Endoskull Roll Call...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's by far, my favorite endoskull! Now if I had the chance to properly chrome plate it, that would be a job well done, I don't want to paint it.

Yeah, regardless of the flat sanded down area above the teeth, beneath the nose slot, and a few other minor things, it really is a very nice and detailed skull, where a lot of attention was put in to offer both versions.

It would indeed look nice vacuum metalized.

Obtained an icons endoskull finally, was never keen on the sideshow offering and the icons compliments the HCG skull nicely

20150811_160827_zpsgkma3jwj.jpg

Attachments

• 20150811_160827.jpg
    20150811_160827.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 265
Obtained an icons endoskull finally, was never keen on the sideshow offering and the icons compliments the HCG skull nicely

Looks great! The case dose offer sort of classic looking to this piece.
Actually I was going about to visit this thread to ask icon skull, I just found one locally with very low price.
Does anyone here can share a bit information about it? I heard the teeth was actually a cast of Annie's teeth? Is this skull based on any props? It looks different compared HCG one which I consider the most accurate one.

Guess this bust also belongs to this thread, it has endoskull, well...part of.
DSC08570_A_zpsikl4t6nc.jpg
DSC08567A_zpsi6zgp3rr.jpg
DSC08574_A_zps9sn70wuw.jpg
It's a shame that the eyebrow position of this bust is so weird, with a little PS work, it then looks much better.
Original:
DSC08576_A_zpsmznowkop.jpg
PS version:
DSC08576_B_zps5ltrnhpq.jpg

Nice job!
I got it couple weeks ago. So much potential of this piece, printed from exactly same digital file of their life-size bust.
Have to say, chrome version looks better.

A quick question for those of you who 've cleaned your SSC Combat version. Should I clean the recessed areas, that are painted black? They kinda cheapen the overall look once the chrome shines through. Plus, I think if they 're cleaned up they still look dark due to the design and chrome reflection. Otherwise the bust kinda looks.. used. What do you guys think?

A quick question for those of you who 've cleaned your SSC Combat version. Should I clean the recessed areas, that are painted black? They kinda cheapen the overall look once the chrome shines through. Plus, I think if they 're cleaned up they still look dark due to the design and chrome reflection. Otherwise the bust kinda looks.. used. What do you guys think?

I would leave that part alone, looks better and would be very hard to get perfect anyway.

Note that I'm not talking about the big recessed areas at the sides but the smaller ones, like the indentations on the sides of the lower jaw or the ones at the back of the head.

Note that I'm not talking about the big recessed areas at the sides but the smaller ones, like the indentations on the sides of the lower jaw or the ones at the back of the head.

I would leave those as is. I didn't clean those areas on mine and it looks good with the black still in place.

I ended up not cleaning them completely, just making the effect subtler (i.e. cleaning the excess paint towards the outer part of the skull). The chrome is incredible in that it doesn't really require black paint to show all the details. Ideally I'd like to endoskull to be pure chrome, with black paint only in the seams.

I think I will skip the ICON endoskull even though I could have a very good deal locally.
The more images I found, I dislike it more. The shape of the skull just looks a little bit odd to me now.
But still congrats to those who have it, it's indeed a very unique and rare piece.

I think I will skip the ICON endoskull even though I could have a very good deal locally.
The more images I found, I dislike it more. The shape of the skull just looks a little bit odd to me now.
But still congrats to those who have it, it's indeed a very unique and rare piece.
I did the same thing when I had a chance to get one cheap. Just does not do it for me either.

Thanks. It is actually the SDCC exclusive endoskull. It comes already chromed. I used thinners to clean out all the gunked on black paint, repainted the teeth, and added black detail where it was missing. This is what they look like out of the box:
11335501_1650271325207229_2045694698_n.jpg

Back