Endoskull Roll Call...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday!!!

Here's a pic with my other Sideshow T-2 items (and my signed Raiders Poster!!)...

indy_t2.jpg

Here's a pic in it's final resting place in TV / Prop room with my Rubies Yoda...

yoda.jpg

Here's a quick pic of my TV / Prop room...

basement.jpg

Great pictures, tell me, what is the quality of the sound on that bust, if I'm not mistaken, it plays theme of T2?

Great pictures, tell me, what is the quality of the sound on that bust, if I'm not mistaken, it plays theme of T2?

Sounds like the endoskeleton starting up and shutting down actually.

I'll have a closer listen when i get back home :D

Will also post a simple photo comparison between the "cleaned" SS endoskull and the "clean" HCG endoskull.

Ok some quick pics. Not a really fair comparison as the cameras used were different. The SS endo was taken with a DSLR while the HCG was taken with a point and shoot sony. But its the best i can do since i sold the SS one a couple of months back.

On to the pics:
Front.jpg

lighted.jpg

The two bust are quite different. First main difference is the finishing. Somehow, the chrome plating on the HCG seems brighter than the SS one I had. Don't get me wrong, the finish on the SS bust is awesome, just different - somewhat darker in its finish, if that makes any sense.

side.jpg

Looking at the side you can also see that the SS bust is somewhat angled as if the skull was looking downward while the HCG one seems to be more neutral and looking forward. The curvature is also different with the SS skull looking more menacing while the HCG seemingly more human in its appearance.

Details on both however are top notch in my humble opinion.

faceplate.jpg

Lastly the name plate on the two are different. SS chose to paint it on a flat nameplate while HCG chose the 3D one. The advantage of the 3D one to me is you have less to worry about if you decide you want to polish it (cause its less likely you'll take off crucial paint and leave the bust missing alphabets!)

The SS bust has a nice fade out effect to it while the HCG has some cool sounds that accompany it. I remember my friend coming over and me turning on the eyes and my friends going, "Is that it?" Only thing that might bother some is the HCG one turns itself off after 10 seconds or so.

That's fine cos i normally do not leave it on for more than 10 secs anyway.

The base for the HCG is also wider and seems more well balanced making handling the bust easier compared to the SS one. Again this is my experience and others may feel differently.

Lastly, the SS bust has the bonus CPU chip which the HCG does not. It's definitely a bonus and its a pity the HCG did not come with the same feature. However, considering the HCG bust is older than the SS one, its acceptable.

On the whole the HCG one edges out the SS one for me simply because its easier for me to picture arnold's face shape behind the HCG bust. The SS bust is sleeker and arnold in my memory did not have such sleek features.

Last edited:
The thing about the nameplate on SS's is that if you wanted to customize it, you could clean it off, and put a Skynet or Cyberdyne Systems logo in place of T2. *gasp* I know these are hard to come by, unless of course, you clean a BD version. :)

The thing about the nameplate on SS's is that if you wanted to customize it, you could clean it off, and put a Skynet or Cyberdyne Systems logo in place of T2. *gasp* I know these are hard to come by, unless of course, you clean a BD version. :)

Actually I tried to contact Russell about doing a custom faceplate for the combat bust but it never came to past :monkey2

Congrats, tnaig :clap

and great comparison shots :rock

Thanks for the pics !!

No prob. Your collection helped me decide what i really wanted. Your endoskulls collection actually helped me decide which one i wanted in the end :D

Actually I tried to contact Russell about doing a custom faceplate for the combat bust but it never came to past :monkey2

You don't need a custom faceplate if you are doing a logo, just print the image on (the name escapes me) transparent stuff that you can put the logo on, then cut to fit over the area. Ensure the "tape" goes out to the edges of the plate to give it a good finished look. Or do you have something other than a logo in mind?

Back