Statue Emma Frost LSB preview UP.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No forehead is smooth ever on a real person. I see nothing wrong with it if there is a minor dent look to it.
I concur. I have seen such indentations on real women before, even beautiful ones. Arguably, it could be seen as making it look more real.
I am a perfectionist, and I don't think this is a big issue. Paint slobber, certainly, but this just makes it different.
I don't recall such an indentation on mine, but then I didn't really look very closely. If it is there, it will be fine with me.

The realities of Sideshow QC necessitate accepting some of this stuff, lest you get a worse one. If you DO try for replacement, make sure they actually inspect your replacement before you return yours. As I said earlier, they didn't even inspect my replacement to check it's quality before I sent mine back to be sure the replacement was better. What sense does THAT make? THAT assumes that just because it is new and unopened that it has no flaws. With that reasoning, my statue should have arrived with no flaws as well. Absurd...

I concur. I have seen such indentations on real women before, even beautiful ones. Arguably, it could be seen as making it look more real.
I am a perfectionist, and I don't think this is a big issue. Paint slobber, certainly, but this just makes it different.
I don't recall such an indentation on mine, but then I didn't really look very closely. If it is there, it will be fine with me.

I wouldn't mind it that much if it was lower down her forehead, as if it were a frown —she's actually frowning a bit—, but not up there, that makes no sense.

These are idealized portraits, and not even that lifelike. I mean, it's only comic book realism, if you will, so why put a round indentation there? We're not even talking expression lines, which I would actually welcome.

Neither my Black Cat nor my Mystique have anything remotely like that. You know why? Because they're supposed to look impossibly good from any angle.

The realities of Sideshow QC necessitate accepting some of this stuff, lest you get a worse one. If you DO try for replacement, make sure they actually inspect your replacement before you return yours. As I said earlier, they didn't even inspect my replacement to check it's quality before I sent mine back to be sure the replacement was better. What sense does THAT make? THAT assumes that just because it is new and unopened that it has no flaws. With that reasoning, my statue should have arrived with no flaws as well. Absurd...

Yes, that's why I have to make sure there's a reasonable chance of getting a good Emma before I go through a replacement process. I actually think most if not all Emmas are dented, but not everyone has noticed. Plenty of people here and on the other forum have said they didn't notice until I brought it up (sorry, guys! :p), and I guess a good lot of those feeling safe in the thought they have a good piece do not have one, unbenowknst to them.

I wouldn't mind it that much if it was lower down her forehead, as if it were a frown —she's actually frowning a bit—, but not up there, that makes no sense.

These are idealized portraits, and not even that lifelike. I mean, it's only comic book realism, if you will, so why put a round indentation there? We're not even talking expression lines, which I would actually welcome.

Neither my Black Cat nor my Mystique have anything remotely like that. You know why? Because they're supposed to look impossibly good from any angle.

Yes, that's why I have to make sure there's a reasonable chance of getting a good Emma before I go through a replacement process. I actually think most if not all Emmas are dented, but not everyone has noticed. Plenty of people here and on the other forum have said they didn't notice until I brought it up (sorry, guys! :p), and I guess a good lot of those feeling safe in the thought they have a good piece do not have one, unbenowknst to them.

I respect your perspective on this, looking for an ideal representation of the character. Frankly, I think this bust looks much more realistic than a comic version, though.

I might recheck my Emma then.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just received my Emma today. Never pre-ordered it, bought a ready stock. Thankfully I've read this thread, and noticing the dented forehead issue.

I checked 3 Emmas at the store, 2 of 'em has a very obvious dent, like a crater indeed. But the one I finally ended up with, the one I choose to bring back home, has only a very smooth, almost no dent, even when I tried to examine her with various lights and angles.

So I think they all have the dent, but some of them are very obvious, and some of them are very smooth. Maybe it's on the casting process, or maybe just the thickness of the paint layers, I have no idea.

IMG-20120324-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20120324-WA0005.jpg

Thank you batsheva for proving me right. Unfortunately.

You're very welcome. Even with the dent, I think this is a very good Emma Frost. She looks smart and sharp, stunningly beautiful, and of course, sexy. Her pale color palette helps adding the cold ambience, as the White Queen.

And I do agree with you, I think this is more of a comical realism, not a realistic rendering of her. It's just like Greg Land's work, or Hughes. Comical realism. We can see that from the way they treat her hair. Instead of sculpting each individual hair strands like Hot Toys hair, they sculpt it just like in the comic, blocky flows with sharp pointed edges.

Back