Endoskull Roll Call...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're welcome! :)

Yes the original was painted on, and it comes off very easily. The original from Sideshow wasn't very sharp and there was kind of a spray around the letters, like they used a stencil or something, where the paint was able to slip under.

You're welcome :)

I'm not sure what you mean with the difference to the original..

But about the teeth. On mine I used an exacto knife and very fine sand paper to separate the
lower front teeth and then weathered everything with a brownish-black wash to better define them.

I'm not sure what you could do to make them appear more white. I know a lot of these
appear very yellow, and it seems worse on the newer Endos. Mine never seemed that
yellow though. But if I was gonna do anything like that, I would maybe use a chemical
solution to bleach them, so that they keep their translucency. I wouldn't paint them white.

ok thanks you are very kind :) but there is much differet whith the original ?

and clean the teath is possible ? more white?

Here's how my decal turned out btw:

The cutter wasn't able to cut the smaller details and corners completely perfect,
the tiny 'trademark'-marks couldn't be cut at all. But I'm quite satisfied with it. :)

t2decaldone_zpse89b6c90.jpg

My pimped HCG Endoskull with black eyes that are getting red when you turn it on....:wink1:

20345087gm.jpg

very nice this skull i want clean my combat version sideshow but i 'm afraid waht do you think? the price if i clean my skull loose his value ?

ihihihihi who is right? for this motivation i don t clean my bust endo i'm afraid but a bust endo combat clean how much on the ebay?(sorry for my english)

If you want a clean endo, clean it and don't worry about the value. You got it to enjoy, not to resell. Clean ones sell for $700+, though a clean BD one would not bring anywhere near that, I would still think you would at least get your money back should you ever want to sell it.

I don't think so. If it turns out well it should actually increase the value. The clean ones are worth more.
Original clean obviously sell for more. I've never seen a 'cleaned' Bust sell for more than a 'Combat' over here anyway.

Don't collect for potential future values. There's better things if you want an investment :wink1:

very nice this skull i want clean my combat version sideshow but i 'm afraid waht do you think? the price if i clean my skull loose his value ?

Just know that if you clean it you'll probably find defects that have been covered by the black paint.. If you're thinking of reselling it for profit you can toss that idea out the window..

Cool mod! How did you achieve this, and do you think the same thing could be easily done to the Sideshow version? :)
Been dreaming of doing this to my endo for 5 years now, just to make it a bit more accurate. Never liked the red lenses.

My pimped HCG Endoskull with black eyes that are getting red when you turn it on....:wink1:

20345087gm.jpg

True that!

Several people (myself included) have been experiencing a slight discolouring of
the chrome beneath the battle damage. A yellow hue to the chrome which shows
in the right lightning. Some have also found chips in the chrome, dings and other
little defects, covered up by the weathering. So it's always exciting to see what
lies beneath.

But if you do experience any of that, you could always repaint the battle damage
and add a nicer weathering to it.
It doesn't take that much talent to do a much better job than what was done on
the original. I would actually pay more for an awesome custom battle damaged
(more accurate) skull than a brand new one.

But some collectors swear to the untouched, straight from the factory condition,
and that's fine too. :)

Just know that if you clean it you'll probably find defects that have been covered by the black paint.. If you're thinking of reselling it for profit you can toss that idea out the window..

Cool mod! How did you achieve this, and do you think the same thing could be easily done to the Sideshow version? :)
Been dreaming of doing this to my endo for 5 years now, just to make it a bit more accurate. Never liked the red lenses.

Thanks.I hate the red lenses,too..looks like a cheap toy when the lights are out.:horror

I have no idea how the lenses are fixed on the sideshowskull..but I bet they are glued,too.I removed the standard lenses with radioshack lenses.

About the Mod:

It´s very simple but effective...

Do you know TAMIYA?They are selling spraycolors for RC-Cars.

You need the Tamiya "smoke" PS-31 for polycarbonate...:

First fix the lenses on double sided adhesive tape..so they cannot remove when you spray. clean them with alcohol...but be carefull with dust particles..the lenses must be absolutly clear.

After that,spray plastic primer(clear) over the lenses(no sanding before..the lexancolour is very strong on this plastic)..

After that,spray the Tamiya paint...you need a little bit more,until you can see no red plastic.

The colour is flat after drying.So you need a thick layer with high gloss clear coat.But look for dust particles..optical lenses are perfect clean.

Let it dry long enough(I let dry it for 3 days)..because,when you handle it the coat must be hard enough...or you can see a fingerprint of you on the lense,when you pressed it in the terminatoreye.;-)

Hope I helped you with your Terminatorlook...fell free to ask me when you have any problems.

Exactly! I really want the eyes to look completely 'dead' until I turn on the lights.

Thanks a lot for the guide, I'm definitely gonna give it a shot!

Yeah I know Tamiya, I'll see if I can find that specific colour..

Just a small question. You mentioned that you got your lenses from radio shack, but do you have a specific name, type, model or anything to identify it by?
I think I would have to find them online you see, so any help here would be great.

Thanks.

Thanks.I hate the red lenses,too..looks like a cheap toy when the lights are out.:horror

I have no idea how the lenses are fixed on the sideshowskull..but I bet they are glued,too.I removed the standard lenses with radioshack lenses.

About the Mod:

It´s very simple but effective...

Do you know TAMIYA?They are selling spraycolors for RC-Cars.

You need the Tamiya "smoke" PS-31 for polycarbonate...:

First fix the lenses on double sided adhesive tape..so they cannot remove when you spray. clean them with alcohol...but be carefull with dust particles..the lenses must be absolutly clear.

After that,spray plastic primer(clear) over the lenses(no sanding before..the lexancolour is very strong on this plastic)..

After that,spray the Tamiya paint...you need a little bit more,until you can see no red plastic.

The colour is flat after drying.So you need a thick layer with high gloss clear coat.But look for dust particles..optical lenses are perfect clean.

Let it dry long enough(I let dry it for 3 days)..because,when you handle it the coat must be hard enough...or you can see a fingerprint of you on the lense,when you pressed it in the terminatoreye.;-)

Hope I helped you with your Terminatorlook...fell free to ask me when you have any problems.

Sorry it was a long time that I made that.I became the lenses from a member on the RPF(OneEye)but I cannot contact him because he is banned there.
He send me the parts because I had no credit card to order it from radio shack...a really great guy!:)

Back