Endoskull Roll Call...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh I did, that was a pain in the ASSS!!! as you have to becarefull
not to rub off the logo..

great clean-up job nacho. :cool:

i want to clean up my nameplate too. mine has smudges obscuring some of the words (eg: JUDGMENT). :mad: just wondering what u used to avoid rubbing the paint on the letters off...

I have a HCG endoskull (clean version). I've been thinking about selling it and picking up a SSC combat version and 'cleaning' it. It's because of the longer neck that I like it. Would anyone here talk me out of it?

Outstanding job Nacho! Great job on the nameplate especially. How did you clean that part?

And nice job on the polish. What polish did you use? did you use a lot? How much of a difference did it make putting it on?

I have a HCG endoskull (clean version). I've been thinking about selling it and picking up a SSC combat version and 'cleaning' it. It's because of the longer neck that I like it. Would anyone here talk me out of it?

What is the price for you HCG?

Hey guy's thanks for the compliments..
Cleaning the nameplate was a little tricky, you will need to use que tips.
Twist the end of the que tip into a point and just slightly dip it in the nail
polish remover (non-acetone). Then all you need to do with a steady hand
is rub of the area's you want shiny. Hope that helps its all I did really, just be patient
and keep steady around the lettering.

Reinhardt the polish I used is called Meguiar's all metal polish.
I just dabed it on very lightly and then with a soft clean cloth worked it in.
The shine comes up instantly, real easy.
14326n5.jpg

Last edited:
it looks really really good!!!! I have the combat endo, but I don't think I have the patience. I'd be to worried about screwing it up.

So has this thread come to a conclusion on the Clean or not to Clean the Combat Skull debate???

I have one and sometimes thing about cleaning it!
I was all for the clean version and waited a long time for my battle damaged skull to arrive from sideshow. I was hell bent on cleaning it up after seeing the prices for the clean endo. :google But you know what, I LOVE the battle damaged version and wouldn't remove a spec. I think I was blessed with a great looking paint job as well, but there's nothing that would make me clean him up now. I dig the dirty fella'.

I was all for the clean version and waited a long time for my battle damaged skull to arrive from sideshow. I was hell bent on cleaning it up after seeing the prices for the clean endo. :google But you know what, I LOVE the battle damaged version and wouldn't remove a spec. I think I was blessed with a great looking paint job as well, but there's nothing that would make me clean him up now. I dig the dirty fella'.

On second thought your RIGHT!!! I know it's a personal choice, but now really seeing mine now, I wouln't change a thing!!!

Hey guy's thanks for the compliments..
Cleaning the nameplate was a little tricky, you will need to use que tips.
Twist the end of the que tip into a point and just slightly dip it in the nail
polish remover (non-acetone). Then all you need to do with a steady hand
is rub of the area's you want shiny. Hope that helps its all I did really, just be patient
and keep steady around the lettering.

thanks for the tip, nacho. was thinking of using toothpicks with a tiny bit of cotton wool wrapped at the tip to get at those narrow areas between letters. will try it out this weekend and post the pics...

i like my combat version endo just fine too! BUT, the nameplate is ugly---it's got patches of black paint blocking the words, so i don't have a choice but to clean it up. a bit nervous tho...

I wanted a SS Endo bust and was able to get mine from Plasma Infusion, it was the combat and I love it. I don't care for the clean one, but I'm getting the HCG clean Endo bust - I would have bought the HCG combat Endo bust but usually it goes for $900 or more these days...

thanks for the tip, nacho. was thinking of using toothpicks with a tiny bit of cotton wool wrapped at the tip to get at those narrow areas between letters. will try it out this weekend and post the pics...

No probs Tyler...Good luck on the clean up and I look
forward to those pic's.

Cleaned mine back a while ago but didn't have a chance to post pics. Took some pics and thought i would share.

regarding the nameplate, bear in mind that even if u clean it, there will be a difference as SS had a layer of vanish to seal everything in after adding paint so the parts without the name will be slightly shinier.

Not a huge point but thought it might be helpful to know.

endofronton.jpg

endofrontoff.jpg

endoleft.jpg

endoright.jpg

Cleaned mine back a while ago but didn't have a chance to post pics. Took some pics and thought i would share.

regarding the nameplate, bear in mind that even if u clean it, there will be a difference as SS had a layer of vanish to seal everything in after adding paint so the parts without the name will be slightly shinier.

Not a huge point but thought it might be helpful to know.

endofronton.jpg

endofrontoff.jpg

endoleft.jpg

endoright.jpg

Looks f-ing amazing ! Good job!

thanks guys. Was really into 1/6 till the wolf bust came along. then i saw all the gorgeous endo bust that u guys had and couldn't help but get it when i stumbled on it in a shop :)

james.

Back