English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does winning the FA Cup really constitute a successful season? It's lost it's romanticism over the years becoming a secondary cup in my opinion. It's all about winning the league primarily and reaching the quarter/semi finals of the UCL at worst.

We are still in with a chance of 4th place and qualifying for the UCL again, however, I am reluctant yet again to regard this as successful. That's the problem right now, the board and AW set out to achieve this and anything else would be a bonus.

It's time to repay the highest spending fans in the PL, they have been incredibly patient but most want answers now.

Does winning the FA Cup really constitute a successful season? It's lost it's romanticism over the years becoming a secondary cup in my opinion. It's all about winning the league primarily and reaching the quarter/semi finals of the UCL at worst.

If you win the FA Cup this season and Liverpool fail to win the league and finish second or third, regardless of how well we have played this season, who in your opinion has had the most successful season?

You can't disregard how well you have played, that's paramount to any supporter. Even if you don't win the league it's how you went about it that counts. You have the nucleus of a great side and showing great promise for future seasons. Rodgers is a young, hungry manager that has been tactically astute this year, I wish I could say the same for our manager.

I would trade a potential FA Cup win for your position, win or lose the PL.

You can't disregard how well you have played, that's paramount to any supporter. Even if you don't win the league it's how you went about it that counts. You have the nucleus of a great side and showing great promise for future seasons. Rodgers is a young, hungry manager that has been tactically astute this year, I wish I could say the same for our manager.

I would trade a potential FA Cup win for your position, win or lose the PL.

I guess. It's great at the moment being in with a shout at the title but if we don't win it our season could very well become a distant memory if we don't build on that next season. Our Champions League final defeat against Milan in 2007 is all but a distant memory and no-one talks about it, regardless of how well we were playing in Europe that season and even being ranked #1 in UEFA's ranking system.

I hear what you're saying but under Rodgers I don't see that happening. You have a manager there that could go on to achieve great things with Liverpool.

I don't think Martinez is a realistic target right now. He seems like a really loyal type of guy and currently he has a 3 year contract with the Toffees.

I would settle for Klopp, he is my choice.

I don't think Martinez is a realistic target right now. He seems like a really loyal type of guy and currently he has a 3 year contract with the Toffees.

I would settle for Klopp, he is my choice.

Klopp would be good, he needs to move away from Dortmund to progress. He's taken them as far as he can and Bayern will own that league for years to come now.

If you win the FA Cup this season and Liverpool fail to win the league and finish second or third, regardless of how well we have played this season, who in your opinion has had the most successful season?

Id have to say Liverpool. To not only break into the top 4 from where you were but to have a very realistic chance of winning the league is quite staggering.
Infact, when you consider what you have spent and what the teams around you have spent including my team, Its bordering worthy of a film being made.

My question is, if Liverpool win the league and Palace beat the drop, who should win manager of the season ?

When you really think about it in terms of squads, star players, timing... etc , its a tough one to call.

That is a really good question to be fair.

Pullis has surpassed expectations there. I think they will beat the drop as well which is a phenomenal feat!

Klopp would be good, he needs to move away from Dortmund to progress. He's taken them as far as he can and Bayern will own that league for years to come now.

Agreed! He is made for Arsenal :)

Failing that, I like the idea of Frank de Boer & Dennis Bergkamp.

If Liverpool win the league this season I believe Rodgers & Suarez should both win Manager & Player of the Year respectively.

Again, there's still five games to go this season and with 15 points still to play for anything could happen to any team.

That is a really good question to be fair.

Pullis has surpassed expectations there. I think they will beat the drop as well which is a phenomenal feat!

It is a real hard one . Pullis has done an amazing job at Palace. I think given the squads and the short space of time, I maybe lean towards him but its a tough one.

If Liverpool win the league this season I believe Rodgers & Suarez should both win Manager & Player of the Year respectively.

Again, there's still five games to go this season and with 15 points still to play for anything could happen to any team.

If that were to happen, I couldnt argue with that.

Im hoping it bodes well for england too.

AW in a press conference today hinted no major overhaul is planned. He believes it's important to keep the squad together and go back to basics. Apparently there have been positives this season and we need to focus on them.

Man City 6-3
Liverpool 5-1
Chelsea 6-0
Everton 3-0

How on earth is that positive!!! This club is pushing it too far!!!

Back