Enemies You Fear In Games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd have to go with the witch in Left 4 Dead, I knew she was gonna freak out and attack me. Didn't matter!

The alligator in Resident Evil 2 scared the $h(+ out of me too the first time

I'd have to go with the witch in Left 4 Dead, I knew she was gonna freak out and attack me. Didn't matter!

The alligator in Resident Evil 2 scared the $h(+ out of me too the first time

I agree with the Witch. Also the Licker in Resident Evil 2 when you are in the room with the two way mirror and it bursts through it. Scary.

I tend to look at 'fear' a bit differently. For videogames, I don't think that it should be based on just how enemies appear, but rather, how difficult and how frustrating they were defeat. Basically, the enemies that I would never want to face again, because I ended up breaking my controller, and hurting my thumbs in trying to defeat the bastards.

First, there's Red Falcon from Contra. In fact just making it all the way to him was a pain in the ass. Next, there was the shadow master from 'Shinobi 3', who had the ability to counter all of your physical moves, disappear and reappear, and constantly grunt in your face as he took away the last remaining life, from your last remaining continue. In Metal Gear Solid 4, there's the Act 4 escape part - that entire portion was like a boss. It took me a few hundred tries to beat it on the hardest difficulty setting. More recently, there's the Cerebus Breeder from God of War 3, and his team of Satyrs..... that was HELL! I tried for an entire week to clear that part on Titan Mode, gave up, and tried again for a few days, when I finally managed to kill that bum.

Yes! I encourage folks to mention enemies that they fear going up against because of sheer difficulty, not just baddies with frightening aesthetics.

As early as I can remember, I loathed seeing an Abobo spawn in Double Dragon. In groups these guys were so cheap.
abobo.jpg

Most recently, cougars and effing grizzlies in Red Dead Redemption. The former are incredibly sneaky, the latter tough as nails.

tumblr_lds30yOuMh1qdej6so1_500.gif

Pig Josh

PigJoshRevolver.jpg

I was 9 years old when Red Dead Revolver came out, and this fat bastard never ceased to blow me to hell. Got to a point where I didn't play the game for years, even after I've conquered him, he still gives me an uneasy feeling.

Ada Wong scared the crap out of me about 4 days ago when i was walking into the parking lot at the back of the R.P.D. Station and she shot the floor.

Hunters are more scary than lickers but i fear them both. Nemesis is awesome but he isnt as Creepy as Mr.X.

Quite alot of the baddies in Parasite eve are messed up too. But, while i was on edge a bit of the time only #the exploding demon babies worried me when they came on screen because they were so slow moving then easy to kill then BAM explode and take your life down. Desert chasers were also a pain in the ass too.

Bloodsucker in STALKER
kzimir.gif

Fast, powerful, quite hard to kill. Often in dark underground areas, or out during night... near invisible when not hurting you (yet). Only a stressful sound :D And as you may not have many bullets, it's even more scary.

Or worst, you can play STALKER with the mod making the night really dark... You can barely see at 4 meters with the flashlight (here with an improved flashlight I think: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__O2oSNPHSc"]YouTube - ‪Stalker Night Mod (No sound)‬‏[/ame])

6.jpg

Bloodsucker%20Attack.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi-iWR31W9A"]YouTube - ‪s.t.a.l.k.e.r - bloodsucker attack‬‏[/ame]

Hopefully, my mouse in not cordless :lol

By far the scariest video game enemy:
Alma from FEAR...
fear-2-project-origin-20081222095910928_640w.jpg

FEAR_2.jpg

Pretty much ANY critter from Silent Hill, but I remember Silent Hill, Scarlet freaking me out.
Scar.jpg

Resident Evil: Hunter- any critter that hides and can behead you in one hit will make you jump!
RE_ORC_Hunter.jpg

Wallmaster_(Ocarina_of_Time).png

Wallmasters from Ocarina of Time!

Seriously, as a kid playing late at night with earphones on and the eire sounds of the spirit temple then some creepy disembodied hand comes down and picks you up out of nowhere.

The shadows they cast when they where about to pounce scared me so much I didn't want to go into the room.

Oh the house of Skulltula was creepy was well. Such a scary game for kids.

Beholders in any D&D based game. Their anti magic eye instantly dispels any magic effects or buffs you have, renders your party unable to cast any spells, and other eyes do fun things like turn you to stone, reduce your strength to nothing, or instantly kill you.

General Raam.

I played GOW by myself on hardcore and I had to retry countless times before I finally beat him.

Wallmaster_(Ocarina_of_Time).png

Wallmasters from Ocarina of Time!

Seriously, as a kid playing late at night with earphones on and the eire sounds of the spirit temple then some creepy disembodied hand comes down and picks you up out of nowhere.

The shadows they cast when they where about to pounce scared me so much I didn't want to go into the room.

Oh the house of Skulltula was creepy was well. Such a scary game for kids.

Good call, OoT was unusually disturbing at times. It's not so apparent now that I'm older and so much time has passed since the original (currently playing the 3DS updated version), but there's still a lot of wtf moments in that game. Even more so in Majora's Mask.

Good call, OoT was unusually disturbing at times. It's not so apparent now that I'm older and so much time has passed since the original (currently playing the 3DS updated version), but there's still a lot of wtf moments in that game. Even more so in Majora's Mask.

Especially the Dead Hand monster in the bottom of the well. :horror

Back