English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha ha ,no not that i saw lol ,but i thought this was a interesting opinion as to why ADM was sent off ,that the ref had failed to stamp his authority on the game early on and had to do something to restore control ,see post below

"He should have dealt with the diving when Welbeck dived, or when Sanchez first dived, or when Di Maria first dived, not when Di Maria took his 3rd or 4th tumble in the 80th minute.

He let a fair few players get away with repeated fouls, meaning that a number of them should have been on thin ice, and thus on their best behaviour, when the game got heated as United chased an equaliser. As it was, they were able to continue putting in niggly fouls and cynical tackles, and still they were escaping punishment.

He set a precedent for awarding yellow cards for cynical tackles, and rightly so, but, as with the diving, he was inconsistent with this and let Bellerin off a blatant second yellow. This then created a situation where the intensity of the match was high, tempers were now flaring, and he had zero control of the match because there were about 5 or 6 players on the pitch that should have been on yellows but weren't.

Tempers were too flared on both sides for sudden card waving to make a difference, but he clearly realised the game had got beyond him and made a desperate attempt to sort it out. Di Maria's dive presented the perfect opportunity for a card, and you could see in his eyes as soon as he felt his shirt tugged that he was going to send him off as a last ditch effort to gain some control of the match.

It didn't work though because we ended up with a situation where Rojo probably should have walked for two bookable offences, the first of which he got away with, Fellaini probably could have gone for just tripping people up all game, Monreal's handball should have been his second yellow, but he somehow avoided a booking at all, Ramsey should have gone when he kicked the ball away after fouling Young, and obviously Bellerin should have walked. It wasn't a particularly dirty match, but because he let it get out of hand, we ended up with at least 5 players that probably should have been sent off on top of the one that did get sent off. If he had control of the game and had dealt with the situations appropriately earlier in the game, Di Maria wouldn't have been reacting to a booking for diving with such anger, Rojo wouldn't have been charging people down like a madman, Fellaini would have had to calm himself down a lot earlier, Monreal probably wouldn't have been lowering his arm to stop the ball, and Ramsey wouldn't have been kicking the ball away petulantly."

anyway water under the bridge now and roll on spurs on sunday

Interesting read and fair call to. In general the stardard of reffing is quite poor normally anyhow. I don't watch too many games that at least don't have a couple of howlers in them. I know they have to make some mistakes but lately I'm seeing a lot of big ones.

Interesting read and fair call to. In general the stardard of reffing is quite poor normally anyhow. I don't watch too many games that at least don't have a couple of howlers in them. I know they have to make some mistakes but lately I'm seeing a lot of big ones.

cheers mate they definitely need to sort out some consistency :duff

anyway i saw these photo shops of "englands lion "tm john terry ,terry butcher " big joe hart ,cracked me up ,thought you guys might find them as funny ,
original picture ,not sure what joes doing here ,maybe out of his area and going for a headed clearance?
80955.jpg

then theres the shops lol
CTRuMkw.jpg

lN1DTbG.gif

image.jpg
KQiBdMJ.jpg

dd1.jpg
matrix.jpg

flappy%20hart%202.jpg
cannon%20hart_zpsbmzojyqp.jpg

JOE1.jpg
REDEEMER.jpg
2qiy70w.jpg
lol

United followed the result against Spurs with another decent performance particularly in the first half and beat one of their rivals for the Champions League places and in doing so have given themselves a 5-point cushion in the top 4.

Things are starting to click at just the right time and confidence should be high even with some tough games still to get through.

A fantastic display from Juan Mata who's proven exactly why he should always be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Great first half display from the Devils. I was a little disappointed that they didn't go for the kill after Gerrard was sent off.
And Goodness! Where was Rooney's head at today? Missed sitters and such a tame freaking penalty.

Anyways, all eyes on Hull now. A fierce game from them so far. Need them to whup Chelsea

CAt3CgpXEAAjCFP.jpg

haha king kenny lol:cuckoo:
I wonder if he is doing a whip round to get some t-shirts made to support Skrtel, just incase the FA charge him.

10981157_1359400040766875_4656296016879135205_n.jpg

Apologised to everyone except the guy he stamped on. Just about sums him up.

Steive gerrard gerrard
Came on in the second half
He went for a early bath
Steive gerrard gerrard

Last edited:
Gerrard stamps on Herrera.

Apologises to his manager and Liverpool fans....not Herrera.

Di Maria gets sent off.....LVG said "He had no excuse"

Gerrard gets sent off.....Rodgers PRAISES him for being honest and essentially admitting he set out to cripple Herrera. As if that makes it alright :cuckoo:

Skrtel stamps on De Gea. Rodgers says "he's not that kind of lad" despite numerous evidence to the contrary.

After all the hysteria from ex-Liverpool players turned pundits over the Diego Costa incident, their attitude over Gerrard and Skrtel has been very telling.

If they were truly impartial they should have done a "Liverpool's Crimes" video package and demanded lengthy bans for Gerrard and Skrtel.

All their hypocrisy has achieved is prove Jose Mourinho right about media bias against Chelsea,

Manchester United legend Roy Keane has mocked Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard during a fundraising event for Waterford United.

The retired Republic of Ireland international, who enjoyed some great battles with the former England star, was asked which players Manchester United should attempt to sign this summer.

He suggested Paul Pogba and Seamus Coleman, according to the Irish Independent, but when Gerrard’s name popped up Keane responded by saying: "No, we want to try win something.”

hahaha great stuff roy

Back