Emperor Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George just made an official comment on the reason for the hefty price hike of $499 for this PF:

george_lucas.jpg

"Because people will pay it. Originally it was just the statue itself, but because there
wasn't a lot to it I asked them how we could bring the price from $279 to $500 and they
simply said they could throw some lights and his chair in. I said, 'Do it! George needs to
get PAAAAAIIIID!!!! Reconize, b*tches!'"

Quandary time: Courting all opinions;

Had all day to think about it, came home and everyone's negative comments have kept me from pulling the trigger and ordering so far. Somethings...just not 100% right with this piece yet. I think the head sculpts are fine (if unoriginal), but that hood just seems kinda...wrong. Again, I sit here everyday & stare at a cardboard life-size pix of this very pose. The 2nd head & hands do nothing for me, but it's the same price w/ or w/out them. Anybody have a guess what the price for the regular edition through a secondary dealer might run? $450?

If the ex edition size is 500, what's your guess on the edition size of the non-ex? 800? 1000? I think SS will have a hard time selling 1500 (total) of these, IMO.

First it was the awkward pose on the LOTR Morgul Lord, then the HT Indy high Hat-debacle, now it's the Emperor's ill-sized Hoodie...:sigh:

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Assume that a Palpatine PF without throne would be about $250-275. Also assume that a 1:4 scale throne with lights would be more expensive than the 12" version which costs $140, and I'll estimate a price for the PF throne at about $225-250 or more because of all that polystone and the lights.
I wonder how much polystone is actually in this thing? Throne is probably hollow (only 4.5kg, doom is 11.3kg), and body probably has a lot of plastic.

I only like the Exclusive head; think the piece looks awesome, but it's too rich for my collection.

Wow $500, wasn't really expecting that...but I've been _____ing for this for a long time so , yeah order in. The portraits look fantastic, please please please let the production paint hold up.

Their design team needs a serious intervention. I know they are all artists and want to show it off with "artistic interpretations" of poses that theses characters could possibly have done..but as a collector (my opinion only) they should go with more iconic poses. I got the Jedi Luke PF but the pose is a big fail with so many other cool options. The emperor I have no basic qualms with besides the sitting forward , force lightening hands...just sit him back in his chair..have his head be able to swivel and arms. Though my point is, there are several PF's coming out I am excited for (Stormtrooper and droids) and I am only excited because I invision them to be in iconic poses...I really dont want to see them blow it on those. They are losing the company thousands upon thousands of dollars also with some of these bad choices. I know the Jedi Luke didnt sell well, and the main reason is the pose...and the crappy light up feature.

Completely agreed! In fact, I think sculpts should be based off iconic stills.

Moved to the states recently from Canada. Is there a particularly good site to get a deal on a regular version here?

I was all set to order this, but sideshow's response to my spidey statue (long story) has me pissed. I will reassess in the morning.

quick question - it this goes to gift card status (and god knows I have enough of those), do you still collect reward points?

Anyone realized this Emperor PF weigh only 10 LB. I mean the statue with the throne all together weigh 10 LB. It is very light compare to the others such as Darth Talon 12 LB, Jedi Luke 12 LB, 1st Maul 18 LB, Anakin 10 LB... It seems like cheap made for $500. Just like when I received Boba Fett PF, pick it up and felt it was so light. Didn't have that solid statue feel to it. therefore I returned it.

I don't think it makes sense to judge something based on its weight. I understand the psychology behind it, but how often do you pick up your statues? What's important is how it looks, which unfortunately is also an issue with this one.

If they can reduce weight and still looks great then weight shouldn't matter. I'm sure a lot of that is because the Emperor lacks an actual full body sculpt underneath.

10lbs though would lead me to assume the chair might be hollow. Doesn't make it cheap though. It's for display and not for kids to touch or other people to play with like a Hasbro toy. It also keeps their costs down and profits higher probably in the end.

If this doesn't have a quick sell through (not looking like it yet) I hope this sends a clear message to SS about what they've been sorely doing wrong with these late pieces.

Personally I want iconic poses that truly show the character. These weird off poses or expressions are just not working for me.

So?
Who has actually pulled the trigger and pre ordered an exclusive here?
I thought about it all day and came home and looked at all the pics again and again and finally decided i would go for it and have placed my flex pay order. This is one of the PFs i have wanted from the begining and although it hasnt wowed me as i thought it would
I think this will be so much better in person once you futz with him a bit and pose him properly.
I hope. :)

glad I got the 1:6 version it's perfect, I don't collect PF but usually I have the thought I should buy not in this case though

I ordered one--I wasn't going to pass after waiting two and a half years for a new OT character to be added to the PF line.

With all of the PT, EU and repeat characters, it's been a really long time since I've had a new piece to get excited about based on a classic OT character who hasn't been done before in this format. I am happy to be getting Palpatine, and I'm also anxious to finally preorder the droids and the Stormtrooper later this year. Stuff like Cyborg Maul and Darth Oola almost killed my enthusiasm, but the recent OT previews have restored my faith in this line.

Back