ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - The Joker Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6702cce9jw1dveq81ffkjj.jpg

Looks too Asian.

First off, where was it even confirmed that EB exclusively has the license? Second, I have no doubt in my mind that HT will find a way, and it will be awesome.

I'm serious. Howard Chan's a tricky little fella. Maybe he'll have a meeting with Bill where he says "sign away the exclusivity of the TDK license, and we won't sue your ass for infringing on our interchangeable faces patent.":lecture

Fanboyism at its most obvious

I'm not a fanboy. Bill's blatant dickishness has kind of left a bad impression, but I'm willing to admit when they've got something good. Case in point: the HD Batman. I think it looks fantastic, and, depending on how the QC turns out, I'm probably going to buy it. This, on the other hand; this sucks some major scuzz. I think the DX 11 looks a helluva lot more like Ledger, and I think that, from here, there's nowhere to go but up. :lecture

Hmm. Nah. Enterbay aren't promoting the change of faces so I don't think HT have a case.

Pretty sure they do. It doesn't matter if they don't promote it or not. Their intentions are pretty obvious when the faces are attached via magnets and have nothing keeping them permanently fixed.

I'm not sure licensing works like that. Hot Toys wouldn't be able to just say to EB ' hand over the 1:4 license '. WB have to give the go ahead.

I never said they could, but I'm sure the exclusivity part could be negotiated, thus, providing an opening for HT.

Well it would have to look better than their 1:4 TDKR Batman. That thing looks way off in every department.

Pretty sure they do. It doesn't matter if they don't promote it or not. Their intentions are pretty obvious when the faces are attached via magnets and have nothing keeping them permanently fixed.

Perhaps it's just that I'm a simple man but I can't see those interchangeable mouths as being patentable, I see that as like trying to patent switchable hands. The system for doing it they might be able to patent, depending on how particular it is, but just the act of being able to swap mouths, I don't think that's anything HT can have ownership over.

I remember though that they did make an announcement about having a patent (or was is that they had the patent pending?) but looking up the specs for their 1/4 and 1/6 Batmans there's no mention of a patent that I can see. Am I missing something? They specifically say PERS is patented but they don't say that for the mouths.

EDIT: I found the post of Facebook here. It stated patent pending. Seeing as no item description that I can see lists it as patented I'm going to speculate... patent denied!

Well it would have to look better than their 1:4 TDKR Batman. That thing looks way off in every department.

Batman heads? Definitely. BW head? Nope; needs tweaking, but not worse than EB's. Suit? Undersuit and batsymbol. So, it's not off in every department. The one thing that impressed me the most about EB's is that Batman is the best part. It's not a Wayne head, or accessories that are drawing me in, it's the way it looks as Batman (which is amazing).

Perhaps it's just that I'm a simple man but I can't see those interchangeable mouths as being patentable, I see that as like trying to patent switchable hands. The system for doing it they might be able to patent, depending on how particular it is, but just the act of being able to swap mouths, I don't think that's anything HT can have ownership over.

I remember though that they did make an announcement about having a patent (or was is that they had the patent pending?) but looking up the specs for their 1/4 and 1/6 Batmans there's no mention of a patent that I can see. Am I missing something? They specifically say PERS is patented but they don't say that for the mouths.

It was pending at the time of the announcement, but I'm not sure about now. If it is/ if they do manage to patent it, Bill is royally ____ed.

Back