Endoskull Roll Call...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for the fellow freaks who have cleaned their combat busts.
Do you clean the indents/temples in the side's of the head??? There is
alot of black paint in there and not sure if I should atempt it.
I said to my self I would never clean my bust but after cleaning a little
bit to see the result I got hooked and now the rest of the black paint
needs to come off.
I'm actually suprized how easy its coming off and the chrome underneath
looks fantastic. Anyway thanks in advance guys & girls..

c4b.jpg

You can get it this clean, but not without real acetone. It is a thick, black, tar like substance.

I am not sure if they even chromed that part of the skull. I didn't put the pure acetone anywhere else but there. Then I carefully dumped it out and rinsed it off using a flexible shower head and warm water.

I am not sure if they even chromed that part of the skull. I didn't put the pure acetone anywhere else but there. Then I carefully dumped it out and rinsed it off using a flexible shower head and warm water.

Thanks. How bout on the spinal column? it looks like you removed the black from there as well - using acetone or non-acetone?

BTW, looks awesome!

Thanks heaps for the pic Oneye, much appreciated.
I think I will just leave that part alone.
Are there any other trouble spots I should know about???
I have only done the face and the top of the skull thus far..

I have put in order in for the Combat bust to go with my T-800 PF. Thanks for all of the info regarding the cleaning of the bust...I am likely to undertake this when it finally arrives (SS says June/July.)

BTW: Anyone have any pictures of the PF next to the bust?

Thanks. How bout on the spinal column? it looks like you removed the black from there as well - using acetone or non-acetone?

BTW, looks awesome!

That's the one that FelMar has being help by the 1:1 Predator. Non-acetone to clean the rest of it. Yes, I did the spinal column.

d1.jpg

d3.jpg

TerminatedTerminator6.jpg

TerminatedTerminator5.jpg

TerminatedTerminator4.jpg

I reworked the area in question with my own special method/formula to replace the black tar like substance.

Yes, I dropped this by accident, down a flight of stairs and it bounced along the basement (concrete) floor. Then I got creative with a hammer, chisel, short axe and butane torch.

i getting mine next week and was wondering i was told to get the non acetone nail plush pads is this right ? or do i get something else

Thanks heaps for the pic Oneye, much appreciated.
I think I will just leave that part alone.
Are there any other trouble spots I should know about???
I have only done the face and the top of the skull thus far..

I do not recommend cleaning inside the eye sockets. Even with non-acetone, if you get any on the red lens, the lens may cloud, and some of the red will come off. That's the only area that I would label a trouble spot.

I do not recommend cleaning inside the eye sockets. Even with non-acetone, if you get any on the red lens, the lens may cloud, and some of the red will come off. That's the only area that I would label a trouble spot.

Thanks again mate.
Will post pic's when its completly cleaned.

i getting mine next week and was wondering i was told to get the non acetone nail plush pads is this right ? or do i get something else

Purchased at Wal*Mart. I like to use these "Q-tips".

Equate.jpg

Reinhardt you cleaning yours to mate??
Good luck and let the cleaning begin:duff
Speaking of cleaning prob should get the missus to do it:D
Man is she going to be pi^^ed when she finds out I've
used all her nail polish remover pads:lol

Back