Emperor Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
palpthPF.jpg

palpth12.jpg

I'd really like to see some comparison shots of the 1/6 and 1/4 Emperors when someone gets both. Personally I lean toward the 1/6 now, but in hand photos of the Palpies would let us know more.

I have a feeling this one will be around for a long time, the regular far past the date of release so while I'm not interested in it right now and not impressed really with the final outcome I'll wait until I see it in hand before definitively saying I am not getting it.

I dont understand why all the haters of this PF.
I think the sculpt is actually really good and is instantly recognizable more so than the LSB imho.
This is a PF that has been requested by collectors for years (myself included) and now we finally have it ppl are just hatin. We knew this was going to be expensive some ppl were predicting 600-700 and you all act surprised its come in at $500??? Yes i agree the hood is wrong and hope they will fix it and have emailed SS and asked them about the hood. Also we all know that SS never takes great promo pics and once we get this in hand i know it is going to be awesome.
I don't see a bunch of haters, just a group of genuine fans and collectors all expressing their opinions, which is what forums are all about after all.

Some like it, some don't but I don't see any unreasonable comments (negative or positive). Remember, opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
If you've ordered one and are happy with it, that should be all that matters.

this will turn out to be great. just looking at the protos, im sure it's going to be one of the 'must-haves'. imagine it being the center piece with the dimmed lights..like wow.

just the same, the 12-incher was a good fig. let's just try to compare apples with apples. im sure SS will learn from its market and listen.

This statue is a fail. It should be able to stand up and electrocute Luke and then tell him to piss off. Unless they add that feature I will NOT be buying this. Horrible!

Yes darth I'm aware of these pics but I'm even sure the PF with the same photo skills, light and longer hood (which hopefully Sideshow will fix in production) will look much better than the 12".

I doubt lighting will change the fact that hood is too small though.

I "struggled" a bit with the inaccuracies, $500 price tag and the NRD but eventually gave in and placed my pre-order with SSC for the Ex Edition. He is the Emperor after all. ;)

Lot of people missing the point of a lot of the comments on this thread.
I think if it was a standard PF price of $299 or so, it would be fantastic. Almost doubling the price for absolutely no reason, we expect a LOT more out of the sculpt and quality.

And if I hear "Well he comes with a throne, derp!" argument again I'm going to scream. Ghost Rider came with a throne and was only one inch shorter. Adding some cloth robes and lights doesn't warrant a $300 increase.

In terms of PURE WEIGHT (raw materials used) Hulkbuster according to the site is 15 lbs, Emperor is 10 lbs. Hulkbuster has an additional 5 lbs of polystone used and is still $80 cheaper than this guy.

Again, I would buy this in a heartbeat if it were at the CORRECT price point, the fact that it's not, warrants much more than is being offered.

Last edited:
I'm surprised we haven't seen the Low Quantity Bar on this (well not really) but it should send a message to SSC and I expect the next Star Wars Ex to be a lot smaller in terms of ES. Which is unfortunate since I think the majority of the reason that this isn't going is problems with the piece itself instead of actual number...

I think looking at the 360 makes me want it a lot more but I am still hesitant. If they fix the hood I would be much more interested.

Back