ENTERBAY :Pirates of the Caribbean

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The head is quite clearly superior to HT's. They have their work cut out to outshine it with their smiling head

Seems like this is the consensus among the Depp/POTC fans, but for me I prefer the HT sculpt. Its not because I can't see the likeness, I just don't think the expression is how I see Jack Sparrow. This suits me fine, as I'm happy to pick up the cheaper, better accessorised, arguably better constructed and better tailored HT figure. If the smiling sculpt is spot on then that's just icing on the cake.

After reading over this thread it's clear that Enterbay/Medicom is not the Ultimation Unison. It's Enterbay HS/Hot Toys everything else. :lol Too bad that will never happen.

Again, unless the in hand comparision come out and I strongly prefer one over the other, I think I'll end up picking up parts at Toy Anxiety for my Jack.

I think we will be seeing Blackbeard as well as Barbossa this time. But Gibbs, Teague and the other Pearl crew are a long shot at best.

Oh and Id buy a HT Gibbs.

I think you're right but dammit, I want Teague.

Doesn't Hot Toys know who he actually is?
There is a market there for Keef beyond just the pirates movie.

Re: ENTERBAY :pirates of the Caribbean

lejuan said:
Seems like this is the consensus among the Depp/POTC fans, but for me I prefer the HT sculpt. Its not because I can't see the likeness, I just don't think the expression is how I see Jack Sparrow.

6a853733jw1dhhl2wn4cjj.jpg

jack_sparrow800.jpg

Looks pretty sparrow to me :)

Yup, but too bad the rest of the figure is inferior. No way would I buy a figure just because of a sculpt.

Sadly, that's true. I love eb's headsculpt but won't buy it, because from the neck down is inferior (from the body to the clothing).

This is random, but at least semi-relevent: I wonder how much the articulation in the neck is going to be affected by the hair? Jack's dreads are much longer in OST which is reflected in both the EB and HT sculpts.

WOW. I couldn't help but notice 6,000 units available now!!!!!!! :horror They will be fortunate to sell half of those at this price. The ship in a bottle is the worst looking accessory I have seen with a high end collectible.:cuckoo:
I had planned on getting this figure as well as the HT version. Now I will just be getting two HT Captain Jacks.

Re: ENTERBAY ?Pirates of the Caribbean

WOW. I couldn't help but notice 6,000 units available now!!!!!!! :horror They will be fortunate to sell half of those at this price. The ship in a bottle is the worst looking accessory I have seen with a high end collectible.:cuckoo:
I had planned on getting this figure as well as the HT version. Now I will just be getting two HT Captain Jacks.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL So why two? :lol

Sadly, that's true. I love eb's headsculpt but won't buy it, because from the neck down is inferior (from the body to the clothing).

well IMO the jacket on this UU figure is much better than the HT one as well. so not everything from the waist down :monkey1

Last edited:
This is random, but at least semi-relevent: I wonder how much the articulation in the neck is going to be affected by the hair? Jack's dreads are much longer in OST which is reflected in both the EB and HT sculpts.

Hot Toys' hair uses same rubber material Berserker Pred does... so the articulation will be fine.

Enterbay really needs to rethink their strategy here.
If they're not going to add more accessories, then they need to sell this for less than HT's Jack.

Back