Statue Emma Frost LSB preview UP.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A question for owners of this bust.

Does she have a slight depression on her forehead —and I don't mean her gentle frown— or is that completely smooth on yours?

That's the first thing I noticed when I opened it up and I kinda freaked out, due to it being quite visible on certain angles and lighting.

Then I came here looking for reference and I noticed some pics of fellow members just seem to hint at it as well, while there's no trace of that on others, but then that could be just lighting.

Please check this out (pics by Jedah Kalm and edge888) to see what I mean:

lsbemmafrostforehead.jpg

Please give me some reassurance here, cause I'm this close to asking for a replacement.

Ha, I didn't even notice that until now. Don't know what to tell you about it. Doesn't exactly looks like it belongs, but on mine it's so minor that it's not a bother at all.

Ha, I didn't even notice that until now. Don't know what to tell you about it. Doesn't exactly looks like it belongs, but on mine it's so minor that it's not a bother at all.

Thank you, JK. I already knew yours was like that, though. :)

Mine does not have that. Its probly how the polystone set.

Damn. I've had two other posters over at SF tell me theirs was indeed like mine (or Jedah's), and had come to accept it as a common flaw, but now you've brought doubt to this poor OCD mind.

Good for you that your piece is flawless, though, don't get me wrong. And thanks for your input. ;-)

Can anybody else please confirm this is more like a 'some are OK, some are not' case?

Oh no!!! I hope mine doesnt have that! I'm away from home right now so I cant check mine for ya. But will, as soon as I can. Although, from the pictures you posted, Im pretty sure if my Emma came that way, Id notice. Its pretty obvious! Yikes.
Man, now I'm kinda wishing I hadn't read this post... if i do in fact have a funky foreheaded Emma, it will irritate me every time i see it. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss haha. ;)

These pics are for you, Shoo. They arent the greatest, but I hope they answer your question. My statue doesnt have the indentation; maybe your statue will qualify for a replacement?
IMG_1587.jpg
IMG_1589.jpg
IMG_1588.jpg
IMG_1591.jpg

These pics are for you, Shoo. They arent the greatest, but I hope they answer your question. My statue doesnt have the indentation; maybe your statue will qualify for a replacement?

Thank you very much for your time, FGC. :):)

I take it those are cellphone pics, though, so it's kinda hard to make out much, but I do seem to see a slightly different color on her forehead on your last pic, at the same spot mine is.

So just in case it's there but you can't see it, can't you feel it either when you run your finger over it?

Here are a few pics taken with my crappy Blackberry cam (it's at times like these that I wish I wouldn't still shoot film). As you all can see (or rather not see), it's hardly noticeable there. But it's there, oh yes it is.

img00286201202170939a.jpg

img00288201202171535a.jpg

img00289201202171535a.jpg

img00290201202171536a.jpg

So, VS1976, Anthos and any other fellow members owning this, what about yours?

Last edited:
^^ no issues in both my reg & ex.

I'm still looking for another Emma LSB Ex so any Canadian who want to sell it or the nameplate, please PM me :)

@ Shoo, no problem! Yeah, they were taken with the cellphone.. sorry. I can post some sweet hi-res SLR pics if you'd like, too. Not a problem, honestly. i'd be happy to help.
So, yeah, rubbing my finger across her forehead was the first thing I did, actually, and it was smooth.
Maybe your Emma bust is just thinking real hard... and her veins started to pop out... (or inward, in this case???haha.) Ok, that was a bad 'joke'... lol

Thank you, guys.

That makes three of you with a good Emma, but it seems to be quite a widepread issue, going by what I'm told elsewhere.

Quarthon was so kind to show me these pics of his. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

I'd still like for more people to chime in and tell us about theirs before I make a decision. I'm afraid that if I go ahead and have it replaced, chances are I'd end up with another dented Emma.

Last edited:
Just checked out my Emma and no issues with mine. As picky as I am these days I would have no qualms about a return.

Beware of returns. They destroyed my Madame Hydra EX before they realized the replacement they were about to send me was worse, so they destroyed that, too. Now I have no EX.

Clearly some mold must have got damaged and they didn't bother to fix that. Shame on them. Shame on them!

How could they let this happen to a bust! And a female, too! These are all about beauty!

I wouldn't mind it that much if the dent were on, say, a shoulder... or even a boob! But no, it had to be right on her forehead.

I don't usually obsess over these things - I have other pieces whose flaws I've easily overlooked in no time, but every time I look at her I can't help focusing on that foremost, and I'm certain that this isn't bound to change.

I've borrowed a slightly better (but still crappy) cam. Here are a couple of pics with my Emma looking good.

emma001.jpg

emma002.jpg

She's a beaut, right? Nothing wrong with her.

Most people must see this when they look at theirs. Not me. I noticed the dent right away as I pulled her out of the box and, be it the angle, the changing lighting or whatever, I can, alas, see it most of the time.

Some details are softened and not that visible on camera, but, play around with ligthing and, lo and behold, poor Emma gets pockmarked:

emma003petita.jpg

Last edited:
Back