ENTERBAY :Pirates of the Caribbean

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

Or they could just close up shop. :lol:lol
LOL! That's what it's beginning to look like. :D

We do need Enterbay, however, if only to keep HT on their toes and to keep thinking that their is a 'competitor'. I use this word lightly as I'm not sure there is a competent competitor at the moment. :(

LOL! That's what it's beginning to look like. :D

We do need Enterbay, however, if only to keep HT on their toes and to keep thinking that their is a 'competitor'. I use this word lightly as I'm not sure there is a competent competitor at the moment. :(

EB's artists would be better off breaking away to form their own company. Or maybe they could just team up with Blitzway ;)

I gotta say, accessories and costume aside, Enterbay's sculpt wipes the floor with Hot Toys (both of them)...

I gotta say, accessories and costume aside, Enterbay's sculpt wipes the floor with Hot Toys (both of them)...

Do you mean both head sculpts? How do you know that the smiling HS will end up exactly as shown in the initial proto pics? :dunno

I've yet to find a thread where EB isn't getting bashed. :monkey1

Although I'm passing on this and opted for the HT Jack, I still think EB is crucial to our hobby. If they went under and HT was the only big fish in the pond, the figure quality would depreciate and the price would inflate.

Re: ENTERBAY :Pirates of the Caribbean

I've yet to find a thread where EB isn't getting bashed. :monkey1

Although I'm passing on this and opted for the HT Jack, I still think EB is crucial to our hobby. If they went under and HT was the only big fish in the pond, the figure quality would depreciate and the price would inflate.

Gotta disagree with that, but you are probably correct about inflating prices.

Gotta disagree with that, but you are probably correct about inflating prices.

I feel that way b/c if HT were the only big player in the market, they really wouldn't be compelled to put in that extra effort in the sculpts, clothing or accessories. There would be no incentive for them to do so with a lack of competition don't you think?

What competition is Enterbay to them now, especially considering the licenses that ht has? They're not in direct competition with them, as in, same licenses, so if they wanted they would've drop the quality of their figures right now.

Do you mean both head sculpts? How do you know that the smiling HS will end up exactly as shown in the initial proto pics?

Yeah, I'm referring to the two headsculpts Hot Toys initially showed us. I doubt the final 'smiling' headsculpt will end up being vastly improved...It could end up being great, but from what I've seen Enterbay's prototype is FAR superior in terms of likeness to Depp.

However, I do realise that Enterbay's proto to final production can sometimes leave some to be desired.

What competition is Enterbay to them now, especially considering the licenses that ht has? They're not in direct competition with them, as in, same licenses, so if they wanted they would've drop the quality of their figures right now.

They are in direct competition.

Both are company's that specialize in producing high end toys of the same 1/6 scale and are competing to put out products that we will want to buy for our collection displays.

Both HT and Eb have licenses to produce Bruce Lee figures & Pirates of the Caribbean btw.

It seems EB has some trouble lately.
EB is releasing the final product of Bruce Lee- Game of Death in HK.
Reading a forum in HK, people are complaining that the head sculpt's likeness and body proportion is much poor than the prototype. Some people even plan to give up the deposit as a whole. I hope this situation will not happen in this Jack.

Well everytime I ask EB about the Jack Sparrow, they tell me to refer to and ask Medicom. The reason being that EB only did the sculpt for this fgure, everything else (clothes and accessories) are from Medicom. To be honest, I feel it's a bit unfair if anyone complains to EB about anything besides the sculpt. The paint won't be EB's fault either as the figure is being entirely produced from Medicom's manufacturer, so I can almost guarantee that the paint apps won't be as good as this proto. But who knows, seeing as it's one ov their more expensive figures maybe they may step up and surprise us but I'm not holding my breath

The paint won't be EB's fault either as the figure is being entirely produced from Medicom's manufacturer, so I can almost guarantee that the paint apps won't be as good as this proto.

I may be wrong, but i think all of the headsculpts for these figures in the 'Ultimate Unison' series are sculpted AND painted by Enterbay...

The proto is painted by EB but as insaid before, the production of this piece, i.e. what we will be getting in hand is by Medicom. EB has told me about 3 times they are only distributing Jack Sparrow and any questions about the production or release date of Jack Sparrow should be directed to Medicom. They're very good about answering questions on their FB page which is where I've recently asked. other times were in emails. From their tone, they really seem like once they made the sculpt, everything else was up to Medicom and they don't know anything else. :dunno

Hey Heidi Hey!

Theres a Snake in my Boot!

Reach for the Sky!

Oh wait....wrong character. :p
I still have my Freddy Kruger with the pull string still works too...Ive said this before but after reading many post about these 2 sculpts I think it comes down to an individuals perception. Personally IMO the HT is the better sculpt, just like the HT Godfather was the better sculpt to me. But some people saw it different.

^^ I'm going for the EB sculpt for Jack but I'm definitely sticking with the HT version for an all round package. I like the HT Godfather over EB version but I don't think it's as superior as some make out but that's just me.

Back