the EB HS, for me it looks spot on.

Yeah, Yuli pretty much sucks at sculpting Ledger. She needs to give it to someone else IF HT has any plans to release any more Jokers. I really never liked any of her Ledger sculpts, and that includes the new one too.

I'm the opposite, I collect 1/4, not 1/6.

Yulli pretty much sucks at everything, that is why Kojun took over for Wayne sculpts.

I would like to collect 1/4 because I would think the clothes would be easier to tailor but not enough space if you want a lot of figures. :(

Just like I have no space to put the Batmobile. :slap

Plus I just think 1/4 is too big for an action figure. I think 1/5 scale would be better because 1/6th maybe too small because the Joker suit is hard to tailor at that scale.

I wasn't really expecting much of anything, because in my eyes EB doesn't have enough of a track record for me to start doing that. But the product we're getting just doesn't seem to cut it. And the issues go beyond likeness, which to my eyes isn't really superior to anything Yulli has done recently. I'm willing to accept a likeness that isn't perfect as long as it is good enough, but when enough factors come together in the wrong way like they seem to do here, it's not gonna work. I'm only willing to lower expectations so far.

Same here for everything. I really wanted to like this. I have no problem mixing scales, and based on my one PF, a big figure has crazy amounts of eye catching ability. But I just don't like this, overall.

This isn't some attempt to make people who are happy about this think twice. If people like this, that's awesome, I'm genuinely glad they're happy with this.

Same here for everything. I really wanted to like this. I have no problem mixing scales, and based on my one PF, a big figure has crazy amounts of eye catching ability. But I just don't like this, overall.

This isn't some attempt to make people who are happy about this think twice. If people like this, that's awesome, I'm genuinely glad they're happy with this.

PFs are different to action figures, since they seem to be heavier and more like a statue. I have always found 1/4 scale figures to be very light and not able to stand well, but I am going back ten years here, maybe things have changed? :dunno

I have found that 1/6 scale figures seem to be able to stand on their own, even with so much articulation. I had a 1/4 scale figure that had the same articulation but was light for it's size and could not stand well.

PFs are different to action figures, since they seem to be heavier and more like a statue. I have always found 1/4 scale figures to be very light and not able to stand well, but I am going back ten years here, maybe things have changed? :dunno

I only brought PFs up to compare a bigger format to the 1/6 that makes up the rest of my collection.

I have found that 1/6 scale figures seem to be able to stand on their own, even with so much articulation. I had a 1/4 scale figure that had the same articulation but was light for it's size and could not stand well.

Which 1/4 figures you are referring too?

I have no problems whatsoever leaving my EB 1/4 pieces standing on their own.

Yes, things have changed. And these are high quality figures we are talking here.

I'm 100% sure that you REALLY shouldn't worry about this.
You won't change anyone's mind, don't worry about that.
People that like it, REEEEEALLY like it and will still be buying. ;)

Yeah congrats to anyone who bought/is buying this and is happy with it. But for me, I haven't seen a single in-hand pic OR video of this figure where it doesn't look pretty terrible. EB's Batman is nice though.

Which 1/4 figures you are referring too?

I have no problems whatsoever leaving my EB 1/4 pieces standing on their own.

Yes, things have changed. And these are high quality figures we are talking here.

Ahh really old ones not worth mentioning.

These 1/4 scale figures look like real people, especially the Batman begins figure.

I still do not like the Joker but not because it is 1/4 scale, I hate the stretched out face, but I still may buy it because it looks like 1:1 scale. Where as the Hot Toys ones look like little action figures now.

Yeah congrats to anyone who bought/is buying this and is happy with it. But for me, I haven't seen a single in-hand pic OR video of this figure where it doesn't look pretty terrible. EB's Batman is nice though.

I first thought it looked terrible because it does look bad in every pic I have seen, but in the video review it did not look too bad and I think it looks ok, but it does not amaze me and it isn't tempting IMO.

Pretty terribly awesome, you mean?

Awesomely terrible. :wave

:yess:

I first thought it looked terrible because it does look bad in every pic I have seen, but in the video review it did not look too bad and I think it looks ok, but it does not amaze me and it isn't tempting IMO.

Yeah, we got it that you don't like it. No reason to keep repeating things over and over trying to spoil the fun for the people that does

Sorry Devil, is there something wrong with your internet? It keeps reposting the same things :cuckoo:

:1-1:

Back