English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leicester's first penalty shouldn't have been given due to a foul on Rafael but even so the collapse was shambolic.

I expect more money to be thrown at the defensive problem in the next couple of windows but in the meantime United are going to be like Kevin Keegan's Newcastle, they'll score goals but they'll concede a crapload.

Yeah there going to be great to watch as a neutral

Utd will get it right though but it's going to take time and 2 class centre-backs

Yeah there going to be great to watch as a neutral

Utd will get it right though but it's going to take time and 2 class centre-backs

Despite the final result it was encouraging to see United playing some nice attacking football again, they at least look capable of doing teams some damage again which was not the case under Moyes.

They bought a new midfield over the last 2 windows so if they can make similar quality additions to the defence in the next couple they'll soon be back in the top 4.

United seriously need to break the bank and make some new signings,,, who are the most promising upcoming referees in the Pl :p

Man Utd 2-1 West Ham

Rooney scored the opening goal and then proceeded to lead by a very poor example as he got himself sent off which lead to a very nervy last half hour during which West Ham had an equaliser ruled out for offside.

After last week's collapse it should do the defence some good with them managing to hang on as they did but if this is how shaky they are against crap teams then the scorelines in the upcoming games with Chelsea and City could be ridiculous, I don't think the bookies will be giving good odds on either game finishing 0-0.

Rooney should never have been made captain and the last week has shown exactly why. Against Leicester his only response to United's collapse was to keep getting in the ref's face and today he almost undid his earlier work by hitting the self destruct button and getting a needless red card.

He's as much of an obstacle to United's return to the top as the creaky defence.

Chelsea with another comfortable win. Diego Costa is exactly what they needed. Not looking forward to playing them.

The Merseyside and North London derbies were both fairly disappointing. I don't support Everton by any means, but when Jagielka scored that goal I think I alerted the whole street. :lol

Relieved United got the win.

Man Utd 2-1 West Ham

Rooney scored the opening goal and then proceeded to lead by a very poor example as he got himself sent off which lead to a very nervy last half hour during which West Ham had an equaliser ruled out for offside.

After last week's collapse it should do the defence some good with them managing to hang on as they did but if this is how shaky they are against crap teams then the scorelines in the upcoming games with Chelsea and City could be ridiculous, I don't think the bookies will be giving good odds on either game finishing 0-0.

Rooney should never have been made captain and the last week has shown exactly why. Against Leicester his only response to United's collapse was to keep getting in the ref's face and today he almost undid his earlier work by hitting the self destruct button and getting a needless red card.

He's as much of an obstacle to United's return to the top as the creaky defence.

He doesn't set a good example as captain by doing that sort of thing, but hopefully van Gaal will sort him out. If he wanted to commit a professional foul he probably should have just tugged the player's shirt rather than kick him. At least it would have only been a yellow.

I'll give him props for tracking back though. It's just unfortunate that he committed a ridiculous foul... right in front of the referee. :lol

Chelsea with another comfortable win. Diego Costa is exactly what they needed. Not looking forward to playing them.

The Merseyside and North London derbies were both fairly disappointing. I don't support Everton by any means, but when Jagielka scored that goal I think I alerted the whole street. :lol

Relieved United got the win.

He doesn't set a good example as captain by doing that sort of thing, but hopefully van Gaal will sort him out. If he wanted to commit a professional foul he probably should have just tugged the player's shirt rather than kick him. At least it would have only been a yellow.

I'll give him props for tracking back though. It's just unfortunate that he committed a ridiculous foul... right in front of the referee. :lol

Even more ridiculous was his attempt at an apology :lol

In some ways it must be hard for the guy when his every move is analysed to death but it's also hard to feel any sympathy for someone who's held his club to ransom on several occasions and that's always come across as being a bit of a legend in his own mind.

He was never on the level of Ronaldo, but 4-5 years ago was very, very good.

Nowadays he shows the occasional flash of that player but is largely a shadow of his former self, his pace has gone a lot earlier than many players his age and his touch has vanished too, yet he still has United management in the palm of his hands :gah:

this team needs some work, and sturridge back, defence is a shambles, but we just need to organise it, no need for new signings, but a new GK could do us good, and Gerrard, should be freed from his holding MF role, absolutely wasted there, but then its tough to fit, players like Lallana, Hendo sterling balo and studge all in the 11..

Back