English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are just so efficient. Arsenal never looked like breaking thru today. I think costa will get better as well. His only issue is his fitness.

Ronaldo has just got his 3rd hat trick in 15 days.

Welbeck took over 4 years to get one :lol

United are back into the top 4 thanks to goals from Di Maria and Falcao and some fantastic saves from De Gea.

Whether they'll stay there in the short term is questionable as they've two very tough games coming up against Chelsea and City but if they can pick up enough points to stay there or thereabouts by the time the next transfer window opens and some more decent defenders can be bought then I reckon they've a very good chance of achieving the goal of getting back into Europe.

United are back into the top 4 thanks to goals from Di Maria and Falcao and some fantastic saves from De Gea.

Whether they'll stay there in the short term is questionable as they've two very tough games coming up against Chelsea and City but if they can pick up enough points to stay there or thereabouts by the time the next transfer window opens and some more decent defenders can be bought then I reckon they've a very good chance of achieving the goal of getting back into Europe.

29 different players played the first 7 matches,,yet need more signings and they take digs at chelsea and city for buying trophies

:lol

Once there is a settled squad without the ridiculous amount of injuries, I think we'll see even more solid performances. Then top 4 shouldn't be a problem as I don't see many teams who can challenge at the moment. Although maybe Liverpool will improve once Sturridge comes back.

Arsenal will finish 4th, so that's already settled. I think we can come in 3rd.

Once there is a settled squad without the ridiculous amount of injuries, I think we'll see even more solid performances. Then top 4 shouldn't be a problem as I don't see many teams who can challenge at the moment. Although maybe Liverpool will improve once Sturridge comes back.

Arsenal will finish 4th, so that's already settled. I think we can come in 3rd.

Speaking of injuries, there's reports that Paddy McNair has a hamstring problem and will be out for 3 weeks so the curse of the defence strikes again :gah:

Roy Keane's new book is out this week. Based on the extracts I've read so far he could have saved himself a lot of time if he'd just done a poster that said "I hated everyone I ever worked with except Ronaldo" :rotfl

Speaking of injuries, there's reports that Paddy McNair has a hamstring problem and will be out for 3 weeks so the curse of the defence strikes again :gah:

Roy Keane's new book is out this week. Based on the extracts I've read so far he could have saved himself a lot of time if he'd just done a poster that said "I hated everyone I ever worked with except Ronaldo" :rotfl

Really? Dammit... it would be nice if someone like Fellaini got injured again instead of players that are important. :lol

:rotfl :rotfl

That is spot on. :lol

Really? Dammit... it would be nice if someone like Fellaini got injured again instead of players that are important. :lol

:rotfl :rotfl

That is spot on. :lol

Fellaini has to be kept fit enough to keep him in the shop window, I just hope his presence in the team is restricted to substitute appearances where he gets sarcastic applause every time he completes a pass :lol

The audio version of Keano's book will probably be a LOT of bleeps mixed in with names of people he worked with :rotfl

Fellaini has to be kept fit enough to keep him in the shop window, I just hope his presence in the team is restricted to substitute appearances where he gets sarcastic applause every time he completes a pass :lol

The audio version of Keano's book will probably be a LOT of bleeps mixed in with names of people he worked with :rotfl

That's true, but not sure if anyone wants him. :lol

If there actually is an audiobook version, that would be brilliant. :lol

Damn international break again. :mad:

International breaks are the worst enemy of football... behind corruption. And maybe diving. :lol

That's true, but not sure if anyone wants him. :lol

If there actually is an audiobook version, that would be brilliant. :lol

International breaks are the worst enemy of football... behind corruption. And maybe diving. :lol

That thought did cross my mind about Fellaini but after a dodgy start the chief executive is starting to find his feet, he got Di Maria and Falcao without European football to offer and got Arsenal to pay £16 million of actual money for Welbeck so I think he should be able to find someone to offload Fellaini to.

I laughed when I saw Keano's ghostwriter was Roddy Doyle as his original novels usually have a lot of swearing in it :lol

Falcao & RVP were both on target during the international break, hope they can do the same against West Brom at the weekend.

That thought did cross my mind about Fellaini but after a dodgy start the chief executive is starting to find his feet, he got Di Maria and Falcao without European football to offer and got Arsenal to pay £16 million of actual money for Welbeck so I think he should be able to find someone to offload Fellaini to.

I laughed when I saw Keano's ghostwriter was Roddy Doyle as his original novels usually have a lot of swearing in it :lol

Falcao & RVP were both on target during the international break, hope they can do the same against West Brom at the weekend.

That's also true, he did somehow manage to find a club that payed real money for Welbeck. Maybe Woodward can weave some magic once again. :lol

I think Falcao will start to score regularly now. His first for United was important, but another recent goal for Colombia will give him even more confidence.

West Brom 2-2 Man Utd

Another frustrating result due to the dodgy defending but going forward they're great to watch.

I've been as critical as anyone of Fellaini but I was pleased that something finally went right for him in United colors and playing the same kind of role he did at Everton he did very well, scoring a great goal and using his physicality to rattle West Brom's defenders for the rest of the game.

Long term I still can't see him being kept but if he can repeat last night's performance he can do a job as an impact sub for the time being.

van Gaal has talked a lot about the side not being balanced enough and I think the right wing is one area that needs looking at, Adnan Januzaj is looking increasingly like a flash in the pan and if someone suitable becomes available in the next couple of windows then he should be snapped up as United can't afford to to piss about waiting for potential that may never fully develop.

I also think another striker may soon be required as RVP is offering increasingly little, he was unlucky with his one chance that hit the post but aside from that did nothing, Falcao was far busier when he came on and of the 3 main strikers on the books at the moment he'd be the one I'd make first choice.

The next 2 games are as tough as they come and if they get anything from them it would have to go down as a suprise but with United's attack I wouldn't rule anything out as even Chelsea and City can have off days.

West Brom 2-2 Man Utd

Another frustrating result due to the dodgy defending but going forward they're great to watch.

I've been as critical as anyone of Fellaini but I was pleased that something finally went right for him in United colors and playing the same kind of role he did at Everton he did very well, scoring a great goal and using his physicality to rattle West Brom's defenders for the rest of the game.

Long term I still can't see him being kept but if he can repeat last night's performance he can do a job as an impact sub for the time being.

van Gaal has talked a lot about the side not being balanced enough and I think the right wing is one area that needs looking at, Adnan Januzaj is looking increasingly like a flash in the pan and if someone suitable becomes available in the next couple of windows then he should be snapped up as United can't afford to to piss about waiting for potential that may never fully develop.

I also think another striker may soon be required as RVP is offering increasingly little, he was unlucky with his one chance that hit the post but aside from that did nothing, Falcao was far busier when he came on and of the 3 main strikers on the books at the moment he'd be the one I'd make first choice.

The next 2 games are as tough as they come and if they get anything from them it would have to go down as a suprise but with United's attack I wouldn't rule anything out as even Chelsea and City can have off days.

I take back everything bad I ever said about Fellaini. :lol He made a big difference once he came on, and showed the same type of form he showed at Everton.

Juan Cuadrado would be ideal as a right winger I think. He's a player of the same mould as Di Maria and will constantly cause trouble for defenders, something which Januzaj didn't do against West Brom.

I think if Falcao started against West Brom, United would've won. He was hungrier for the ball and I believe he would've found himself in the right positions to score for all of the crosses that were lumped in.

He'll certainly start on the weekend, and I think RvP will be on the bench.

Big game for Liverpool tonight. Considering we can't keep a clean sheet we'll have to at least match Real's goals scored to even take a point from the match.

Big game for Liverpool tonight. Considering we can't keep a clean sheet we'll have to at least match Real's goals scored to even take a point from the match.

If Liverpool play like they did against QPR, you could be in for a rough night. But it keeps being mentioned that Madrid have never beaten Liverpool in the CL, so you never know.

I take back everything bad I ever said about Fellaini. :lol He made a big difference once he came on, and showed the same type of form he showed at Everton.

Juan Cuadrado would be ideal as a right winger I think. He's a player of the same mould as Di Maria and will constantly cause trouble for defenders, something which Januzaj didn't do against West Brom.

I think if Falcao started against West Brom, United would've won. He was hungrier for the ball and I believe he would've found himself in the right positions to score for all of the crosses that were lumped in.

He'll certainly start on the weekend, and I think RvP will be on the bench.

It seemed like van Gaal just said to Fellaini "go and do what you did for Everton" which was use his physicality to cause some chaos....and to everyone's suprise it worked :lol

Cuadrado would be a great option if he's available in the next couple of windows, Valencia's had more than enough chances and Januzaj doesn't seem to be progressing in the right direction.

RVP seems to be coasting along doing the bare minimum whereas Falcao looks like he's willing to walk through fire to get the ball in the net.

Fergie is now saying that the United job was probably too big for Moyes....so why the hell was he so adamant in making him his "Chosen One" :cuckoo:

We play like that 9/10. :lol

To be fair, Liverpool actually played decent in the first 20 mins, and for most of the 2nd half. Ronaldo's goal was absolute class, whilst the other 2 goals were due to just silly defensive errors. No shame in losing to Madrid though, they're an incredible team.

It seemed like van Gaal just said to Fellaini "go and do what you did for Everton" which was use his physicality to cause some chaos....and to everyone's suprise it worked :lol

Cuadrado would be a great option if he's available in the next couple of windows, Valencia's had more than enough chances and Januzaj doesn't seem to be progressing in the right direction.

RVP seems to be coasting along doing the bare minimum whereas Falcao looks like he's willing to walk through fire to get the ball in the net.

Fergie is now saying that the United job was probably too big for Moyes....so why the hell was he so adamant in making him his "Chosen One" :cuckoo:

Valencia and Januzaj... yeah, the options on the right aren't the best. I still think Januzaj has great potential, but he's nowhere near the finished product. I suppose van Gaal could play Mata there so he can cut in onto his left, but he's certainly not a winger.

At least there's some good news for the game vs Chelsea; Costa is injured. But then they still have Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Fabregas... maybe United can outscore them 5-4 or something. :lol

Yeah, the Fergie thing is odd. I don't want to think he chose Moyes to fail to boost his own ego, but it kind of seems that way.

Back