Endoskull Roll Call...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm telling you guys...if you take your time and go over it very lightly, you can take off all of the paint from the nameplate and not ruin it. Here is mine...
CIMG1539.jpg

CIMG1540.jpg

CIMG1541.jpg

i thought you sold yours off man? :confused:

I am trying to clean one of these right now, but the paint thinner I am using is taking way too long. What have the best/fastest chemicals been for doing this, and what's the best method for avoiding stripping off the lettering on the name plate?

Wow, that Equate Non-acetone sure is the stuff to use. Fast and easy compared to the Airbrush Thinner I was using. Wish I'd done a little research here before starting. Would have saved hours.

I do have one comment on the Equate pads though. The damn thing left fine lines all over the area I used one on. Those are not soft pads. Damn it, didn't you guys see the lines when you used them? Now I will have to use chrome polish too. I should have just stuck to the cotton balls. Everywhere else is perfect. No scratches of any kind.

To anybody planning to attempt this, ^^^^ the pads; just use cotton and q-tips.

thanks for the heads-up! However, could it be possible that might be the after-effects of the thinner you were using before?

Well, I just got my BD Endo yesterday and planning on cleaning it soon. Best of luck to you and I! Did you just buy Equate non-acetone polish and dab it with cotton?

I didnt have any scratches at all, I wonder if some of the others here that have used the pads had scratches. I do recommend polishing after the cleaning process is completed, regardless of if there is any fine scratches. The process on mine was cleraning with the pads/acetone, wiping clean with a damp cloth, then polishing with a chrome polish. All in all it took a total of probably 6 hours of work if I added it all up.

i didn't get any scratches on mine when i used the cotton earbuds (q-tips to u americans). the only scratches on the surface were already there and i'm sure those can be lessened with chrome polish.

btw, here's another tip: when going over the smaller lettering on the name plaque, make sure there is less acetone in the cotton bud. what i did was to dab the bud into a wad of tissue paper to absorb most of the acetone, leaving a smaller amount. that way, u can rub a little harder but the letters won't be in danger of fading so easily...

i didn't get any scratches on mine when i used the cotton earbuds (q-tips to u americans). the only scratches on the surface were already there and i'm sure those can be lessened with chrome polish.

btw, here's another tip: when going over the smaller lettering on the name plaque, make sure there is less acetone in the cotton bud. what i did was to dab the bud into a wad of tissue paper to absorb most of the acetone, leaving a smaller amount. that way, u can rub a little harder but the letters won't be in danger of fading so easily...

thats a good idea :)

thanks azurepred. :)

btw, in my previous post it should have read NON acetone instead. my bad. acetone is a definite no-no. apparently it can damage the chrome finish...

Well, I couldn't avoid f'ing up the original logo apps on this thing, so I wiped it off completely. Besides, having an awesome replica piece like this is more enjoyable when I can pretend it's a product directly from Cyberdyne, and not a recreation of a movie prop with the trademarked movie logo on it. In short, I always wanted to replace the logo anyway. Using the above custom logo as a model, I used Photoshop and some Terminator fonts from the net, and I made this.

HPIM5176.jpg

Trying to prevent 100% of the aribubbles is a pain in the ass, but I got it to an acceptable visual point for now.

HPIM5174.jpg

Anybody got any good tips for bubble-free sticker applications? My other idea was to do this on silver foil sticker paper, but where the hell do I find that?

Well, I couldn't avoid f'ing up the original logo apps on this thing, so I wiped it off completely. Besides, having an awesome replica piece like this is more enjoyable when I can pretend it's a product directly from Cyberdyne, and not a recreation of a movie prop with the trademarked movie logo on it. In short, I always wanted to replace the logo anyway. Using the above custom logo as a model, I used Photoshop and some Terminator fonts from the net, and I made this.

HPIM5176.jpg

Trying to prevent 100% of the aribubbles is a pain in the ass, but I got it to an acceptable visual point for now.

HPIM5174.jpg

Anybody got any good tips for bubble-free sticker applications? My other idea was to do this on silver foil sticker paper, but where the hell do I find that?

Nice :D would get you to print one out for me if I hadn't sold my SS endobust

i used to do a fair bit of laminating in college, so here's my 2 cents'...

for smaller, slightly-textured surfaces, never go from edge to edge like most people normally would. instead, start from the centre. meaning, stick the middle of the lamination sticker onto the surface then work your thumbs outwards in a radiating pattern, pressing the sticker down and smoothening it out in firm gliding strokes. hope that makes sense.

but no matter what, u'll very likely end up with a few bubbles anyway cos the plaque surface isn't exactly 100% flat. at least mine doesn't seem to be.

Awesome job SilentSurfer, so much more better then original design!

And I think it looks just great, tylerdurden gave great advice..
You might want to google "applying screen protector", and you'll find some technics how people do that, this what you do is very similar!

Most people like to blow the dust particles off of the surface, maybe clean/polish with some product that will repel dust, and then try applying the sticker in steamy environment (like just after your bath), because dust in the air is on the minimum then! And you'll probably get the best results, however I believe that you might still have couple of little air bubbles!

Just leave it like this, it's great ;)

Thanks for the advice guys. Center out might help instead of side to side. You're right, the surface is a tiny bit textured, and so is the sticker sheet for some reason. Thankfully, the sticker glue is strong enough to hold in place with normal handling, but easy enough to repeel off if I want to. The sticker is actually pretty thick and doesn't get damaged by grabbing the edge with a fingernail.

Hi guys I'm just about to do my 1st international order with Sideshow on the Combat, can anyone confirm the process, when ordering, I just received a email asking to send personal info ID-CC etc. Is this correct? just making sure it's legit.. sound stupid for asking..LOL thanks in advance

Hi guys I'm just about to do my 1st international order with Sideshow on the Combat, can anyone confirm the process, when ordering, I just received a email asking to send personal info ID-CC etc. Is this correct? just making sure it's legit.. sound stupid for asking..LOL thanks in advance

From memory, there's a part/form in your online account on the SS site - I wouldn't send my CC details in an email... Unless they want you to enter that info on the site.

If you have an online account, there is a place where you can enter/update your billing address, residence, and credit card info. Eveytime you order something, they automatically reference all that info and process it.

Thanks guys, this is my 1st order it's a form to fax to them though. I've entered all the details on my online account, and this is an International Id form, sound familiar?

Back