Endor Rebel Combo Deal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Customikey said:
She's welcome to, of course, but I don't think Dusty need chime in at all. We've been offered a deal. There will be no bargain. Take it or leave it.

Oh, and I AM a Sideshow cheerleader. I'm rooting for them to win with every post. Does my team falter occasionally? Yep. But not in any way that makes me less proud or makes me want to move on. Even the flaws are fun. They're a chance to "improve" it myself. Fun. That's what it's all about. Yo. :cool:

ummmm not really. :blissysmi

Turbo said:
ummmm not really. :blissysmi

Yeah, funny how little the actual figures got discussed. Maybe the Rebelscum forums were more productive. Unlikely seing as it looks like most of their posters are HERE!!!!!!

jedibear said:
Is the bundle deal gonna be cheaper or just a convenient way to get all three in on one order?

Is there an exclusive item involved?

Can the giftcard be used for any regular item currently availible on the SS site?

Exactly when is this pre-order window?

How much are these guys individually vs. the set (if there's a difference that is)?

Again, my apoligies if all that's been covered but I'm just lookin' for a recap here...

1. The bundle will ship them all together to save on shipping costs, unknown at this time what they will retail for in either the bundle or seperate.

2. My understanding is there is NO exclusive item but Brant and Nik Sant are Exclusive to SS. The clean faced guy will be the standard release. Again, far as I know no gold stickers on these boxes and no extra goodies.

3. Who knows what the deal is with that gift card. Sorry.

4. Pre order for the bundle will start as soon as the newsletter is posted next Thursday apparently.

5. Again, cost unknown at this time.

rainman said:
If you buy all three, shouldn't they ship them all together anyway? I don't see that this changes many peoples minds if they were going to order them anyway.

I do like the hoodie guy and I may get that one. I'll most likely pass on the other two espescially if these are $60 a piece. I don't see how they can justify that price.

Where are you guys seeing the pics? I got the newsletter but it just has that one little square headshot (maybe I don't pay enough attention to the newsletter but it is always so long and full of stuff I am NOT interested in.)

Customikey said:
Yeah, funny how little the actual figures got discussed. Maybe the Rebelscum forums were more productive. Unlikely seing as it looks like most of their posters are HERE!!!!!!
Is that a problem?

waverly94 said:
Where are you guys seeing the pics? I got the newsletter but it just has that one little square headshot (maybe I don't pay enough attention to the newsletter but it is always so long and full of stuff I am NOT interested in.)

You realize you can choose the content of your newsletter?

Turbo said:
Is that a problem?

Not really. My only regret is that Star Wars fans have developed a nasty reputation for negativity and sour attitude. And maybe it'sa a well-deserved reputation. The longer Sideshow holds the Star Wars license, the less this board has felt like a safe, comfortable, friendly, and accepting place. What was predominantly a flowering community with a few sour apples, has become a series of negative flaming threads, mostly located in the Star Wars forum, you might notice. It's a shame that it is so. I don't think it's a chronic problem, but the influx of new members can mainly be attributed to Star Wars, and the board is experiencing some growing pains.

It's hard to read this much arguing and not be affected.

Ive been debating getting into this thread. Very good debate. I have to say, just in case SS is listening, I H O P E the "bundle" is cheaper by more than the shipping, pppllleeeaaaassseeeee!!!!!
Secondly, SS, can the regular release figure have multiple heads available, so if someone, say, wanted to round out the troop into a squad, you could! Be cool to have an African American one too!
my .02cents.

So basically what you want is a bunch of SSC suck asses here. Well that's not me pal. I call them like I see them. I will praise SSC when they do good and I will defiantly say whats on my mind when I feel something isn't right. If we all just sit here and say wow SS, you are the best! Please keep screwing up the paint apps and oh make sure you guys keep sending me broken figures in smashed boxes. I'm sorry, no. I'm not a bad apple and I have been around many boards for a long time now. There's room for improvement with this line. The quality needs to improve to justify the price hikes and for me to continue to support it. With that said thanks for the warm welcome.

Turbo said:
So basically what you want is a bunch of SSC suck asses here. Well that's not me pal. I call them like I see them. I will praise SSC when they do good and I will defiantly say whats on my mind when I feel something isn't right. If we all just sit here and say wow SS, you are the best! Please keep screwing up the paint apps and oh make sure you guys keep sending me broken figures in smashed boxes. I'm sorry, no. I'm not a bad apple and I have been around many boards for a long time now. There's room for improvement with this line. The quality needs to improve to justify the price hikes and for me to continue to support it. With that said thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm pretty sure you could have said what you wanted without being a condescending jerk. And that's all I'm saying. You don't have to go all militant to get your point across, and you don't have to be unpleasant to be heard. I never said we all need to suck SSC's ass. I never said you couldn't say what's on your mind. Preach on. But try not to be such a f*ckin' prat while you're doing it. It's all in how you choose to represent yourself.

And welcome to the boards. I'm sure you're presence is a blessing to us all.

Last edited:
Here is my final thoughts on the endor troopers and the way they are released. I plan to order them as soon as the newsletter goes up on Thursday.
I think that this is one of the best ideas Sideshow has come up with so far. I hope that they continue to do this with the troop line. For instance we can get a 3-5 figures at a time maybe twice a year. This is a great way to build up the troops and give people variety in the troops instead of buying 5 of the same figure. Heres what I would like to see as groupings of soldiers. I say release two sets a year and that would only be an extra 4 figures a year. We can then get around 16 figures a year this way.
Sandtrooper - (Orange, White and Black pauldrons)
Stormtrooper - (ANH, ROTJ, Blackhole Trooper)
ROTS Clones - (Shock, 501st, Utaupa, White)
AOTC Clones - (White, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow)
Hoth Rebels - (Riekeen, 2 different soldiers)
Rebel Fleet Troopers - (Captain Antilles, 2 rebel troopers)
Imperial Officers - (Tarkin, Piett, Imperial officer)

So I look at it this way the Endor troops are a test that if they will sell like this all of the other ideas that I put up above would be able to sell. I could only imagine getting all of the AOTC clones at once. It would be like Christmas that day. Plus you could make the white clone the regular release so people can build up a grunt army.

On the actual Endor Troopers well I really like them all and am happy with the way they went about this and just didnt change heads on the same figure with the same clothing. I think that the detail looks great from the preview pick. I think this pretty much guarantees a Endor Luke convention exclusive sometime next year. I just hope they make a good many so I can get one.

Turbo said:
So basically what you want is a bunch of SSC suck asses here.
I think this is what Customikey is referring to. The slow decline of civility that seems to have taken place since the start of the 1/6 Star Wars line. It's not worshippers we're looking for, just common courtesy and a semblance of good manners.

Every so often, a thread appears that really seems to bring out the best in everyone.

This is one of those threads.

care_bears_07.gif

Well, here's my bit of cheerleading- Good for Sideshow for throwing us a curve-ball, and giving us not one, but three figures no one was expecting... all with different sculpts and uniforms. This is going to be a long line of figures. If we get all the main characters up front, what will we have to look forward to? It's nice to have some variety thrown into the mix. I think SSC has shown with Jabba that we should expect the unexpected. It will keep the line fresh.

Customikey said:
The longer Sideshow holds the Star Wars license, the less this board has felt like a safe, comfortable, friendly, and accepting place. What was predominantly a flowering community with a few sour apples, has become a series of negative flaming threads, mostly located in the Star Wars forum, you might notice. It's a shame that it is so. I don't think it's a chronic problem, but the influx of new members can mainly be attributed to Star Wars, and the board is experiencing some growing pains.

It's hard to read this much arguing and not be affected.

Well put, Mikey... And it's not that people just complain, it's that they do it relentlessly. Reading all the negative comments does get tiring.

Thanks for the hug, Tom.

tomandshell said:
That one actually wasn't meant for you, Batty. This one is:

Thanks, Tom! Hey... wait a minute!

Does your wife ever catch you looking at pics like that? :lol

Memnoch21 said:
1. The bundle will ship them all together to save on shipping costs, unknown at this time what they will retail for in either the bundle or seperate.

2. My understanding is there is NO exclusive item but Brant and Nik Sant are Exclusive to SS. The clean faced guy will be the standard release. Again, far as I know no gold stickers on these boxes and no extra goodies.

3. Who knows what the deal is with that gift card. Sorry.

4. Pre order for the bundle will start as soon as the newsletter is posted next Thursday apparently.

5. Again, cost unknown at this time.

Thank you... much appreciated.

I think it's a cool idea, but I'm only getting main characters, so it's a pass for me. Very creative effort though on releasing armies and backround guys. And these are a sensible first choice, not because of who they are, but because they're easy to crank out compared to Clones and Stromtroopers, and to get a feel for the military thing.

Back