English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havent been following man utd's games closely this season but I must say I'm a little surprised at Moye's inability to get the best out of his players.

You got a Rooney, Juan Mata, Kagawa and a semi-crocked RVP. These aren't exactly developing players that need careful spoon feeding and coaching.

Maybe the players just didn't respect him enough? After all his CV is pretty bleak...

Or maybe Moyes was trying too hard to mold the team into his own image too fast and the team just didn't buy into his footballing philosophy.

Either way it is definitely an error in man management.

You look at all the best managers...all of them have a certain charisma. You Look at the up and coming Brendan Rodgers, who is able to preach your ears off about his footballing ideas to such an extent you find yourself agreeing with him just to stop him from talking. Moyes has a distinct lack of charisma.

Moyes is simply clueless.

Most of the time he struggled to do basic things such as determine where players best positions were and his negative brand of football was completely alien to the aggressive, attacking, never say die approach that United are used to and you only have to watch one interview to see why the players didn't respect him, he lacks any kind of fire or passion.

Still, onwards and upwards as they say, he's out the door and United can plan for the future with significantly more confidence.

If reports in the papers are true things could be getting even better as Everton are apparently intrested in Welbeck and Cleverley.

The sale of those 2 would only raise about 50p but would instantly make the squad better :lol

Mourinho already making excuses for a probable loss against liverpool. claiming he might have to play a B team, yeaj B team with lampard, matic, Schurlle, Ba,Ivanoic, Cole , Cahill,,,, et etc..

Im guessing the Champions League would be a better gift to Roman than the premiere league so cant blame him really.

Im guessing the Champions League would be a better gift to Roman than the premiere league so cant blame him really.

A 3rd Champions League with a 3rd different club would also be another middle finger raised to his detractors.

Rest In Peace Tito Vilanova. Former Barcelona youth team player, assistant coach and head coach succumbs to cancer. Diagnosed early when he was still Pep Guardiola's right hand man, and a relapse towards the end of last season, forced him to cut short his coaching career from this season.

tito-vilanova.jpg

tito+vilanova+pep+guardiola+barcelona+celta+barca+fcbarcelona+barcelona+barca+blog+barcablog+barca+fcbarcelona+barcelona+barca+blog+barcablog.jpg

2012-03-03_BARCELONA-SPORTING_32.v1330814216.JPG

fotos_triplet_www.fcbarcelona.cat_4_.v1335549747.jpg

2012-12-05_BARCELONA-BENFICA_18.v1354749746.JPG

2013-05-25_ENTRENO_31.v1371546159.JPG

Moyes is simply clueless.

Most of the time he struggled to do basic things such as determine where players best positions were and his negative brand of football was completely alien to the aggressive, attacking, never say die approach that United are used to and you only have to watch one interview to see why the players didn't respect him, he lacks any kind of fire or passion.

Still, onwards and upwards as they say, he's out the door and United can plan for the future with significantly more confidence.

If reports in the papers are true things could be getting even better as Everton are apparently intrested in Welbeck and Cleverley.

The sale of those 2 would only raise about 50p but would instantly make the squad better :lol

Utd need a big clear out & with them 2 going you couldn't wish for a better start if your the new manager :lol

Talking of Everton they just scored to great headers. Shame they were both own goals though :lol

Utd need a big clear out & with them 2 going you couldn't wish for a better start if your the new manager :lol

Talking of Everton they just scored to great headers. Shame they were both own goals though :lol

Exactly, it's why I'm hoping the board ignore Fergie and don't give Giggs the job on a permanent basis as someone like Van Gaal will have a strong enough personality to clear out anyone they feel isn't up to the job.

If Giggs gets the job beyond the next 4 games he'll have Fergie manipulating him from above and Welbeck and Cleverley will survive via the old boys network.

Some of the tributes to Tito Vilanova,
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/tributes-pour-vilanova-202831288.html

Giggs would do a great job IMO. He knows Man Utd inside out and I think the playing philosophy of old would return under Giggs.

I think the players would certainly like him to get the job. With Neville, Butt and Scholes behind him, I think they could bring the glory days back.

If he wins the next 4 matches he will certainly make the decision harder for the board.

One of the biggest if not the biggest mistake Moyes made when he was appointed was to get rid of Phelan. He needed his expertise and knowledge of the club, something Giggs and co have in abundance.

Regardless of the manager I think Utd are in for a shock in the summer transfer window. Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal will all get the pick of the top stars if they're willing to spend the money of them.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Liverpool's transfer committee react to being back in the Champions League. They should be aiming to compete with the big clubs for the best players. We lost out on so many transfer targets last season due to not being in the Champions League.

SOB! The blues are killing me! Everton is just giving away any chance they had at finishing top 4.

A great start for Giggs. It's going to be interesting to see how this pans out. I guess it looks like Van Gaal for the job which is surely going to leave Giggsy jobless when Van Gaal brings in his back room staff to Old Trafford?

Giggsy certainly won't be short of managerial offers next year, I'm sure of it.

Man Utd 4-0 Norwich

I watched my first United game in some time and Giggs got off to a decent start.

I wasn't happy prior to kick off as he picked Carrick, Cleverley and Welbeck who did their usual impersonations of invisible men and Valencia continued his assault against the legs of the nearest defender but Juan Mata came on, scored twice and should have had an assist in the closing seconds but Chicharito suprised just about everyone by missing after being put clean through.

Mata now has 5 goals in 12 games for United which is more than pretty much all their other midfielders put together and his overall play has been excellent even though Moyes played him out of position on several occasions.

Obviously Norwich aren't the greatest of opponents but after the Moyes era it was nice seeing United going on the offensive instead of being so negative.

Chelsea have blown the title completely open. I had an idea Chelsea would win today.

I still make Liverpool favourites though.

Back