Employers ask job seekers for their Facebook passwords

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are absolutely correct Lejuan. I can't believe I even compared a mutual contractual agreement between FB and their users with a prospective employer asking for the password to a private social networking account. My bad.

:lecture Fixed

I don't facebook.

and I don't have a 'past, present, nor future,' as I still live in my parents rec-room with orange shag carpet, and really DARK wood paneling...:wave

No FB, no problemo. I'll just give em fake info. Like some of em employer(mostly agencies) already ask for my last 4 SS# and date & month of my birthdate. It supposedly prevent duplication of resume submitted. Also they can do some background check since its a sensitive position (banking). I don't give em out or I give em fake numbers. I made it clear that I don't give out and if they don't like...too bad bi&tches. Go sniff another candidate.

Last edited:
You control what is seen on facebook. There's no need for them to have your login information. Should they also get your online banking username and password to check your financials? Should they have your pin number to check all previous purchases?

Glad you want to live in a distopian world. Heaven forbid that information is made public. Scary slope this is....

EDIT: Just because you may have nothing to hide does not give the right for your future employer or government to look into your private life.

:lecture By demanding your login information they are potentially bypassing the EEO laws since just about everyone has their age, relationship status, religious, and political views in their information.

:lecture By demanding your login information they are potentially bypassing the EEO laws since just about everyone has their age, relationship status, religious, and political views in their information.

My point exactly. It's one thing to look at your profile..it's another thing to ask for secure information.

Just temporarily close the account the day before interview and tell them of not having one.

really? so if you have personal religious beliefs or certain political views that you want to share with family/friend but maybe your employer or Boss might not like, we should keep silent? ;)

That's right,we ALL must Obey and be politically correct
:wink1:

:panic::panic::panic::panic:

I agree with Teemu!!!!!

And it could boil down to being simply they don't like your sense of humor or the LOL cats you post.

:horror

What cold individual doesn't enjoy the humour of Lolcats?!

128930229633909166.jpg

I've got nothing to hide on facebook and if they want to look at my page thats fine but there is no chance in hell they are getting my password.

Employers wanna see their employees FB pages before hiring??? I didn't know that many teenage girls need jobs. Isn't FB for teenage girls to say "OH...MY...GOD!!!" about everything that happened at school that day??

The "OH...MY...GOD!!!" posts seem to refer more to The Hunger Games these days... meh.

I don't know what The Hunger Games is. Is that like the new Twillight or something???

I wonder the same thing. I'd never heard of it and all of a sudden It's all the rave in teen land from what I understand.

Back